News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Hit depth

Started by ARTgames, July 03, 2009, 09:20:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARTgames

I don't really know how the hit depth works in so now but i had an idea that could improved it.

"/hit all" would hit stuff normally how it is now.

when you use "/hit player" when you swing your weapon and a monster and a person is in your hit rang it hits the player first no matter what.

"/hit boss" will do the same as above but instead of the player it will be a boss. (aka sg)

"/hit miniboss" same as player but with miniboses. (aka bbb,bb,ds,rb)

Twinky

I don't like this idea too much...
It kinda takes some of the advantage of the IS away.
Plus, it woulds hard to use...

ARTgames

Quote from: Twinky on July 03, 2009, 09:33:56 PM

would it be better if it work for everything but people?

Twinky

Quote from: ARTgames on July 03, 2009, 09:36:51 PM

I don't know, it sounds like a confusing idea to me overall.

ARTgames

Quote from: Twinky on July 03, 2009, 09:38:59 PM
Quote from: ARTgames on July 03, 2009, 09:36:51 PM

I don't know, it sounds like a confusing idea to me overall.

that's probably my fault.

Ok lets say there a BB and a normal bandit and im BB hunting for that new hat/dagger.

so then i turn on "/hit miniboss".

Then when i swing my weapon and a bandit and a BB is in my hit rang it will hit the BB first.  if i had a is it would hit the BB first and the bandit 2ed.

But if i swing my weapon and there only a bandit there it will hit it normally.

it could also be just a button press and not a "/" command.

EpicPhailure

I feel it's not necessary. Most of the time for me, I hit the target I want. Probably because of the timing or something, but yeah.

Supercowy

I don't like this idea at all. I mean those bosses come together with normal monsters. Now it is the challenge to kill the boss and at the same time defeat the normal monsters. If this idea would be in the game noone would be killing the normal monsters anymore.

ARTgames

Quote from: Supercowy on July 07, 2009, 07:47:13 AM
I don't like this idea at all. I mean those bosses come together with normal monsters. Now it is the challenge to kill the boss and at the same time defeat the normal monsters. If this idea would be in the game noone would be killing the normal monsters anymore.

but you haft to kill normal monsters to spawn bosses. like you haft to kill a lot of blobs to spawn a bbb. and its been like that for all the other bosses. your still trying to kill the boss and at the same time as you defeat the normal monsters its just when you swing your weapon its just not a guess of whether its going to hit the boss or not with this idea. you still haft to dodge all the other monsters and there attacks.

EpicPhailure

You could just drown 'em.

ARTgames

Quote from: Epicphail on July 07, 2009, 10:57:36 AM
You can do thas now without my idea. non the less i dont think that works. iv lewd many monsters to there doom and never have gotten a boss spawn before.

EpicPhailure

Well, Meiun or somebody explained the system a long time ago. I'm not sure if it's still in effect, but it probably still is.

So every 'zone' has its own limit of monsters at one time. If you kill one, then it selects one of the possible monsters (based on percentage I think) in the zone to be spawned in it's place. So take the bandits zone for example. You kill a bandit, then it selects either another bandit, a BM, a white bunny, or a black bunny to be spawned in its place.

ARTgames

Quote from: Epicphail on July 07, 2009, 11:16:24 AM
Well, Meiun or somebody explained the system a long time ago. I'm not sure if it's still in effect, but it probably still is.

So every 'zone' has its own limit of monsters at one time. If you kill one, then it selects one of the possible monsters (based on percentage I think) in the zone to be spawned in it's place. So take the bandits zone for example. You kill a bandit, then it selects either another bandit, a BM, a white bunny, or a black bunny to be spawned in its place.

which still mean you haft to kill the monsters.

EpicPhailure

Yes, but there's no effort whatsoever involved it in. It hardly qualifies as killing, since nobody killed it. It simply ran to its death by itself.

ARTgames

Quote from: Epicphail on July 07, 2009, 11:20:08 AM
Yes, but there's no effort whatsoever involved it in. It hardly qualifies as killing, since nobody killed it. It simply ran to its death by itself.

What? im sorry but i have not idea what your talking about.

Lingus

Quote from: ARTgames on July 07, 2009, 11:01:51 AM
Quote from: Epicphail on July 07, 2009, 10:57:36 AM
You can do thas now without my idea. non the less i dont think that works. iv lewd many monsters to there doom and never have gotten a boss spawn before.
Pretty sure it does. Used to spawn BBBs back in the day like that. We'd just mass drown blobs.