News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Ipad

Started by ARTgames, January 27, 2010, 05:35:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoEL

Quote from: ARTgames on January 30, 2010, 09:12:00 AM
Hows that interesting in any way? apple alwas does that. Just look at the ipod for starters. Its just seems when they do it people buy it. Thats apple for you.

I find it interesting because the message below the specs is right.
What are you comparing the ipod to?

ARTgames

Take the sansa for example. had a radio, could record from the radio, had a mic, playlists, equalizer, etc. This was around 2001. Ipod comes along and all it does is play mp3s. Ipod was not strong at first but later just took off. Most people say it was because of itunes. Its seems like apple always seems to win over with 1-3 feacher.

Apple never makes anything new or original like microsoft. But they make people want it. They have done it with pcs, mp3 players, and phones.

Chaos

Quote from: ARTgames on January 30, 2010, 11:34:29 AM
Take the sansa for example. had a radio, could record from the radio, had a mic, playlists, equalizer, etc. This was around 2001. Ipod comes along and all it does is play mp3s. Ipod was not strong at first but later just took off. Most people say it was because of itunes. Its seems like apple always seems to win over with 1-3 feacher.

Apple never makes anything new or original like microsoft. But they make people want it. They have done it with pcs, mp3 players, and phones.

Realize, of course, that probably also has a lot to do with advertising.  Until this moment, I had never HEARD of SanDisk's Sansa.  If people don't know about your product, you can't expect them to buy it. :/
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

ARTgames

Quote from: Chaos on January 30, 2010, 01:31:04 PM

Realize, of course, that probably also has a lot to do with advertising.  Until this moment, I had never HEARD of SanDisk's Sansa.  If people don't know about your product, you can't expect them to buy it. :/

your 100% right chaos. Apples ads really are something that helps them come out on top. Here some vary notable ads.

1984 Apple's Macintosh Commercial
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYecfV3ubP8

iPod + iTunes TV ad 1 of 2 (colored dancing ads)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwi8_rRq8os

MacBook Air ad
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E98Eyl5Et0w

Apple iPhone TV Ads
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lfmlKYZ-vU

iPhone 3g Commercial "There's An App For That" 2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szrsfeyLzyg

Im a mac and im a pc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5z0Ia5jDt4

It just show if you keep shoving things in people faces they will take it regaless of what else is out there. So your right. But what made people stay with the products once they bought it. Itunes is my guess for the first ipod.

Chaos

Which is ironic, since, as a program, I despise iTunes.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Lingus

Quote from: Chaos on January 30, 2010, 02:13:49 PM
Which is ironic, since, as a program, I despise iTunes.
As a program yes. But what they did in terms of making digital music legally available to a massive number of people was ground breaking. That's why the iPod became popular. No other MP3 player did that until Apple came along. They revolutionized the MP3 player.

With the iPad, it doesn't seem like they're doing that. They've merely reinvented the tablet pc. Unless... some of the stuff they're talking about with publishers and the like is as good as it sounds. Then, maybe they'll do something similar with "ereaders". But, there's also a lot more potential with this. It doesn't simply allow you to read books, magazines, and news articles digitally. It could be used for a lot more. And perhaps Apple will take advantage of that.

It's definitely too soon to say whether this is a success or failure. And you definitely can't just look at the device itself to make that judgement.

JoEL

I believe the Ipod plays mp4 videos also (Atleast in a few of the later models). Not to mention it had new technologies built into it, such as it's own HDD. Everyone likes new technology.

As for what lingus said, I completely agree.

Forum

Ipad lol? sounds like a copy from Ipod
Officially quitted

Cactuscat222

Quote from: Forum on January 30, 2010, 11:04:13 PM

Wow... maybe because it is?

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

JoEL

Quote from: Cactuscat222 on January 30, 2010, 11:19:26 PM

Lol, I think he's an idiot :P

Most products made from Mac these days include the word i-<insert phrase here> like iMac, iPod, iPhone and now iPad. Maybe you should read the topic before posting useless nonsense in it. (aimed at forum btw)

Forum

Quote from: JoEL on January 30, 2010, 11:35:14 PM
Quote from: Cactuscat222 on January 30, 2010, 11:19:26 PM

Lol, I think he's an idiot :P

Most products made from Mac these days include the word i-<insert phrase here> like iMac, iPod, iPhone and now iPad. Maybe you should read the topic before posting useless nonsense in it. (aimed at forum btw)
Ofc I read the topic..:(.....Jesus
Officially quitted

ARTgames

QuoteIt's definitely too soon to say whether this is a success or failure. And you definitely can't just look at the device itself to make that judgement.

Like how the ipod had i tunes and iphon had apps this has books. Im not sure how that going to go.

They say it could make cool magazines because you will be able to add multimedia to it. Buts how is that different from something a website can do?

NotoriousM4^

iThink (pun intended) they should re-name it iReader. With all the possible mispellings and what not, things are bound to go wrong. Besides with the oh-so familiar "iPod", "iPad" feels kind of hard on the eyes.

NotoriousM4^

Quote from: NotoriousM4^ on January 31, 2010, 09:07:02 PM
iThink (pun intended) they should re-name it iReader. With all the possible mispellings and what not, things are bound to go wrong. Besides with the oh-so familiar "iPod", "iPad" feels kind of hard on the eyes.

stick d00d

I agree whenever I see iPad I immediately think it says iPod. Plus I don't think I'd ever buy one of these, I'd rather have a iPhone or iTouch. Seems like a way to make more money off a product that is not very different and is less compact.