News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Post cute dog pics here :D

Started by yottabyte, December 20, 2009, 06:02:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stick d00d

Quote from: Scotty on December 23, 2009, 03:39:06 PM
Cute dog, although i doubt it is a pure-bread golden.  Any chance it has any lab in it?  I just notice the more lab-appearing face, and shorter hair.  Not very characteristic of a pure-bread goldy.  Love those dogs!!  I could never own one though.  I have an awful perception of how prone goldies are to health issues.  Ones that I would feel guilty have to watch fester inside the dog.  It's one of those situations where you know that there is a lot of possibility that you'll lose a family member to health problems, and it's easier to just avoid it altogether.
She is a pure-bread, Golden retrievers vary a lot in characteristics some have much shorter/longer fur, lighter/darker etc. We have papers to prove she is pure bread as well. Also her fur is a bit longer now, she was just a puppy here. Actually, when we first got her i wondered why her fur was so short as well, but I've seen a lot of em around now and some almost have the same length fur as her, while others have much longer fur.

Scotty

Ah, Ok, was hard to determine age.  I guess I've forgotten that hair takes time to grow heh!  Yeah, I dare say goldies are probably in my top 2 of (what I perceive to be) the most beautiful of dogs.  I prefer mine to have a darker "red-ish" coat than what AKC show standards prefer, but it definitely gives them an elegant beauty.  I would kill to land a goldie that is guaranteed to not have health issues, as impossible a request it might be!

stick d00d

Quote from: Scotty on December 23, 2009, 04:44:44 PM
Ah, Ok, was hard to determine age.  I guess I've forgotten that hair takes time to grow heh!  Yeah, I dare say goldies are probably in my top 2 of (what I perceive to be) the most beautiful of dogs.  I prefer mine to have a darker "red-ish" coat than what AKC show standards prefer, but it definitely gives them an elegant beauty.  I would kill to land a goldie that is guaranteed to not have health issues, as impossible a request it might be!
meh, any dog is prone to health issues, I know a few people who have had their goldens for about 10 years+. And I agree i like the red-ish goldens also, like mine :P. We got ours from a pet store for like $700, but she was well worth it :)

Lingus

Should change the topic title to "Post pics of your cute dogs"

I have cats btw... I don't have any pics of them online though atm.

yottabyte

Quote from: Lingus on December 23, 2009, 05:15:28 PM
Should change the topic title to "Post pics of your cute dogs"

I have cats btw... I don't have any pics of them online though atm.
Lol yesh, since that is where this topic is going :P

Edit: said and done  :)

I might as well throw some pictures of my dog here... oh wait, I can't access my NAS atm for some reason.  :-\

I partly quit SO. I only come online for updates and events. Have a good day. :)

Pat

I have a staffy and a few years ago me and my dad decided to make this little suit out of toddler overals and an old shirt. We used foam to make some arms, threw some gloves on it and now he can wear it and look like a little person, its funny (he looks like a gorilla).
Facepunch consumes your soul and assimilates you into their crazy community.

Scotty

Quote from: stick d00d on December 23, 2009, 04:49:21 PM
    Ah, Ok, was hard to determine age.  I guess I've forgotten that hair takes time to grow heh!  Yeah, I dare say goldies are probably in my top 2 of (what I perceive to be) the most beautiful of dogs.  I prefer mine to have a darker "red-ish" coat than what AKC show standards prefer, but it definitely gives them an elegant beauty.  I would kill to land a goldie that is guaranteed to not have health issues, as impossible a request it might be!
    meh, any dog is prone to health issues, I know a few people who have had their goldens for about 10 years+. And I agree i like the red-ish goldens also, like mine :P. We got ours from a pet store for like $700, but she was well worth it :)
    Just as any human is prone to health issues.  I'm covering the more common problems that they are prone to have:

• 61.8% of ALL goldies died to cancer according to a study in 1998
    • Hip and elbow dysplasia
    • Eye diseases, including cataracts,  progressive retinal atrophy, glaucoma, distichiasis, entropion, corneal dystrophy and retinal dysplasia
    • Heart , especially subvalvular aortic stenosis and cardiomyopathy.
    • Joint diseases, including patella luxation, osteochondritis, panosteitis, and cruciate ligament rupture.
    • Skin diseases, with allergies (often leading to acute moist dermatitis or "hot spots"), particularly flea allergies, being most common. Others include seborrhea, sebaceous adenitis, and lick granuloma.
    • Haemophilia
    • Lyme Disease is unseen until the late stages of kidney failure also in a Golden Retriever.

That is a HUGE list of known problems with Goldies.  With those kinds of odds (especially the extremely high cancer rate), I won't even bother risking it, unfortunately.  It's sad, because I'd own nothing but Goldies if it weren't for all those problems.[/list]

stick d00d

Quote from: Scotty on December 23, 2009, 06:46:00 PM
      Ah, Ok, was hard to determine age.  I guess I've forgotten that hair takes time to grow heh!  Yeah, I dare say goldies are probably in my top 2 of (what I perceive to be) the most beautiful of dogs.  I prefer mine to have a darker "red-ish" coat than what AKC show standards prefer, but it definitely gives them an elegant beauty.  I would kill to land a goldie that is guaranteed to not have health issues, as impossible a request it might be!
      Just as any human is prone to health issues.  I'm covering the more common problems that they are prone to have:

• Eye diseases, including cataracts,  progressive retinal atrophy, glaucoma, distichiasis, entropion, corneal dystrophy and retinal dysplasia
      • Joint diseases, including patella luxation, osteochondritis, panosteitis, and cruciate ligament rupture.
      • Skin diseases, with allergies (often leading to acute moist dermatitis or "hot spots"), particularly flea allergies, being most common. Others include seborrhea, sebaceous adenitis, and lick granuloma.
      • Haemophilia
      • Lyme Disease is unseen until the late stages of kidney failure also in a Golden Retriever.

That is a HUGE list of known problems with Goldies.  With those kinds of odds (especially the extremely high cancer rate), I won't even bother risking it, unfortunately.  It's sad, because I'd own nothing but Goldies if it weren't for all those problems.[/list]
      Uh that sucks, thanks for all the great news lol. :P Only thing I knew about was that many Goldens die from cancer..

Scotty

Quote from: stick d00d on December 24, 2009, 01:15:08 AM
      Quote from: Scotty on December 23, 2009, 06:46:00 PM

• Haemophilia

Uh that sucks, thanks for all the great news lol. :P Only thing I knew about was that many Goldens die from cancer..

I bring joy to the holiday season!  That is the reason I never buy dogs from pet stores.  There is no way to determine the dog's heredity history.  For all you know, the dog could have come from a puppy-mill, as unfortunate as it might be.  All you're going off of is the company's word that they didn't, which isn't necessarily honest.  I will always get my dogs from two different sources, either I will go to the local ASPCA and adopt from there.  That guarantees that they have received all the necessary medical attention, and if there is a problem, you are well aware of it when you make purchase (all animal recovery centers are guaranteed to be 100% honest), plus dogs come dirt cheap there.  It's a win-win for your pocket and the dog!  That, or I will find a certified breeder, and go visit them on-site and peg the breeder with all the questions about the history of the dogs, and ask for records of medical history.  I would NEVER recommend to anyone that they should get a dog from a pet store, it is FAR to risky.  You have to take what you get at face value.

Red October

This was taken about 2 years ago, of my pure breed border collie.

Delicious

Border Collies are the most beautiful dogs in my opinion. Nice.  ;)
        <3

Scotty

Quote from: Red October on December 24, 2009, 05:59:50 AM
        This was taken about 2 years ago, of my pure breed border collie.

I'd definitely put them up there as both one of the most beautiful, but more so, the most playful of the larger dogs.  One of my best friends has two of them, and they are extremely playful and fun to have around.  You definitely get the feeling that no matter what happens, they will always love you, their owner.  Great dogs!

Ceroblitz

Look, it is my Husky!! (called Dusty)  :)

God-I-Suck

Why does your dog have different colored eyes? Hax

Ceroblitz

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siberian_Husky

Huskies have this thing called heterochromia, which is common among Siberian Huskies.