News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Stick World

Started by xCoCex, January 08, 2010, 10:37:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkTrinity

I myself don't really think the stick is a big deal.. i Personally think you should think of a more creative name for it though, otherwise it'll just get lost in the pile of other stick games imo.

xCoCex

so, I asked Meiun now. It's ok with him, if the game would look like a Fan-Game and
when I use some ideas of SO.

Quoteyou should think of a more creative name for it
hmm thats true... any ideas? :D

-some changes-
Wizard Hat - made by Looperpuck

Beanie Bag Hat - made by thekolla

Marine Beetle Hat

1st screen:

atm there r too many bugs for a demo-version.

~Coce

BA hunting started 6.10.10 - ...
BAs killed: 48
Gold: 39
Spire Dagger: 0
Bandit Cover: 0
Bandit Mask: 6
Dagger: 3

yottabyte

Me like those images  :)

I partly quit SO. I only come online for updates and events. Have a good day. :)

xCoCex

I had an idea...
On some places ingame are Lottos.
There are 3types of Lottos:
-Bronze (Beginner stuff)
-Silver (Medium stuff)
-Gold (Rare stuff)

You have to click on them to open it.

Maybe after a boss u receive as gift
1 Gold 2 Silver and 3 Bronze Lotos..

Just an Idea I get, when I was bored in school :D
BA hunting started 6.10.10 - ...
BAs killed: 48
Gold: 39
Spire Dagger: 0
Bandit Cover: 0
Bandit Mask: 6
Dagger: 3

Lingus

Regardless of what people say, I still can't look at those and think they aren't suggestions for SO hats and/or monsters...

Cactuscat222

Quote from: Lingus on January 10, 2010, 07:19:20 PM
Regardless of what people say, I still can't look at those and think they aren't suggestions for SO hats and/or monsters...

...and? That's a bad thing? Haha.

Either way, its looks okay... I don't think you are going for super fancy, so the art is fine in that respect. But what other concepts do you have that would make this more fun for single player?

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

Mr Pwnage

And regardless what people say, this is another attempt to copy SO...have had plenty in the past. "Oh...we'll mod the stick figure, make our own hats and weapons, etc." Thing is, your game is the exact same concept SO is. You didn't even change the equipment system. The whole hat/weapons system Meiun invented for SO, no other game I've seen has only used HATS and WEAPONS. Most games have armor/etc. Maybe try to make some aspects unique so it's not the exact same game with worse graphics?
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Cactuscat222

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on January 10, 2010, 10:15:36 PM
And regardless what people say, this is another attempt to copy SO...have had plenty in the past. "Oh...we'll mod the stick figure, make our own hats and weapons, etc." Thing is, your game is the exact same concept SO is. You didn't even change the equipment system. The whole hat/weapons system Meiun invented for SO, no other game I've seen has only used HATS and WEAPONS. Most games have armor/etc. Maybe try to make some aspects unique so it's not the exact same game with worse graphics?

Its unfair to call the game bad because it 'copied' the hats/weapons system. Like you said, almost every other game out there utilizes the same armors and what not, but you don't see people crying about that when another one of those games pop up. I think it is very fair to utilize the hats/weapons only equipment on stick figures, it works the best.

Now when it comes to game play mechanics, that is an entirely different story... something that this game hasn't tried to change from.

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

Torch

Meiun has a rule in the Video Games section about promoting your own games. Might want to check that out.

Syco

Quote from: Lucifer on January 08, 2010, 02:39:31 PM
Quote from: Lingus on January 08, 2010, 02:37:56 PM
No. I disagree. You can make a stick figure in plenty of different ways. For someone to, at random, design a stick figure and come up with something so similar to the SO stick figure is pretty clear that they used the same image. At least as a starting point, or as a basis.
But in the end does it Really matter? I could understand people getting pissy with copying Stick Online's monsters, weapons, or hats. But a stick figure? What the hell is wrong with using something you like as a basis for what you're doing?

It's a STICK...

5 Lines and a Circle...

LMFAO...God damnit I love your posts, haha...

And as for the game...Haha, why do any of you bother with this anymore!!! I don't think I've ever seen one of this *Replicas* of StickOnline ever completed. And of course there are going to be the people against you xD That's always the hardest thing to deal with...Well, good luck!!! But I think it's safe to say this game is already over ;)

Cactuscat222

Quote from: Torch on January 10, 2010, 11:40:26 PM
Meiun has a rule in the Video Games section about promoting your own games. Might want to check that out.

This topic is in the off topic section. Those rules only apply to the Video Game section, as they so put it.

Lingus

Quote from: Cactuscat222 on January 11, 2010, 02:40:35 AM
Quote from: Torch on January 10, 2010, 11:40:26 PM

This topic is in the off topic section. Those rules only apply to the Video Game section, as they so put it.
That's probably not true. You shouldn't be able to get around the rule by posting the topic in another section. If Meiun doesn't want people promoting their video games on his forum, he would probably post it in the video games section, but it makes sense that it applies to the whole forum.

Scotty

A moderator will no-doubt catch this topic if it becomes popular enough (therefor problematic enough) and make a decision on whether or not it will stay or go.

Bloodseeker

This is so awesome , my computer is a little !@#$ed up at the moment and I haven't donated so I was looking something like stick online that doesn't require a lot of system requirements and it's similar to SO. Now I found it , keep up the good work and finally someone got this going. It would be awesome if someday there will be a port to the PSP.
Thanks to Danimal for choosing my account for reactivation.

JollyRoger

Quote from: Bloodseeker on January 11, 2010, 05:17:38 PM
This is so awesome , my computer is a little !@#$ed up at the moment and I haven't donated so I was looking something like stick online that doesn't require a lot of system requirements and it's similar to SO. Now I found it , keep up the good work and finally someone got this going. It would be awesome if someday there will be a port to the PSP.
I'd be more than happy to, if you're willing to pay the $4256 fee to allow me to develop games for the PSP legally.