News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Game play idea

Started by ARTgames, July 03, 2009, 10:16:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARTgames

Main idea:
Ok, this idea is crazy but have a room in which if you duck jump the gravity reverses for you (and only you) and you land on the ceiling (flipped onto your feet of course.) You do the same (duck jump) and you land back on the ground. There could be ceiling enemies and ground ones. Just a fun little idea.

Little side idea:
Well this might not come in handy for a pro player but i still think it might be useful for some one who does not know the game so well or just no good. (like me)

The idea im giving out is that when you swing your weapon i think your stamina bar should turn orange and then turn back to green when its ok to swing once more. or when your out of stamina it could stay orange until you can hit.

also think it should be able to be tuned off by the player with a "/" command. Or this could be a idea for a micro.

Twinky

First idea seems quite odd, but it would be better if it was triggered by gravity boots or something.

Side idea, I like that one a little more.

EpicPhailure

The first idea reminds me of Snakeman's Random Dumbassery of Battle for Olympus, or something like that. I don't really like it to be honest. Kind of complicated with all of the other controls and functions in my opinion, and it'll be annoying if you're going to be forced to use it.

jonsploder

Side idea could be applied in lots of places.
eg; When your exp goes up, it glows for 2 seconds. When you get hit, it drains down to the hp, not immediately chop down. Good idea, but I don't think it will happen.

EpicPhailure

Actually, I prefer the chopped down HP. If it drains, then you don't really know precisely where it's going to go to make the decision "do I need to use a potion right now?". If it chops down, you'll instantly see if you need to or not. If it drains down, then you're going to wait for a half second for it, and then "Shit, I need a po-" Dead.

Freeforall

I don't know about the first idea, but the second idea is very good in my opinion.

Aqua

Quote from: jonsploder on July 04, 2009, 03:32:58 AM
Side idea could be applied in lots of places.
eg; When your exp goes up, it glows for 2 seconds. When you get hit, it drains down to the hp, not immediately chop down. Good idea, but I don't think it will happen.
I like the glowing xp, keeps from checking 24/7 if you got a pixel.
~Aqua

Lingus

Quote from: ARTgames on July 03, 2009, 10:16:23 PM
The idea im giving out is that when you swing your weapon i think your stamina bar should turn orange and then turn back to green when its ok to swing once more. or when your out of stamina it could stay orange until you can hit.
Yes please!

When you get hit, it drains down to the hp, not immediately chop down.

Quote from: Epicphail on July 04, 2009, 11:12:16 AM
Actually, I prefer the chopped down HP. If it drains, then you don't really know precisely where it's going to go to make the decision "do I need to use a potion right now?". If it chops down, you'll instantly see if you need to or not. If it drains down, then you're going to wait for a half second for it, and then "Shit, I need a po-" Dead.

What if instead of draining it "chops down" but leaves a "ghost" of the level of HP you had before you were hit and that "ghost" slowly disappears.

ARTgames

Quote from: Lingus on July 06, 2009, 07:24:32 PM

What if instead of draining it "chops down" but leaves a "ghost" of the level of HP you had before you were hit and that "ghost" slowly disappears.
Yeah. but i would like the ghost to be in a different color so its easy to tell.

tehrozzy

Quote from: ARTgames on July 06, 2009, 07:29:53 PM
Quote from: Lingus on July 06, 2009, 07:24:32 PM

Yeah. but i would like the ghost to be in a different color so its easy to tell.

How about semi transparent?

EpicPhailure

What's the point of a ghost again? I mean, you won't be able to tell how much HP you lost from a ghost.

ARTgames

Quote from: Epicphail on July 07, 2009, 11:13:51 AM
What's the point of a ghost again? I mean, you won't be able to tell how much HP you lost from a ghost.

To look cool.

Lingus

By "ghost" I meant semi-transparent... because, ghosts are... um... semi-transparent and all?

EpicPhailure

Well, I know what you mean, it's just that what'll be the point?

ARTgames

Quote from: Lingus on July 08, 2009, 02:53:33 PM
By "ghost" I meant semi-transparent... because, ghosts are... um... semi-transparent and all?

according to ghostbusters they can be. But light red on red still hard to see unless you talking about like 20% transparency.

@Epicphail
Ascetics, you know to look nice and professional.