News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

SO art

Started by Pinball, July 02, 2009, 02:36:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yottabyte

Haha Pinball's stuff is awesome

I partly quit SO. I only come online for updates and events. Have a good day. :)

God-I-Suck

EpicPhailure

That logo is...AMAZING.

And the pixel puzzle probably took a long time to design, lol.

yottabyte

I partly quit SO. I only come online for updates and events. Have a good day. :)

Mr Pwnage

O_____O I think that SO avatar is going to hypnotize me or something...I can't stop looking at it because it is so awesome. I'll get to work on that puzzle now.

Edit: Finished. Lol...that was my guess before I even started the puzzle. Nice work. If you want...I might be able to make a program so that people can interactively solve the puzzle and not use paint? Just a thought.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Bo-sox

Quote from: Pinball on September 02, 2009, 01:07:35 AM

- added SO pixel puzzle 0  (the image gets scaled down on my image host, so download the .png file from http://host-a.net/Pinball/Pixel%20Puzzle%200.PNG )

Once downloaded, open it in MS Paint and change your tool to the bucket tool to fill in the boxes.  Please DON'T post what the image is for the puzzle.

~Pin

good work, i also finished it

Lingus

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on September 02, 2009, 12:47:56 PM
If you want...I might be able to make a program so that people can interactively solve the puzzle and not use paint? Just a thought.
That's exactly what I thought of when I saw it. Though, considering Pinball is apparently extremely skilled with Game Maker, he could do it himself. What was the name of the game he did for that competition we had? Roll? That was an awesome game.

Dragx_Rage

- added SO icon avatar
If someone wants to use this as their avatar, you can as long as you put in your sig "Avatar created by Pinball".

Man, this is cool.

Delicious

Finished that puzzle you've made.. Pretty fun, actually.
<3

Pinball

Quote from: Lingus on September 02, 2009, 03:52:49 PM
If you want...I might be able to make a program so that people can interactively solve the puzzle and not use paint? Just a thought.
That's exactly what I thought of when I saw it. Though, considering Pinball is apparently extremely skilled with Game Maker, he could do it himself.

I suppose if I get time I will, tho I can't think of too many improvement from doing it.

Quote from: Lingus
What was the name of the game he did for that competition we had? Roll? That was an awesome game.
Yeah it is called 'Roll', thanks, and I been working on it off and on, so version 1.01 might be coming out soon.

~Pin

Pat

Nice work! If you were going to make an application for the pixel puzzle (I solved it yay) you could have it that it adds a hint every few seconds and you have like a menu with all the possible options, a square is filled with a hint every 3-6 seconds. If you guess it right you get points (start seconds - finish seconds) and you move onto another random puzzle (never the same one or one before) if you get it wrong you lose like 5 seconds. As you go on you get less time to solve the puzzle (meaning you get less hints) when the time runs out you lose, but your score is entered to an online highscore table. There should be a minimum time so the puzzle is actually solvable but it's still hard to beat at this time. It requires have a clock ticking noise to increase the suspense and when you finish a puzzle, it glows from the edge of each square and fills the screen with light and when it fades you can see a color image of the object you guessed. It should have all the hats, all the weapons, all the monsters and a stick (maybe in different poses like standing sitting to add slightly more variety).
Facepunch consumes your soul and assimilates you into their crazy community.

Mystery

What was the name of the game he did for that competition we had? Roll? That was an awesome game.
Oh, man, I LOVED that game. It was a pleasure to judge that competition.

- added SO icon avatar
If someone wants to use this as their avatar, you can as long as you put in your sig "Avatar created by Pinball".

That's awesome right there.

Finished the puzzle. I never expected THAT to be the image, personally.  :P

Excellent work as always, Pinball.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Pinball

Quote from: Pinball on September 03, 2009, 01:55:19 AM
That's exactly what I thought of when I saw it. Though, considering Pinball is apparently extremely skilled with Game Maker, he could do it himself.

I suppose if I get time I will, tho I can't think of too many improvement from doing it.

~Pin

-Made the Pixel Puzzle program so people don't have to use ms paint to solve the puzzles.  It also includes two new puzzles (please don't post what they are), and the one I posted earlier which was the blob as seen in the screen shot.

-Screen Shot-

-Download-
http://host-a.net/Pinball/Pixel%20Puzzle.zip

-Controls-
Left Click - cycles between the primary color and white.
Right Click - cycles between the secondary color and white.
Middle Click - cycles between box and circle shape.
Ctrl Left Click - sets the primary color to the color under the cursor.
Ctrl Right Click - sets the secondary color to the color under the cursor.
S key - save the puzzle.
L key - load the puzzle.
Delete - changes all the boxes' color back to white.
R key - changes the primary and secondary colors to random colors.
Shift key - changes every box with the color thats under the cursor to the primary color.
F11 - saves puzzle with grid as .bmp file.
F12 - saves puzzle without grid as .bmp file.
H key - displays controls.
Space bar - loads the hint picture.

-Other Info-
-The puzzle 'Stick Online 2' is a color puzzle.
-If you create a puzzle using the hint template I included, make sure you save it as a .bmp, .jpg, or .gif file otherwise the program won't recognize it, also make sure it's in the same folder as the .exe.
-If you color in the picture, you probably want the SO sky color, so in the pop up color changer, change the RGB to Red=166 Green=254 Blue=254.

~Pin

flashmaniac

Nice work Pinball, you legend!

Mr Pwnage

I think your download link might be broken? When I click one I get a page full of things that say "Warning!"?
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php