News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Code to Delete

Started by Riserva, November 29, 2009, 06:32:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riserva

I was thinking, if you had a code to delete items.

Shift Click --> Code --> Delete.

EG. Delete Whip, A box appears, you type in a code, eg: 03532 (a code you made) to keep your own equipment safe.

People like to share other people's accounts. Introducing a code would reduce hacking. :)

foG

So basicially you have to remember a code for each item?

How about you just keep your password to yourself? :D:D:D Good idea? No?

Made by EpicPhail.

http://mr.foglet.mybrute.com/
Fight my brute Mr.foGlet. =D

Riserva

Same code for every item. :P

.. was just an idea.

yottabyte

There is already a password and there is a reason for it. No need to have two passwords.

Just don't give your pass to someone you don't trust.

I partly quit SO. I only come online for updates and events. Have a good day. :)

Riserva

Fine.. Gang up against my legend idea. :(

Splinch

I think it would be sort of useful to have this implemented; it would prevent the gullible newbies from taking advice from older players when they say "Shift + Right Click gets you free gold!" If they have to type in a code, they'll know it doesn't get 'em free gold. And it could prevent accidental deletion (although it is rather hard to accidentally delete an item)

It's not a bad suggestions.

ARTgames

Maple Story has this an idea like this but for pay. It meant for when your logged into your account and you need to go somewhere quick and some one messes around with your items.

Because it takes so long to logout/in in this game (idk if so 3 will also do this) it would be cool if the game had a "lock" like windows. Ware when you lock your PC you cant use it until you type in your password. With this you don't need a "code to delete" and you can keep people from messing with your game if you need to go get something or go somewhere quickly.

Now i know what your saying. Why not use the lock system on windows? Well first what if your not on a pc that's yours and you don't know there password or if there's not password because your on a guest account. Also locking your pc is like switching accounts on windows.
http://www.stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=447.0
and as the topic states it basically d/c's you.

This should not be hard to implement ether.

Riserva

Quote from: Splinch on November 29, 2009, 09:58:03 AM
I think it would be sort of useful to have this implemented; it would prevent the gullible newbies from taking advice from older players when they say "Shift + Right Click gets you free gold!" If they have to type in a code, they'll know it doesn't get 'em free gold. And it could prevent accidental deletion (although it is rather hard to accidentally delete an item)

It's not a bad suggestions.

Thanks.

Riserva

Quote from: ARTgames on November 29, 2009, 10:04:42 AM
Maple Story has this an idea like this but for pay. It meant for when your logged into your account and you need to go somewhere quick and some one messes around with your items.

Because it takes so long to logout/in in this game (idk if so 3 will also do this) it would be cool if the game had a "lock" like windows. Ware when you lock your PC you cant use it until you type in your password. With this you don't need a "code to delete" and you can keep people from messing with your game if you need to go get something or go somewhere quickly.

Now i know what your saying. Why not use the lock system on windows? Well first what if your not on a pc that's yours and you don't know there password or if there's not password because your on a guest account. Also locking your pc is like switching accounts on windows.
http://www.stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=447.0
and as the topic states it basically d/c's you.

This should not be hard to implement ether.

I understand you. :)

Delicious

The idea is decent, but if you don't want your items/weapons to be deleted/sold then don't give your password out. It's as simple as that, really.  :)
<3

Riserva

Quote from: Delicious on November 29, 2009, 01:34:01 PM
The idea is decent, but if you don't want your items/weapons to be deleted/sold then don't give your password out. It's as simple as that, really.  :)

Yes, a hacker precaution.

Lucifer

That would be god damn annoying. Now, maybe if there were a seperate password on your bank/storage, sure, but like hell I'm going to type in a password every time I want to delete a stick.

Also, seriously, theres no such thing as "hacking into people's accounts" in this game. Meiun has done a great job in putting up hacking protection. If someone was seriously that intent on hacking you, another password isn't going to stop them.

Riserva

Quote from: Lucifer on November 29, 2009, 02:58:00 PM
That would be god damn annoying. Now, maybe if there were a seperate password on your bank/storage, sure, but like hell I'm going to type in a password every time I want to delete a stick.

Then don't pick up the stick. :@

Pinball

Meh, I don't account share and would have to do the password protection for no reason.. 
Also according to the Readme file that comes with SO it's against the rules to account share, so if people wouldn't break the rule they wouldn't have items deleted in the first place.

"TERMS OF USE (RULES):
The following are violations of the Stick Online Terms of Use:
-Accessing another player's account"

Quote from: ARTgames on November 29, 2009, 10:04:42 AM
It take like 10secs after you push 'esc' for it to close out, I'm sure people can wait it out before leaving.  As for locking you PC, I think that's asking a little to much from a game.  Unless you mean locking the game, in that case I think being able to log off and have the game go back to the menu would be better.

~Pin

Delicious

Could always also have the "code to delete" none-manditory. You can choose to set it on/off, however once it's on you must know your code to turn it back off again... Therefor, if you feel that it's annoying, then set it off.  ;)
<3