News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Caps lock

Started by ARTgames, July 02, 2009, 06:31:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

would you buy a keyboard without a caps lock button?

Yes
No

ARTgames

Other than layers, people in the medical field, trolls, some programmers and script writers who uses caps lock?

the main point of this topic is would you buy a keyboard without a caps lock button? i would.

EpicPhailure

Nah, then I'd have to get use to the new placing of keys. Unless you were to put one of those empty and immovable keys that you commonly find on Mac keyboards, then no.

crozier

No, cause I love SCREAMIN AT PEOPLE!

Lingus

I guess if I only used it to chat on the internet or write normal letters or papers where correct casing is always used, then it wouldn't really matter. There are very rare cases where I even use caps anyways. But often enough that it's a usefull tool.

There's actually quite a few keys on the keyboard that I rarely if ever use. Anyone use Pause/Break, or Scroll Lock?

ARTgames

Yeah i dont even know what scroll lock does. also i only used pause break in qbasic. your right it is useless but i kinda want to keep it because its easily mappable unlike caps lock.

edit:
i red what those buttons were for and it was mostly for old terminal type application.

Lingus

Yea, they're pretty useless now.

T-Rok

Quote from: Lingus on July 02, 2009, 06:45:51 PM
I guess if I only used it to chat on the internet or write normal letters or papers where correct casing is always used, then it wouldn't really matter. There are very rare cases where I even use caps anyways. But often enough that it's a usefull tool.

There's actually quite a few keys on the keyboard that I rarely if ever use. Anyone use Pause/Break, or Scroll Lock?

Actually yes I do use Pause/Break. Its very handy when your programming and you send the program into an infinite loop by accident. lol

ARTgames

Quote from: T-Rok on July 02, 2009, 07:42:44 PM
Quote from: Lingus on July 02, 2009, 06:45:51 PM

Actually yes I do use Pause/Break. Its very handy when your programming and you send the program into an infinite loop by accident. lol

what are you programing on and what with. i have not came a cross anything that does that in today's age. which we kinda dont need snits we all have threads and its much hard to crash a os than it was.

Lingus

See, I don't run into that problem because I never program an infinite loop that I can't break using the programs interface. I will program a button or something that will break out of the loop. If it has a GUI, there will be a cancel button or simply pressing the X on the window willl close out of the program.