News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

A day to express our gratitude for everything we take for granted.

Started by Scotty, November 26, 2009, 06:23:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotty

I know this is an American national holiday, so if you aren't American, you can understand, but this is a day that we celebrate and give thanks for things that we all too often don't think much of, or take for granted.  The clothes on your back, the mass amounts of food on your table, the roof over your head.  The heaters that keep your chilled house at a warm temperature.  Everything that you as a civilized human being have thanks to those who have passed before you.

I don't know if people fully grasp the purpose of this day.  Most just think it is a day to sit around, watch the game, eat and get fat, then fall asleep due to all the turkey.  I just want to remind people that today is the day that you have a smile on your face.  Walk around your house, look at everything you have, and be thankful.  Be thankful for the wood furnishings that some man slaved over to build.  Be thankful of the asphalt driveway that some company laid down so you can drive your car onto.  Be thankful of the roofing on your house, the computer at your desk, the grass in the front yard, the family that cooked your fattening meal.  This is a day to put aside worries, and just be grateful that your life is the way it is.

Happy Thanksgiving folks!

Torch

Sounds like a pretty lame holiday to me. Canadian Thanksgiving is right before Halloween and we just get drunk and eat turkey with our families.

11clock

Pat

Australian thanksgiving is a day where we all do our own things and nothing special :P
Have fun! (Oh except I wanted pepperoni pizza for like ages and then I got it for dinner, yea)
Facepunch consumes your soul and assimilates you into their crazy community.

yottabyte

I wish we had thanksgiving here in sweden.  :)

happy thanksgiving.

I partly quit SO. I only come online for updates and events. Have a good day. :)

Delicious

Happy thanksgiving, America!  :D
We, up in Canada, celebrate thanksgiving in October. November seems much more suitable to have it, though.
<3

Chaos

Be thankful for all those games you've pirated without getting caught...

;)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, EVERYONE!
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Lucifer

Be thankful to all those Indians we killed to get this land!

Happy Indian slaughtering day!

Pat

Facepunch consumes your soul and assimilates you into their crazy community.

crozier

Quote from: Lucifer on November 26, 2009, 10:39:53 AM

I remeber somebody saying something like that on the old forum.
Yeah happy thanksgiving anyway.

Delicious

Quote from: Lucifer on November 26, 2009, 10:39:53 AM

That's actually really horrible...  :-\

Even though this is only America - I'm thankful for my family, friends, food and shelter that is provided and this loving community... Thank you.
<3

Titan

Livin' in a lonely world.

LeGuy

Hooray for nice things!

I'd say if you have a computer and an internet connection, then you're doing immensely better than the majority of the rest of the planet. Enjoy this day with your loving families, and try to take some time to appreciate the fact that you live in a part of the world that has the resources to randomly choose several days a year to make a whole lot more food than neccesary and eat it all at once.

Whee!