News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Chat system idea.. And when a boss spawns idea

Started by wrinkles, January 02, 2010, 11:44:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrinkles

Dont u hate when ur not fast enough and u see a rabbit spawn.. but no one is on the other side to block it..
Or ur fighting Sand Fiends and a SG spawns.. But u dont know where every one else is..

It would be awesome if there were 2 different types of chat systems..
1. The chat system SO2 has now
2. One were everyone can see what u have typed, no matter where u are..

Now just thinking it.. have icons on the right side of the screen (white bunny, black bunny, BBB, DS, SG and BA) when one of these spawn the icon lights up.. :o

- sorry if these 2 have been suggested.. but i havnt seen them anywhere

Mr Pwnage

Global chat will most likely stay only privileged to moderators, as it should.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

ZaC

Quote from: wrinkles on January 02, 2010, 11:44:37 AM
2. One were everyone can see what u have typed, no matter where u are..

This tool was made for mods only, sort of a special thing for them xD But yeah it would be sweet :P
Zac's Web Development, if your interested PM me - cheap prices !!

Aqua

Nope. Neither will Whispers be implemented: Meiun wants people to have to be in the same to chat together, and as far as I know, that will never change.
~Aqua

yottabyte

Megaphones would be better IMO. You buy them in the shops (kinda expensive) than you get to do a global shoutout.  :P

I partly quit SO. I only come online for updates and events. Have a good day. :)

Jackabomb

Nah. Buyable modpowers? I suggested it once as a joke. I think meiun should stay the course with modpowers. He gives them to those who deserve them. Just because you have no life and spend 72 hours straight on the computer to accumulate massive amounts of gold doesn't mean you're mature.

Chaos

I am neither going to agree or disagree with posts made here.  I just wanted to point out that in many MMOs, there IS some form of wider spread chat.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Aqua

Quote from: Jackabomb on January 02, 2010, 04:46:25 PM
Just because you have no life and spend 72 hours straight on the computer to accumulate massive amounts of gold doesn't mean you're mature.
HEY! I only did that once! (Joking)
I forgot to mention that I do not disagree with this. I wish you could whisper to a Spawn point, and people near there could hear you... That way you wouldn't be completely spamming it.
~Aqua

CherryPie

I don't like neither of your ideas. The only thing i can think off is an automatic global announcements for SG, because it wouldn't annoy anyone due to the rareness of spawns.
Something like: "The honored Lord of the Sand Fiends has been awoken!".

Everyone would be like ZOMFG WTF BBQZ0RZ! :D

Lingus

Quote from: Chaos on January 02, 2010, 04:50:19 PM
I am neither going to agree or disagree with posts made here.  I just wanted to point out that in many MMOs, there IS some form of wider spread chat.
Agreed. I believe whisper and shout as well as possibly a trade channel (when trade is implemented) should be added to the game. The difference between shout and global mod shout is that shout should be possible to turn off. In other words, you can choose to only view local chat, but if a mod sends a global message, you will see it regardless of your options. At the same time, a "squelch" should be added in case any given person is abusing either the shout or whisper functions. This should be on a player by player basis as well as mod global. So a mod can squelch a player from using shout or local chat for a period of time if they deem it necessary. Or, an individual player can squelch another player and they will no longer view any chat regardless of what channel it is on.

This is a pretty standard setup for most MMOs. If done correctly, there shouldn't be any issues with allowing players to shout or whisper.