News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

iPhone4 vs HTC Evo

Started by Scotty, June 29, 2010, 06:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotty

Meiun

HAHAHA, nice! SO completely and utterly true. I actually have been thinking these same things for a while now. I currently have an iPhone 3G which sure, is a nice phone. But AT&T has been continuing to get shittier while the others get better, it IS (there is no debate on this, it is fact) behind when it comes to actual hardware features and capabilities, Apple is extremely restrictive when it comes to what your allowed to do with it, the types of things your allowed to program in terms of apps (Android is much much better for software developers. Lots of open source-ness, better language, much less strict policies for their "app stores" such as the fact you can get SNES emulators), and pretty much every spec about the best of the android phones are better. Hell, with the new iPhone you can only do video calls over wifi... Which is basically just a smaller and shittier version of a laptop doing skype. The list could go on forever... Safe to say, I fully intend to switch over to an Android phone once my contract expires. I even did an independent study course last semester on mobile app development originally intending to develop apps for my iPhone, but ended up borrowing an Android to do it with instead.
    The only reason the iPhones are still even all that popular in my opinion is because there once was a time where they were one of the best phones, and people tend to love just jumping on the bandwagon when it comes to technology 90% of them don't fully understand. People just still haven't come to realize that there are better things available now.

Mr Pwnage

Wow that's so freakin' hilarious. And I agree 100%...almost everybody who buys apple products know nothing about the tech specs of the item...it's all for brand name. If you watched the news when the Iphone4 came out, there were numerous people who said they new the iphone4s problem with maintaining connection when held and still wanted to buy it simply because it was an apple product. It's a big joke to be honest.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

LeGuy

A good example of how incredibly cheap Apple is would be its implementation of its new, 4.0 operating system for the iPhone 3G. (Yes, like Meiun, I am an iPhone 3G owner.) While you'd think that any update to a device would generally make it perform better, I have actually found that the new 4.0 OS actually makes the system worse. Framerate on tasks as simple as menu navigation has slightly decreased, video playback frequently seems to crash at random moments, and applications take longer to load. Furthermore, the amount of features that Apple left out in the update is ridiculous. Merely changing the desktop background was excluded, along with multitasking, which is limited in its abilities in that it hardly fits the description of traditional multitasking. Excluding certain, infrequent instances, the system is limited to simply saving the state of an app, then closing it for future revisiting.

...Well, I don't really have any logical conclusion to this. I'll end saying that I would definitely consider switching devices if my crappy AT&T contract wasn't about a year from expiring. Maybe Apple will catch up in technology/customization/etc, and AT&T in service quality/range, but I seriously doubt it.
Whee!

Meiun

Yeah, I use to honestly not have anything against Apple (despite never having much need for most of their products minus the iPod/iPhone), but in this last year I have become more and more irritated by them and their oblivious followers. Steve Jobs himself is a HUGE arrogant douchebag (this isn't even speculation or a personal opinion, its pretty much a widely accepted fact. Apparently its part of the reason he was fired from Apple a while back, only to be rehired when they started going down the crapper without him). Most of their products are overpriced, outdated, dumbed down versions of what their competitors are designed around the assumption that all their customers need to have their hand held with every device that uses this new-fangled invention called electricity. The only thing I can genuinely say they do well is their industrial designers, but that still doesn't merit paying two to three times as much for a piece of outdated, overly-restricted technology just because it comes in a pretty case. I also love how their policy on avoiding potential issues is just not allowing their customers to do anything that could possibly relate to it. For instance, Apples way of avoiding any possible future security related issues that could arise with multitasking? Not actually allow real multitasking! Their solution to their faulty phone antenna flaking out when you hold it? Don't hold it!

DarkTrinity

LMAO. That was awesome. Thank you for that.
I'm sick of all my friends telling me to get a Mac. I'm prejudice, I don't like them and I do not want one. I don't want to have to pay extra money just so I can carry around a laptop with a half-bitten apple on it.
I will say, I do like my iPod classic though. I know there's probably better things out there, but it's survived longer than the 3 phones I've had... with how much I drop things, I'm shocked it still works. Plus it's currently holding all the music that I lost when my hard drive died D:

Meiun

Yup, in terms of music player iPods are great. Music playing is a simple and straight forward enough purpose for a device that going for a player with a nice and reliable design actually counts for a lot more than it would on something like a smartphone, especially since Apples shortcomings in being on never having the latest hardware doesn't really apply to music players. There definitely may be better ones out there, but simple little things like what I just mentioned, as well as integration with iTunes (which most people use) just makes them plenty good enough.

ARTgames

I never used a smart phone so I cant really comment. But all I can say is it seems its now Mac vs world.