News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

A Game of Golf

Started by Hambone, January 21, 2010, 08:43:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hambone

Alrighty, It's pretty straight forward. I wanna play a game of SO golf. How does one accomplish this, you may ask? Well, to start, there are teams of two players. The teams agree on a tee and a hole, a starting and ending point. Personally, I was thinking the mountain could be the tee and that hole just past the clubhouse could be the hole. The first player hits his team mate with any knock back weapon, with the object of getting his team mate in the hole in fewer strokes than the other team. Each hammer swing (even misses) count as a stroke. This is where the skill of the game comes in. The 'ball' player may wear any hat do any jump, and stand still while being hit, but may not run after landing from being hit. If a player is killed by any means, 2 penalty strokes are added to that team's total and they continue from the nearest possible place to the player's death. After the 'ball' player is hit, he becomes the club. He hits his team mate, who is now the ball from wherever he landed. Teams will take turns. The team who manages to hit the ball in the hole with the fewest strokes is the winner.
    So anyways, I'd like to set up an event with these rules. I'll keep it small at first, and as soon as 6 people sign up 3 teams will be randomly suggested and a date announced. The tee and hole for this particular game will be the ones suggested in the explanation. And perhaps a ref or two could sign up to try and prevent players from moving after landing, and keep an official stroke count. Please tell me if anything needs clarified, or if you have any suggestions. I've never actually done this, so there may be some bugs to work out.

Players:
1.Hambone4097
2.11Clock
3.Dog_Ma_I
Refs:
If anyone wants to...

11clock

This will require a lot of patience, but it looks like fun. I'm in.

Hambone

Nobody else is interested?

DivineLegend

all it would take to win, is trogdor and fabi team.... its pretty much who has the most str to vit ratio

stick d00d

Make it so everyone who signs up posts their str/vit/agi then balance the teams that way.

Hambone

Quote from: DivineLegend on January 22, 2010, 03:28:59 PM
all it would take to win, is trogdor and fabi team.... its pretty much who has the most str to vit ratio
But the players keep switching, so Fabi would have to hit trogdor and that wouldn't go over very well, now would it? And Dood, what would you consider balanced teams?

Lingus

Quote from: Hambone on January 22, 2010, 03:46:00 PM
Quote from: DivineLegend on January 22, 2010, 03:28:59 PM
But the players keep switching, so Fabi would have to hit trogdor and that wouldn't go over very well, now would it? And Dood, what would you consider balanced teams?
Yea, you'd have to have two people with high str/agi builds. Or either way so long as both have low vit and int as it would end up balancing out... though if one has extremely high str and the other low vit they might end up dying.