News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Ipad

Started by ARTgames, January 27, 2010, 05:35:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jake

Quote from: ARTgames on January 28, 2010, 07:43:02 PM
Quote from: Jake on January 28, 2010, 07:39:16 PM
1080p on a screen that small is pointless.
He wants it with an HDMI out so he can watch it on a big tv in other words.
Oh, ok  :P

ARTgames

Lingus

Quote from: Meiun on January 28, 2010, 07:38:04 PM
Quote from: Lingus on January 28, 2010, 04:07:20 PM
Does the iPod Touch have wireless internet? I didn't think it did. I thought it was just wi-fi network. Not to mention the larger screen being much better for... well everything. I wouldn't want to read a book or magazine on the touch. And browsing the web is probably a whole hell of a lot better. Then you have movies, games, etc... But yea, you have all that on the touch, it would juts be better on this.

I also heard you could use Verizon for wireless internet, versus having to use AT&T. I don't know if that's true or not.
Ipod touch has had wifi support since their generation 1. Can't do 3G, but still.
That was my point. The iPad has 3G.

Quote from: Matty_Richo on January 28, 2010, 07:34:25 PM
NO USB.
Hmm... doesn't Mac only use Firewire? Besides, I think the docking port is really the only plug you need for it.

Quote from: ARTgames on January 28, 2010, 07:43:02 PM
Quote from: Jake on January 28, 2010, 07:39:16 PM
1080p on a screen that small is pointless.
He wants it with an HDMI out so he can watch it on a big tv in other words.
Doesn't it have a plug so you can hook it up to a larger monitor? I'm not sure if it outputs to HD quality though.

Anyways, what's funny to me is how worked up people get. I guess that's why Apple is so amazing. It doesn't matter if you like them or not. Most people have some strong opinion. Which means more people talk about it, which means more people hear about it and likely, more people buy it...

ARTgames

Quote from: Lingus on January 28, 2010, 07:58:24 PM
Quote from: Meiun on January 28, 2010, 07:38:04 PM
Quote from: Lingus on January 28, 2010, 04:07:20 PM
Does the iPod Touch have wireless internet? I didn't think it did. I thought it was just wi-fi network. Not to mention the larger screen being much better for... well everything. I wouldn't want to read a book or magazine on the touch. And browsing the web is probably a whole hell of a lot better. Then you have movies, games, etc... But yea, you have all that on the touch, it would juts be better on this.

I also heard you could use Verizon for wireless internet, versus having to use AT&T. I don't know if that's true or not.
Ipod touch has had wifi support since their generation 1. Can't do 3G, but still.
That was my point. The iPad has 3G.
so does the iphone.

Quote from: Matty_Richo on January 28, 2010, 07:34:25 PM
NO USB.
Hmm... doesn't Mac only use Firewire? [/quote]
no mac droping fire wire. was a big story last year or two when they started to make laptops without them. mac has usb support.

Meiun

Personaly I don't think the iPad is horrible. It definitely has some use and I could see why some people may want a large ipod touch (really is basically what it is from what I've seen). I just personally think it misses out on more opportunities than it takes advantage of. It still seems to only use the whole "app" setup instead of actually allowing it to run like a real computer and run any program the user wants, has the same amount of storage pretty much that you can get in a new iphone or ipod touch, and the only other feature thats been added to it (that i've seen) is that it can do 3G. However, the only upgrade of 3G over wifi is that it's really handy for a device that is going to be highly portable, and for me I'd rather just go with my iPhone if that is the case. Not to mention that 3G costs a lot to signup for, and if your gonna do that you might as well get the iPhone instead and get the whole phone thing taken care of too (unless you really want something big that badly, which some may). I don't think the iPad is pointless, just could/should be better, and is not worth as much hype as it has been getting in my eyes. If it is that much bigger I just feel it should be able to do more.

Jake

Quote from: Meiun on January 28, 2010, 08:40:42 PM
Personaly I don't think the iPad is horrible. It definitely has some use and I could see why some people may want a large ipod touch (really is basically what it is from what I've seen). I just personally think it misses out on more opportunities than it takes advantage of. It still seems to only use the whole "app" setup instead of actually allowing it to run like a real computer and run any program the user wants, has the same amount of storage pretty much that you can get in a new iphone or ipod touch, and the only other feature thats been added to it (that i've seen) is that it can do 3G. However, the only upgrade of 3G over wifi is that it's really handy for a device that is going to be highly portable, and for me I'd rather just go with my iPhone if that is the case. Not to mention that 3G costs a lot to signup for, and if your gonna do that you might as well get the iPhone instead and get the whole phone thing taken care of too (unless you really want something big that badly, which some may). I don't think the iPad is pointless, just could/should be better, and is not worth as much hype as it has been getting in my eyes. If it is that much bigger I just feel it should be able to do more.
That's pretty much what the general consensus is. I'd tend to agree with what you said, but I'm slightly more forgiving over it's absence of important features because of how damn sexy it is.

Chaos

I think Meiun pretty much hit the nail right on the head.  I can see a lot of potential in the idea, it's just a matter of seeing where they go with this.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Lingus

Quote from: ARTgames on January 28, 2010, 08:26:24 PMmac has usb support.
Ah ok. Didn't know that. Even so, the docking port is probably all you will need.

I guess I just don't see the problem. It seems like most people are wanting it to do more... almost like a PC. Meiun, your comment about it using the app functionality rather than acting more like a computer strikes me as a bit odd. The whole point of a Mac is ease of use. It seems like the app functionality is what that's all about. It's very "lite". Which, for a tablet like this is I think what people want. It's similar with a netbook, but even more so.

Quote from: Meiun on January 28, 2010, 08:40:42 PMNot to mention that 3G costs a lot to signup for, and if your gonna do that you might as well get the iPhone instead and get the whole phone thing taken care of too
But either way you have the cost of the phone service and the 3G service (unless you have the 3G on your phone as well, but then it's just redundant) so the cost is the same.

Meiun

Quote from: Jake on January 28, 2010, 09:03:52 PM
Quote from: Meiun on January 28, 2010, 08:40:42 PM
That's pretty much what the general consensus is. I'd tend to agree with what you said, but I'm slightly more forgiving over it's absence of important features because of how damn sexy it is.
I can't deny that it does look pretty sexy, but yeah.

ARTgames

Quote from: Lingus on January 28, 2010, 09:07:28 PM
Quote from: Meiun on January 28, 2010, 08:40:42 PMNot to mention that 3G costs a lot to signup for, and if your gonna do that you might as well get the iPhone instead and get the whole phone thing taken care of too
But either way you have the cost of the phone service and the 3G service (unless you have the 3G on your phone as well, but then it's just redundant) so the cost is the same.

They might charge you more for data when using the ipad than a phone. Like they do for the cards you place in your laptop.

Mr Pwnage

So they've essentially duplicated a great device and made it no longer easily portable...good job Apple.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

ARTgames

I saw this on digg and i cant help for not posting

XD

another pic
http://i.imgur.com/ion9W.jpg

edit
also something more searios

iPad DRM endangers our rights
http://www.defectivebydesign.org/ipad

Lingus

Quote from: ARTgames on January 28, 2010, 10:22:30 PM

They might charge you more for data when using the ipad than a phone. Like they do for the cards you place in your laptop.
Who does that? AT&T? My understanding is that the data plan is the data plan. It might depend on what plan you get, but it doesn't matter what device it's used for. Are you saying they would force you to get the higher data plan?

Chaos

Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Titan

Quote from: Lingus on January 29, 2010, 02:05:20 PM
Quote from: ARTgames on January 28, 2010, 10:22:30 PM

Who does that? AT&T? My understanding is that the data plan is the data plan. It might depend on what plan you get, but it doesn't matter what device it's used for. Are you saying they would force you to get the higher data plan?

I've actually heard its unlocked and can be used with anything. But for 30$ a month at&t will give unlimted downloads and internet service.
Livin' in a lonely world.