News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Cancel Log Off

Started by Doogie, December 09, 2009, 07:14:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doogie

I'm sure some of you at one stage or another have accidently pressed ESC, and at a critical time too. So how about if you press ESC again, the shutdown is cancelled?

Hambone

That'd be nice. I've done that before XD.

EpicPhailure

I think the same idea was suggested in the Hangout, but it may have been here. I just can't find the topic. Anyway, Chaos posted in it while people were debating how you could cancel, it, saying the exact same 'press esc' again idea.

But yeah, would be cool.

yottabyte

I partly quit SO. I only come online for updates and events. Have a good day. :)

11clock

I have a better idea.

How about if you press Esc, it will ask you if you want to quit?

DivineLegend

Quote from: 11clock on December 09, 2009, 04:26:10 PM
I have a better idea.

this would be a more logical way to do it.

ARTgames

Things like this have been suggested for years now. And i still think it would be nice if it asked you.

yottabyte

I was thinking of it like this...

Press escape, show window

Are you sure you want to quit?
[YES] [NO]

And hotkeys like if you press enter = yes, esc = no.

I partly quit SO. I only come online for updates and events. Have a good day. :)

ARTgames

I would not expect in any other way.

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: 11clock on December 09, 2009, 04:26:10 PM
I have a better idea.

This would be the only practical reason, because the reason there is some delay after you press Esc is that the game is saving your profile data back to the server. It would kind of be like hard-shutting-down your computer while saving a Microsoft word file, and than going, oh shit, I want to cancel my shutdown. Just not really a practical a solution. Now after you press Esc if a screen comes up asking if you are sure about wanting to quit, that would be better.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

ARTgames

Not from what i remember. The reason i remember of why we have that was that meiun did not want people to log off quickly while they were pvping or getting pvped. Like if your losing he did not want them just to leave suddenly.(i think they had or have something like that in runescape. idk) but i could be wrong.

But non of that even matter because i agree a simple box/screen asking you is want i want.

yottabyte

Quote from: ARTgames on December 09, 2009, 08:53:59 PM
Not from what i remember. The reason i remember of why we have that was that meiun did not want people to log off quickly while they were pvping or getting pvped. Like if your losing he did not want them just to leave suddenly.(i think they had or have something like that in runescape. idk) but i could be wrong.

But non of that even matter because i agree a simple box/screen asking you is want i want.
Yeah, I think that's the reason too. This is not the 80's. Sending that data takes less then a second.
Basically do it like this. press esc, show question, press yes or enter key, set the alarm, exit.

Doogie

Well I only suggested tapping ESC again because thats MUUCH easier to implement then a box if Meiun wanted to add a quickfix to SOv2.

Turkey

I would not mind it either way for SO2. Since i mostly have hotkeyz up, if i press esc on accident (Which i do often BECAUSE of the hotkeyz requiring you to press F1 to turn them off.) then it just closes the hotkeyz instead of SO. But hoping that there is going to be in-game Hot-keys in SO3, then that should (and i would guess, will) come with a quit game box with Yes/No.

Jackabomb

Honestly, the box wouldn't be hard at all either.