News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Clan Hats

Started by Looperpuck, January 24, 2010, 05:12:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Looperpuck

I'm pretty sure this idea hasn't been said yet, but my idea is to have a clan hat for whatever clan your in. This idea would make clans a little bit more fun, but you cant just get the hat right away, you will have to earn a respective status within the clan to obtain it. I know that before when there where clans, there was kinda already some clan hats, or hats that represented certain clans, such as The shady hat would be for the Shady gang, Black bunny ears or White bunny ears would be for teh Shmexies, Knight helm would be fore the knightz, Not sure what was for elites. But anyway This idea would give some variety to clans. of course it would involve some spriting and whatnot, but I think it would be pretty cool to have a hat just for your clan.

~Looperpuck
Resurrected

Grim_Reaper

I like the idea. But first we kinda need the clans to come back.

Grim_Reaper -> lvl 78
Teh_Ninja    -> lvl 34
FL0P           -> lvl 51

Lingus

I believe this actually was suggested before. The problem being that each clan would have a custom hat. Do you realize how ridiculous that would be? They couldn't let the clan founder create the hat because not everyone has good spriting abilities, and even if they do it might not be the same style. That means they would have to have someone constantly creating custom hats.

The alternative would be to create a bunch of stock hats that clan leaders can choose from and make distinct areas of the hat able to change color depending on the clan leaders choice of clan colors (this would require each hat to be made of multiple layers). And to be honest that's way more work than I think it's worth.

What identifies a clan is the tag that will go under each clan member's name.

Lucifer

Hmm, Lingus what do you think of allowing the clan leader to donate money for his clan hat to be submitted? This submittal would of course have to be pretty good in the first place, and no doubt the actual spriters would edit it a little bit, but it's a simple matter to get someone else to sprite your clan hat. I could just imagine myself hosting a "Who can sprite the best clan hat?" contest in my clan forums. It would have to be a good amount of money, so Meiun wouldn't get overwhelmed with hats to implement, but I guarantee you people would buy it.

Now, some people go batshit when the idea of buying things comes into this game. Well the truth is, Stick Online won't always be able to function on donations alone. Remember a couple years ago? A few of us had to donate over 100$ in order to keep the server alive. I think adding purchasable things for your clan would be the perfect way to keep the server running, and provide better servers in the future. I could even insert my clan hideouts idea into here, making them one of the things you could buy for your clan.

Sainomi

Yep i agree with lucifer  we have to make something in S03 That to buy with money
to keep the server on. Maybe we can make a shop like that or maybe
to a buy item or anything else

wrinkles

This is just a thought but with the actual hat idea.. who would decide what stats the hat would get up? would there be some kind of cap or will this be decided some other way.. i like the idea though :)

Lucifer

Quote from: wrinkles on January 25, 2010, 10:29:31 AM
This is just a thought but with the actual hat idea.. who would decide what stats the hat would get up? would there be some kind of cap or will this be decided some other way.. i like the idea though :)
I imagine there would be no stats for these hats, they would be purely for showing off how god damn sexy your clan is.

Lingus

Quote from: Lucifer on January 24, 2010, 03:20:16 PM
Hmm, Lingus what do you think of allowing the clan leader to donate money for his clan hat to be submitted? This submittal would of course have to be pretty good in the first place, and no doubt the actual spriters would edit it a little bit, but it's a simple matter to get someone else to sprite your clan hat. I could just imagine myself hosting a "Who can sprite the best clan hat?" contest in my clan forums. It would have to be a good amount of money, so Meiun wouldn't get overwhelmed with hats to implement, but I guarantee you people would buy it.

Now, some people go batshit when the idea of buying things comes into this game. Well the truth is, Stick Online won't always be able to function on donations alone. Remember a couple years ago? A few of us had to donate over 100$ in order to keep the server alive. I think adding purchasable things for your clan would be the perfect way to keep the server running, and provide better servers in the future. I could even insert my clan hideouts idea into here, making them one of the things you could buy for your clan.
That would be entirely up to Meiun and whoever he has doing the spriting. It would be hard because once you get into paid service (the editing of the sprite before implementing it would be the service) a certain level of quality of service is expected. In other words, they wouldn't be able to delay implementing these hats in any way. It would take the spriters job from being a hobby, to being a job. And presumably at that point, the spriter would be expecting compensation (unless he's just a really nice guy, but even so they'll have to be expected to do the job). In other words, if I were a paying customer and I paid for my clan to have a hat, I would expect a nice quality hat to be produced in a short period of time. If they were to go, say, two weeks before adding the hat, and it came back at sub-par quality compared to the rest of the sprites in the game I would be upset and want my money back.