News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Ipad

Started by ARTgames, January 27, 2010, 05:35:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARTgames

Fine that is fair. Ill hold my judgment till i use one.

Lingus

Btw, just so no one thinks my opinion is biased, I would also totally love to have this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFKPXg4_Y9w&feature=player_embedded

That's HP's tablet device that uses Windows 7. Obviously doesn't have the form factor that Macs have, but it's much more flexible since it's a PC. I'm curious about the speed. What with the iPad being instant on, I'd hate to use something like this and have to wait for it to load windows.

Then you obviously have other tablets such as Dell and HTC which will supposedly use the Android OS. Then again, that's similar to Apple's, but presumably a bit more open ended.

I think everyone buying an iPad currently and anytime in the coming months will probably regret not waiting to a certain extent. There is a lot of room for growth in the tablet device market since it is so new. But the concept of the device itself is what I'm so excited about. Not the individual specific devices. I'll wait for a more broad range of choices to come out before actually spending money on anything.

Chaos

Dude, I would love to have a tablet PC that isn't the iPad.  I hate Apple's proprietary "my-way-or-no-way" bullshit.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Lingus

To be honest, I think the best option is to go for something that uses the Android OS. A tablet using Windows just wouldn't be right. Windows is built for a PC with a mouse. The Android and iPhone OS are built to be used on a mobile device with a touch screen. There's a massive difference to how the interface should be given that fact. In that light, given the choice, I'd go for the iPad over the HP. But I'd have to see how the Android tablets are.

ARTgames

I will say i have some hate for apple for no logic reason. But I'm not going to put it of because a lot of people do like there stuff.

As for Android OS table i think there are some coming out. I would like to see those.

Jake

Quote from: ARTgames on April 19, 2010, 07:26:41 PM
I will say i have some hate for apple for no logic reason. But I'm not going to put it of because a lot of people do like there stuff.

As for Android OS table i think there are some coming out. I would like to see those.
I like Apple's stuff. I hate Apple. I love my iPhone 3GS. I want Apple to go out of business and die a horrible death.

Lingus

Quote from: Jake on April 20, 2010, 01:00:27 PMI like Apple's stuff. I hate Apple. I love my iPhone 3GS. I want Apple to go out of business and die a horrible death.
Haha! Seriously. I hate that Apple makes all of these awesome products that I really want to get, but I don't want to get them because they're Apple. Not that I really dislike Apple as a company all that much... but some of the limitations they put on their products I do not agree with and don't want to have to deal with.

Jake

Quote from: Lingus on April 20, 2010, 01:10:57 PM
Quote from: Jake on April 20, 2010, 01:00:27 PMI like Apple's stuff. I hate Apple. I love my iPhone 3GS. I want Apple to go out of business and die a horrible death.
Haha! Seriously. I hate that Apple makes all of these awesome products that I really want to get, but I don't want to get them because they're Apple. Not that I really dislike Apple as a company all that much... but some of the limitations they put on their products I do not agree with and don't want to have to deal with.
How can one not dislike them as a company? They're huge dicks. Hell, their strict policies regarding prototypes for their products led to a Chinese man killing himself. I hate everything they stand for. Their iTunes updates install shit nobody !@#$ing wants half the time, like Safari web browser. How many people want it? Not many, yet it was automatically installed when updating your iTunes.

Lingus

Well, I guess I just don't know much about the company.

But as far as things like itunes, other softwares do that... Apple just does it a lot.

Scotty

As far as I'm concerned, the sole reason I hate them (supplemented by many other smaller ones) is that I have to work to develop applications that conform to their web browser as well as every other one out there.  As a web developer, that's enough to hate a company.

That and I hate how they decide to abandon Flash because they assume that HTML5 will run Adobe's Flash out the back door battered and beaten.

Lingus

At this point, aren't most browsers different to some extent? So how can you hate any single one over another just for that reason?

And yea, I agree on the whole flash thing. It makes no sense that they don't support Adobe products considering a huge portion of their market is people who use Adobe products. And no flash support just takes that even further since almost everyone uses that.

Scotty

Quote from: Lingus on April 20, 2010, 03:35:54 PM
At this point, aren't most browsers different to some extent? So how can you hate any single one over another just for that reason?

And yea, I agree on the whole flash thing. It makes no sense that they don't support Adobe products considering a huge portion of their market is people who use Adobe products. And no flash support just takes that even further since almost everyone uses that.

Yep, they're all different (well mostly).  That is what makes developing style sheets for them that much more of a pain.  So when they are all different, and you need to code for all of them, why not just pick one as your favorite and shun the rest as useless wastes of development?  I'll be damned if I have to "like" every browser...

EDIT: And Lingus, that video to HP's product made me laugh rather hard when they were emphasizing so much on how it could use Flash.  They ain't no idiots with their marketing!

Lingus

Okay wait, so that just means Apple's browser is not your favorite. How does it jump from not being your favorite to hating the company for doing exactly what every browser does? I mean, granted I'm sure there are plenty of reasons to hate Apple if you so choose, but that can't be your main reason...

Scotty

Quote from: Lingus on April 20, 2010, 03:43:07 PM
Okay wait, so that just means Apple's browser is not your favorite. How does it jump from not being your favorite to hating the company for doing exactly what every browser does? I mean, granted I'm sure there are plenty of reasons to hate Apple if you so choose, but that can't be your main reason...

What other reason would I need?  They felt compelled to come up with their own browser, they are idiots that I need to conform to now, so I hate them.  But this is merely one piece of the hate-pie.  I hate how iTunes can easily take all my music and duplicate (and even quadruplicate if it feels squirrely) all of it.  I hate how I can't be doing something without having Apple's software updates taking precedence, ultimately interrupting me from masturbation.  I hate how when I have a rather large library and try to import it into iTunes, it takes hours, and I CAN NOT do anything else on the computer without it constantly trying to come back to the fore-front of my screen.  If I'm typing something, it gets too risky, as the "Cancel" button on the import screen is highlighted, so if I tap the space bar right after it decides to come back to the forefront, I just cancelled a multi-hour import.  Rinse repeat about 10 other times until I just give up and go do something productive.  I hate how they don't accept Flash, I hate how they can develop every one of their apps for Windows, but won't do any for Linux (SERIOUSLY!  They're already on a different operating system to begin with, conforming to Windows, why not go the extra step of porting it to a .deb or .rpm).  I hate how out of all their stuff they port to windows, they don't port their iPhone SDK.  I hate how they are all so up-tight about security (this poor bastard is as lucky as a unicorn sighting: http://gizmodo.com/5520438/how-apple-lost-the-next-iphone ).  God I could go on all evening with this.

Lingus

Quote from: Scotty on April 20, 2010, 03:40:05 PMEDIT: And Lingus, that video to HP's product made me laugh rather hard when they were emphasizing so much on how it could use Flash.  They ain't no idiots with their marketing!
Yea. That, and the webcam (which looks freaking awesome on a tablet, btw. I seriously don't understand how Apple failed to put a webcam on the iPad.)

Quote from: Scotty on April 20, 2010, 04:00:25 PM
Quote from: Lingus on April 20, 2010, 03:43:07 PM

What other reason would I need?  They felt compelled to come up with their own browser, they are idiots that I need to conform to now, so I hate them.  But this is merely one piece of the hate-pie.  I hate how iTunes can easily take all my music and duplicate (and even quadruplicate if it feels squirrely) all of it.  I hate how I can't be doing something without having Apple's software updates taking precedence, ultimately interrupting me from masturbation.  I hate how when I have a rather large library and try to import it into iTunes, it takes hours, and I CAN NOT do anything else on the computer without it constantly trying to come back to the fore-front of my screen.  If I'm typing something, it gets too risky, as the "Cancel" button on the import screen is highlighted, so if I tap the space bar right after it decides to come back to the forefront, I just cancelled a multi-hour import.  Rinse repeat about 10 other times until I just give up and go do something productive.  I hate how they don't accept Flash, I hate how they can develop every one of their apps for Windows, but won't do any for Linux (SERIOUSLY!  They're already on a different operating system to begin with, conforming to Windows, why not go the extra step of porting it to a .deb or .rpm).  I hate how out of all their stuff they port to windows, they don't port their iPhone SDK.  I hate how they are all so up-tight about security (this poor bastard is as lucky as a unicorn sighting: http://gizmodo.com/5520438/how-apple-lost-the-next-iphone ).  God I could go on all evening with this.
Well, like I said, there's plenty of reasons (which you have listed here) but hating them for having a different browser... I dunno. But I totally agree that you are justified in everything you are saying here. I guess I just don't feel this kind of thing is exclusive to Apple. They certainly do this kind of crap a lot though.