News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Ipad

Started by ARTgames, January 27, 2010, 05:35:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARTgames

http://www.apple.com/ipad/
what do you think?

Chaos

I can definitely see the potential, and this is coming from the person who thinks Apple is shite.  On the other hand, I think it's way too !@#$ing expensive at the moment for me to care enough to get one.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Cactuscat222

It's missing alot of stuff I'd love to see on it, especially at that price (Although its not all that high... High end laptops cost well over $500, though hiking up the price $100 just for 12GB of space is ridiculous...)

It doesn't have a camera and still has no support for Flash. :/

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

Chaos

Quote from: Cactuscat222 on January 27, 2010, 06:23:11 PM

Why would it have a camera? o.O  I don't know, that seems like it'd be kind of weird to have on a tablet PC...
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Master

Haha the funny thing about this is Im on my iPod touch right now looking at the forums haha.

Cactuscat222

Quote from: Chaos on January 27, 2010, 06:26:05 PM

Why would it have a camera? o.O  I don't know, that seems like it'd be kind of weird to have on a tablet PC...

Why *not* have a camera? They have them on laptops/mobile phones... so why not put it on this? It'd be just as useful, if not more, than the camera on your phones.

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

Chaos

Quote from: Cactuscat222 on January 27, 2010, 06:35:26 PM
Quote from: Chaos on January 27, 2010, 06:26:05 PM

Why *not* have a camera? They have them on laptops/mobile phones... so why not put it on this? It'd be just as useful, if not more, than the camera on your phones.

Yeah, but you carry a mobile phone along with you, fulfilling the need to HAVE a camera at particular moments.  This strikes me as a little large to carry around wherever you go.

As for cameras on a laptop, such as a webcam, that's always seemed like a meh-worthy "nice-to-have-but-hardly-necessary" feature.  And trying to position the tablet to make a webcam usable seems...akward?
Jake says:

ARTgames

Yeah i did think it was kind of wired that there is no camera. It would be useful for skyp when using the ipad on its stand. I'm sure that's coming in next years version just to get you buy a new one. :P just like any company would.

I have no idea how this is going to do. I kind of wish it was the full osx. Ill see what other people start saying who have it. If it lives to its secant generation it might be awesome. I just cant really find out its use. I get the the meaning of the iphone and a laptop. But this is kind of between them.

Im not calling this the apple tv, im just not sure yet. Can people list uses you can think of?

Jake

I see the appeal in it, but I am reserving judgment.

Lingus

Seems like an oversized iTouch. Though clearly there's some additions. I think there's some things Apple has been working on with certain things such as text books and magazine subscriptions... etc. That kind of thing. It's almost like it's not the device itself that is what makes this so good. It's all the work Apple put into working with other companies so that you can use the device for a lot of different applications. If nothing else, it's definitely a nice looking tablet.

But, I can't believe they actually went with the name iPad... Sounds like you're saying iPod with an accent. Or it's some kind of Mac product for feminine hygiene. >.>

Jake

Quote from: Lingus on January 27, 2010, 07:15:45 PM
But, I can't believe they actually went with the name iPad... Sounds like you're saying iPod with an accent. Or it's some kind of Mac product for feminine hygiene. >.>
AHAHAHAHAHA

venuse

here and i thought the wii was over priced when it came out for 250. but 500 for this ipad is just plain insane.

Jake

Quote from: venuse on January 27, 2010, 07:22:30 PM
here and i thought the wii was over priced when it came out for 250. but 500 for this ipad is just plain insane.
But it's got over 25,000 games for download!

Lingus

Why? I think it's a pretty decent price. It's basically like a netbook except it's a tablet with a multi-touch screen. Netbook PCs are around $300-500. So the price is fairly reasonable considering it's a Mac.

ARTgames

QuoteIt's all the work Apple put into working with other companies so that you can use the device for a lot of different applications.

Ok thanks for reminding me. I do see kind of a use in that side for books and mags. I forgot about those. But is this as portable as those or does that even matter? this is a $500+ magazine your caring around with you if it does. Im still not sure in this.

QuoteIf nothing else, it's definitely a nice looking tablet.
We have a lot of those in landfills now if you want one. We need a tablet people like. I don't mind them and i kind of want a touch pc.

Quote from: Jake on January 27, 2010, 07:18:01 PM
Quote from: Lingus on January 27, 2010, 07:15:45 PM
AHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah. i did like islate better.

Quote from: Lingus on January 27, 2010, 07:26:37 PM
Why? I think it's a pretty decent price. It's basically like a netbook except it's a tablet with a multi-touch screen. Netbook PCs are around $300-500. So the price is fairly reasonable considering it's a Mac.
Yup. mac is the only one who gets away with those prices. But people think they want to be know as the height end of computing.