News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

short stop jump

Started by ARTgames, July 02, 2009, 08:28:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARTgames

When you duck jump you keep going until you hit something or gravity gets to you.

What im proposeing is when you duck jump into the air, while going up (not down) you can press "A" once more and it will stop you like you hit a wall. this will make moving a lot faster and precise for higher agi people and can add a new element to pvp so its less predicable ware some one will land in a jump.

(its also annoying for me when i haft to jump a mile in the air to land on a platform/jump over a hole that's just a little over the normal jump.)

Quotehere's a example:
When you jump up for platforms (wall, temple, tree branch, bridge, ect) and you want to land on it faster (aka to sit down or to land so you can hit some one in pvp) instead of waiting for gravity to take you down you could do it your self to get that last second in that could count.

Or lets say your jumping up to a platform with pvp on and there some one there with a is that will hit you as soon as you peak your head into his hit rang. with this you will be able to stop yourself from that happening.

And for one last quick idea you could use it for dodging enemies. how? when you fighting a ds you can duck jump over its attack. once its done attacking you can stop yourself in the air and land faster and get more hits in.

Hope you get the idea.

Lingus

True. But doesn't the whole press down to fall do the same thing? I guess it's slightly different, but the same effect. It shortens the duck jump at a precise moment.

EpicPhailure

Better yet, if you want to stop, you can just press the opposite movement key to stop/reverse direction. Much better control option in my opinion.

Edit: Oh wait, it already works like that, doesn't it?

Looperpuck

Ahh, I get what you're saying. I had to read it twice to understand. :P I agree, it would be a big help for the high agi people, because then they wont aim for something then land completely off they could just stop. And it would make it tricky in pvp. This seems very useful.  ;D

~Looperpuck
Resurrected

ARTgames

Quote from: Epicphail on July 02, 2009, 08:36:06 PM
Better yet, if you want to stop, you can just press the opposite movement key to stop/reverse direction. Much better control option in my opinion.

Edit: Oh wait, it already works like that, doesn't it?

i don't think you understand. I'm not talking about moving forward or backwards but jumping up.

QuoteTrue. But doesn't the whole press down to fall do the same thing?
one effect going down and one effects going up. but they still do different things.

EpicPhailure

So you're saying we can jump up, and then suddenly stop gaining height and drop down? How does that make traveling faster?

ARTgames

Quote from: Epicphail on July 02, 2009, 09:04:30 PM
So you're saying we can jump up, and then suddenly stop gaining height and drop down? How does that make traveling faster?

easy, the effect is probably less on lower agi people but you can use it in pvp. it really does not make you move faster but it helps you get to ware you want to go faster.

here's a example:
When you jump up for platforms (wall, temple, tree branch, bridge, ect) and you want to land on it faster (aka to sit down or to land so you can hit some one in pvp) instead of waiting for gravity to take you down you could do it your self to get that last second in that could count.

Or lets say your jumping up to a platform with pvp on and there some one there with a is that will hit you as soon as you peak your head into his hit rang. with this you will be able to stop yourself from that happening.

And for one last quick idea you could use it for dodging enemies. how? when you fighting a ds you can duck jump over its attack. once its done attacking you can stop yourself in the air and land faster and get more hits in.

Hope you get the idea.

CherryPie

Lingus

Quote from: ARTgames on July 02, 2009, 08:45:27 PM
one effect going down and one effects going up. but they still do different things.
You missed the rest of my quote. I said the same thing. I still think it should be one way or the other. Having both methods of shortening a jump would just make the game mechanics overly and unecessarily complicated. Either you press down in the air before the apex of your jump and you start falling or you press down in the air at any time and you fall quickly to the ground.

ARTgames

Quote from: Lingus on July 06, 2009, 06:45:31 PM
You missed the rest of my quote. I said the same thing. I still think it should be one way or the other. Having both methods of shortening a jump would just make the game mechanics overly and unecessarily complicated. Either you press down in the air before the apex of your jump and you start falling or you press down in the air at any time and you fall quickly to the ground.

Nah i dont think so. its not that hard. you press one button to stop going up. and if you press down you fall faster. that seems easy to me. like cartoon physics. :)

T-Rok

Quote from: Lingus on July 06, 2009, 06:45:31 PM

I think falling quickly would be better. For the fact that if you just immediately stop mid air, the game loses the "feeling" of gravity because its not slowly making you slow down and start to fall