News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Ipad

Started by ARTgames, January 27, 2010, 05:35:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeroicHero

So basically, Apple just made the ipod touch bigger gave it a new name?

Cactuscat222

Quote from: HeroicHero on January 27, 2010, 08:30:08 PM

Yeah, but its obviously more powerful and will have more functionality, as far as I can tell.

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

ARTgames

yup. Its has more stuff with it ofcousre but if you like the ipod touch or iphone you will maybe like this also.

DivineLegend

i prefer my kindle over this i think.... doesn't cost as much, and i can put music on it if i want to, but i have my ipod for that 0.o and laptop for videos and shit... but i could see the appeal... just not my kind of think i think... but i am not much for apple except an ipod

Meiun

Quote from: Cactuscat222 on January 27, 2010, 09:16:06 PM

Yeah, but its obviously more powerful and will have more functionality, as far as I can tell.
The sad part is that from what i've seen from the site for it so far, it dosn't seem like it actually does have all that more functionality than an ipod touch. Hopefuly it will though.

Lingus

Does the iPod Touch have wireless internet? I didn't think it did. I thought it was just wi-fi network. Not to mention the larger screen being much better for... well everything. I wouldn't want to read a book or magazine on the touch. And browsing the web is probably a whole hell of a lot better. Then you have movies, games, etc... But yea, you have all that on the touch, it would juts be better on this.

I also heard you could use Verizon for wireless internet, versus having to use AT&T. I don't know if that's true or not.

ARTgames

QuoteDoes the iPod Touch have wireless internet?
Thats call an iphone. A iphone is a ipod touch with a camera and the radios to connect to the towers.

I'm still not sure what this really is for. Why do i need a lagerscreen? Like how will this replaces my netbook. I'm not saying it cant, i just not sure how.

Chaos

Quote from: ARTgames on January 28, 2010, 05:15:43 PM
QuoteDoes the iPod Touch have wireless internet?
Thats call an iphone. A iphone is a ipod touch with a camera and the radios to connect to the towers.

I'm still not sure what this really is for. Why do i need a lagerscreen? Like how will this replaces my netbook. I'm not saying it cant, i just not sure how.

Because reading books, watching videos, and using the internet would be a pain in the arse on an iTouch, imo.  I don't see this as a replacement for a netbook at all.  Personally, assuming they take full advantage of it, besides using as an e-book perhaps for my school textbooks, I would also like to see the ability to use it like an e-notepad.  Take class notes, do sketches and drawings, the like.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

sk8terboi

its retarded...... its just a bigger ipod touch or iphone......
[SSSS]

NotoriousM4^

Quote from: sk8terboi on January 28, 2010, 05:25:44 PM
its retarded...... its just a bigger ipod touch or iphone......
Clearly you can't see the innovation in this.

But, personally, I just can't read a book digitally. I find it quite awkward, and hard to focus on. I mean, short articles, and the usual internet crap are alright, but actual novels...? Doesn't really have the same appeal to me.

Torch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udxYWn--kl4&feature=related

These guys seem to think they invented the goddamn computer when all they REALLY did is make a bigger iTouch. I don't care how solid the touchscreen is, anything you can do on that, you can do better on a desktop computer. Yes, it's portable, but the iTouch and even most cellphones will do pretty much whatever you would want to do portably.

Matty_Richo

NO USB.
NO HDMI
NO HD (1080p).
NO Multitasking.
NO Mac OS X.
NO Camera.
NO SD Card Reader.
NO Flash (Adobe).

Meiun

Quote from: Lingus on January 28, 2010, 04:07:20 PM
Does the iPod Touch have wireless internet? I didn't think it did. I thought it was just wi-fi network. Not to mention the larger screen being much better for... well everything. I wouldn't want to read a book or magazine on the touch. And browsing the web is probably a whole hell of a lot better. Then you have movies, games, etc... But yea, you have all that on the touch, it would juts be better on this.

I also heard you could use Verizon for wireless internet, versus having to use AT&T. I don't know if that's true or not.
Ipod touch has had wifi support since their generation 1. Can't do 3G, but still.

Jake

1080p on a screen that small is pointless.

ARTgames

Quote from: Jake on January 28, 2010, 07:39:16 PM
1080p on a screen that small is pointless.
He wants it with an HDMI out so he can watch it on a big tv in other words.