News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

/who additions

Started by ARTgames, July 04, 2009, 01:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARTgames

My idea is that you can type /who and a place (town, mountain, forest, arena, temple, wall) and it will tell you how many people are in the area.

also a /here will tell you the people in your zone.

ex:
/who wall
There are currently 3 player(s) at the wall.

/here
There are currently 5 player(s) in this zone

Side ideas:
/monster should tell you all the monster in the zone and how many. I don't know how meiun made this game but i don't think this will take any server resources because i think all the monster in a zone are some what locally cached.

ex:
/monster
1 white rabbit
4 bandits

EpicPhailure

I'm pretty sure Meiun is making S.O. 3 from pure Java, or at least that's what I heard a long time ago.

This would kind of be helpful, but I'd say that /monster should be a command to get some info on the monster itself. For example, /bandit would get the server or something to send you a message:

Bandit
HP:
MP:
EXP:
Drops:

or etc.

Twinky

I like the /who additions, but I don't like the /monster idea...
It kind of gives away the purpose of searching for monsters.
And knowing Meiun, he wouldn't add a command that would give away the HP and drops of a monster. :P

Lucifer

Quote from: Twinky on July 04, 2009, 02:52:25 PM
I like the /who additions, but I don't like the /monster idea...
It kind of gives away the purpose of searching for monsters.
And knowing Meiun, he wouldn't add a command that would give away the HP and drops of a monster. :P
Seconded.

CherryPie

i prefer adding a search info:
/search playername

and it will tell you whether or not the player is online and if yes, in which area he/she is located.

ARTgames

Quote from: CherryPie on July 04, 2009, 04:23:03 PM
/search playername

and it will tell you whether or not the player is online and if yes, in which area he/she is located.

Thats what /find does on maple story. its not a bad idea its just i dont think people like being tracked down. i dont know if they will like it.

CherryPie

Quote from: ARTgames on July 04, 2009, 04:28:48 PM
/search playername

Thats what /find does on maple story. its not a bad idea its just i dont think people like being tracked down. i dont know if they will like it.

well, that's up to everyone, maybe some want to be found, ofc, there should be something like /switchsearch to enable/disable others from finding you ;)

EpicPhailure

Quote from: ARTgames on July 04, 2009, 04:28:48 PM
/search playername

/hide command? Lol.

ARTgames

i was trying to make this simple.