News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Group of kids throw a dog off a 50 foot bridge...

Started by Delicious, December 14, 2009, 11:06:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkBlade325

Quote from: DarkTrinity on December 15, 2009, 01:49:51 PM
Quote from: DarkBlade325 on December 15, 2009, 12:54:11 PM
Quote from: Torch on December 15, 2009, 08:22:43 AM
Quote from: Jake on December 15, 2009, 01:44:34 AM
Quote from: Delicious on December 15, 2009, 01:11:13 AM
Getting the news about the young man being caught, we can also discuss what he deserves as a punishment for this hurrendous act.
If only they threw him off that same bridge as punishment. See if he survives...
By that logic, people who eat meat should be eaten. Are you a vegetarian?

Yeah torch, that's kinda..Stupid.

The thing is, the dog was alive, not dead. Cooked meat doesn't have feelings, a living breathing thing does.

I think torch is more referring to the process of killing the animals for their meat.. not eating it... Either way, it's still a poor comparison... These people chucked a dog off a bridge, basically for revenge. Whereas killing animals for meat is a use for their bodies, just like when people use their fur for warmth.
I agree with my brother, that this guy should be neutered. That way he can't create any moronic spawn...
It makes me sick that these people would even consider throwing their dog off a bridge to be an option... Just thinking of how much I love my own dog makes me realize these people never cared for this dog in the first place. If they dont want the damn dog, give it to a shelter or something...

People like this make me shake my head in pity at the world. If you don't like dogs or any animals for that matter, fine.. To each their own. But treating them poorly or abusing them isn't the right way to handle it, no matter what. I don't care about your views on animal rights or not. They can feel pain just like any other human. I think the only reason an animal should be killed for is for the use of their meat/fur/whatever. If you're gonna kill an animal, because you think it's entertaining, or if it's your sick twisted version of fun, then you have no more reason to live than any other being on this planet and the world will do infinately better without you in it.

Hell, I personally have a problem with people killing animals for their fur. You don't NEED it to survive. I do however agree than if a animal is killed by a human's hand, it should be for a good reason. Maybe it had rabies, maybe it attacked someone, maybe it was killed for food. But a dog sure as hell shouldn't be dropped off a bridge for no reason other than revenge because they couldn't keep the dog away from their chickens.

Lingus

Technically we don't need meat to survive either. We are advanced enough that we can synthesize the protiens and nutrients that meat provides without using animals. Pretty soon we'll be eating vat meat. Yep, they can actually make small amounts of meat grown in a petri dish. Mmmmmm! It'll probably be cleaner and better tasting than the real thing. They would be using the best of the best cows to grow the meat from.

Anyways, just wanted to throw that out there.

Chaos

@Lingus:  The moment they have it available, I'll gladly eat it.

@Torch:  Hardly the same thing.  They were being douchebags solely for the purpose of being douchebags.  Something you're no doubt familiar with.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Lingus

Quote from: Chaos on December 15, 2009, 02:25:13 PM
I look forward to the day I can eat a guilt free steak or hamburger. It has been a very very long time...

Scotty

Mr Pwnage

First off...I think this is absolutely disgusting.
And as you all were talking about earlier...you realize when they kill animals for meat/fur they don't drop them off 50 foot bridges...they quickly execute them so that they are not in pain. Also I don't think a dogs natural instinct to kill chickens should qualify to it's death...

It sickens me that this guy if all goes through, only faces up to a year in prison...I think animal cruelty sentences, at least in the circumstance, should be more punishing.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

yottabyte

I feel like throwing up after watching this.  :'( I'm happy the dog survived tho.

I partly quit SO. I only come online for updates and events. Have a good day. :)

Trogdor

Quote from: Lingus on December 15, 2009, 02:33:37 PM
Quote from: Chaos on December 15, 2009, 02:25:13 PM
I look forward to the day I can eat a guilt free steak or hamburger. It has been a very very long time...

It's been so long since I've eaten any animal flesh or product from an animal I've lost all desire for them. I can't say I'll eat man-made meat either. It sounds a bit distasteful. :P

Quote from: DarkBlade325 on December 15, 2009, 02:06:17 PM
You don't NEED it to survive.

I agree with DarkBlade here. I'm fairly certain the animal needs its fur/meat more than you.

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on December 15, 2009, 02:47:12 PM
...they quickly execute them so that they are not in pain.

You're deadly wrong there. Hanging a cow upside down by it's back legs from the ceiling and having its throat slit, thrashing and screaming the whole time while it's lifeblood drains from it, is not in any way a quick execution. How about scalding chickens alive to remove their feathers? Many survive that process before their heads are severed, and even then they retain consciousness for a short while. Ever hear the expression "running around like a chicken with its head cut off"?

Of course, this all happens at the time of death. Their whole lives are filled with pain and misery. But that's another story entirely.
If you give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
If you light a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Scotty

Quote from: Trogdor on December 15, 2009, 03:03:09 PM
Quote from: Mr Pwnage on December 15, 2009, 02:47:12 PM
...they quickly execute them so that they are not in pain.

You're deadly wrong there. Hanging a cow upside down by it's back legs from the ceiling and having its throat slit, thrashing and screaming the whole time while it's lifeblood drains from it, is not in any way a quick execution. How about scalding chickens alive to remove their feathers? Many survive that process before their heads are severed, and even then they retain consciousness for a short while. Ever hear the expression "running around like a chicken with its head cut off"?

Of course, this all happens at the time of death. Their whole lives are filled with pain and misery. But that's another story entirely.

Do you really think that every butcher does this?  I GUARANTEE that, at least in the United States, should this occur to a commercial butcher who sells his products to stores (where the majority of us acquire our meat), and gets caught or has his unethical methods of butchering go public, his business will be shut down in no time at all, or at least his products will not sell and he will run out of business very quickly.

Does that mean that every butcher is ethical?  I'm not that naive, but the chance of me consuming meat from a cow who was lifted by his hind-legs and had his throat slit is rare (although I prefer medium-rare myself).

With reference to your reference of the phrase:  "running around like a chicken with its head cut off".  You do realize how that term came about, and more importantly, when it originated?  It was a term that originated back in the late 19th century.  Do you think farmers even had the term euthanasia back when they didn't even own cars and medical treatment consisted of a doctor with a hack saw standing over the soon-to-be-amputee saying "Here, bite down on this cow-bone I found in ol' gran-pappy yokum's pig pen, this here's gonna tickle quite some bit!"  The term has since been used to reference a hyper-active child (all to commonly mis-diagnosed with ADD) with no sense of direction.  Forget not the fact that if your head is severed from the body, that you immediately lose your sense of touch, with the separation of your spinal column that contains the most important parts of your nervous system.  You're not likely to feel much at all upon having that happen, and I guarantee you won't live long at all.

With that said, I'm off to go get some bacon and sausage for tonight, think I'm gonna cook up a Bacon Explosion.  Google it and tell me you don't want a bite!

Lingus

Quote from: Scotty on December 15, 2009, 02:45:09 PM
Is that the reason you don't eat beef or pork?
It's a long story... Not all that interesting. I do eat meat currently just not beef or pork, but was fully vegetarian at one point for a few years.

ARTgames

Quote from: Delicious on December 15, 2009, 01:11:13 AM
I wanted to share this video and gather others thoughts on the matter. I want us to discuss how you feel about animal cruelty.
Well if that's what you want to know then I'm sure you can tell what i think about animal cruelty.

Quote from: Delicious on December 15, 2009, 01:11:13 AMNever asked you in specific to watch the video neither.
I know you never ask me in specific and i probably would not have even if you did. I just want to know who would want to event watch that video and for what reasons?

Quote from: Delicious on December 15, 2009, 01:11:13 AMHaving knowledge of this insadent does not mean we would go throw animals off bridges...
When did i say that? I never said that watching this video will make you trow animals off bridges. NEVER. I just said it will spreads the idea around. But i will say that i was overreacting with that last line in that post many because it was from just the idea of some one who would do it.

NotoriousM4^

Just being honest, things like this don't really phase me. Neither does animal testing. Yeah, dogs and other animals get treated crudely all the time, but I'm not going to lose sleep over it. Then again, these sorta stone-cold antics I have run through my blood. I've witnessed some gruesome things throughout my time.

Jackabomb

I'm sorry to spoil your little bridge-throwing party, but this guy shouldn't be thrown off a bridge. Nor should he be exposed to the fear of it, or sentenced to die, or anything like that. You see, "an eye for an eye" system of justice doesn't extend to animals. Animals and humans are completely different beings.

As for eating meat or using fur for clothing, I think I need the meat far more than the animal will. First, the animal(say a cow) is going to do what? Is it going to make the world a better place? Is it going to make a positive difference in the life of a sentient being? Is it even going to have a chance to do so? My answers would be No/Probably not(a dog, maybe, but a cow?)/Chances are, only by being food.

Even if all butchers did do that, trogdor, if it was the only or best option, I wouldn't say there's anything wrong with that. Basically I would say an equation of worth goes like this. Human=Human. Animal<Human. Animal suffering<Human suffering. Animal suffering<human. Animal suffering>human laziness. Human laziness<Human.

Chaos

Quote from: Jackabomb on December 15, 2009, 06:54:45 PM
I'm sorry to spoil your little bridge-throwing party, but this guy shouldn't be thrown off a bridge. Nor should he be exposed to the fear of it, or sentenced to die, or anything like that. You see, "an eye for an eye" system of justice doesn't extend to animals. Animals and humans are completely different beings.

As for eating meat or using fur for clothing, I think I need the meat far more than the animal will. First, the animal(say a cow) is going to do what? Is it going to make the world a better place? Is it going to make a positive difference in the life of a sentient being? Is it even going to have a chance to do so? My answers would be No/Probably not(a dog, maybe, but a cow?)/Chances are, only by being food.

Even if all butchers did do that, trogdor, if it was the only or best option, I wouldn't say there's anything wrong with that. Basically I would say an equation of worth goes like this. Human=Human. Animal<Human. Animal suffering<Human suffering. Animal suffering<human. Animal suffering>human laziness. Human laziness<Human.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I don't even know where to BEGIN with your post.  What to pick apart and destroy first...choices choices...

EDIT:  Eh, I was going to leave it at that since it pretty much already spoke for itself, but I'm bored.

QuoteAnimals and humans are completely different beings.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but humans are classified as animals.  STRIKE ONE!

QuoteAs for eating meat or using fur for clothing, I think I need the meat far more than the animal will.

Yes, clearly your need to eat meat is far more important then the animal's need to LIVE.  STRIKE TWO!

QuoteFirst, the animal(say a cow) is going to do what?

Live, for example.

QuoteIs it going to make the world a better place?

It's not going to make the world a worse place.  That already brings it above a human being.

QuoteIs it going to make a positive difference in the life of a sentient being?

Ironic you state this, as animals are SENTIENT BEINGS.  I love the positive difference you're making in the life of a sentient being AS YOU KILL IT.

QuoteIs it even going to have a chance to do so?

Not after it was kept caged all its life only to be killed for your food and fur coats, no, I don't think it had much of a chance to begin with.

STRIKE THREE!  YOU'RE OUT!

QuoteBasically I would say an equation of worth goes like this. Human=Human. Animal<Human. Animal suffering<Human suffering. Animal suffering<human. Animal suffering>human laziness. Human laziness<Human.

Might want to check your math, bucko.

Let me clarify something for you, in case you haven't noticed.  You're a sack of meat and bones, just like every other creature.  You're not special.  You can think well (and for a lot of humans, that's debatable)?  Guess what.  !@#$ing birds can fly.  Can you do that?  Cheetahs can run about 60 MPH.  Can you do that?  A gorilla could bench-press your ass.  Can you do that?  Fish can breathe under water.  Can you do that?

Get off your !@#$ing pedestal.

And for the record, I eat meat.  I like meat.  It's called the food chain.  But I don't go getting all high-and-mighty over it.  If a lion tried to eat my ass, I wouldn't complain about it afterward if I survived, cause that's how nature works.  Granted, I would also try to prevent it from happening, because I like to SURVIVE.  That's ALSO how nature works.  For OTHER animals, as well.  And like Lingus was saying, once the choice is available, the choice between eating meat with or without killing other SENTIENT LIVING BEINGS, the obvious one is to pick the one that brings about the least suffering.

The fact that human beings are one of the only species that decides to act like a cruel asshole for no good reason, I think that pretty much already refutes your sense of superiority.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Cactuscat222

Okay. Let us be practical here: Why do the majority of farmers treat their livestock as they do? Because they want to get the most output for the least input; ie, they want to do as little work as possible and get the most meat as they can.

That being said - do you really think it is easier to hang a living cow that is thrashing to survive then cut its neck while it is still living, or one that you killed instantly by spiking its brain/heart? I think I can almost guarantee most farmers would kill the livestock first beforehand, it would be so much easier. I know there are those that don't, but from a economical viewpoint, they are gonna do whatever makes it easier.

I've struggled with the issue of animal cruelty for a long time. I absolutely despise those who kill for the sake of killing. Bugs, animals, whatever it is. If it isn't bothering you, if it hasn't done anything, then you shouldn't go for it. That being said, if you are going to kill it, kill it fast. There is absolutely no reason to torture an animal. I just hate how people try to prove superiority by going for defenseless animals; we already know you are tougher, no need to try and prove it.

However, I am not at all opposed to hunting. I am sickened by the modern day farms we have, and the cruel lives the animals have to live for, and I can only do so much... but, in honesty, I think being a vegan/vegetarian for the sake of the animals is ridiculous. You shouldn't have any ethical qualms about eating to survive. It is and has been in your blood for your entire life, and much of before it. Our body needs those nutrients they have to offer, that only a few plants can mimic. I can assure you as well, an animal wouldn't hesitate to devour you if its own survival was at stake.

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here