News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Fasting

Started by Trogdor, March 02, 2010, 12:12:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leviofoley

Ooo, whipped! Whapeesh! jk, jk...
Well sorry about that dude, better luck next time? :-\

JoEL

Little off topic here, but are you a tall and skinny guy? Just curious because you almost weigh as much as i do...

ARTgames

Quote from: Trogdor on March 04, 2010, 07:32:16 PM
Bad news, guys. Recently my girlfriend found out that I was "intentionally starving myself" (which is not far from the truth) and threatened to break up with me if I didn't eat something. She can definitely be melodramatic at times, however I do care about her, so I'm calling off the fast. It's a huge disappointment to me that I didn't get anywhere near as far as I'd hope, but I'm glad I did it even though it was only for three days. For now I'll regroup my efforts and try again at a later time (hopefully sometime soon), educating her about fasting all along the way. It's a shame this topic didn't go anywhere near as far as I'd initially hoped, and now I feel like a fool for spending so much time and effort on it only to have it come to an abrupt halt within the same week of its creation. I apologize for wasting everyone's time.

I will say i did not see that ending like that.

Scotty

Quote from: ARTgames on March 05, 2010, 12:03:30 AM
Quote from: Trogdor on March 04, 2010, 07:32:16 PM
Bad news, guys. Recently my girlfriend found out that I was "intentionally starving myself" (which is not far from the truth) and threatened to break up with me if I didn't eat something. She can definitely be melodramatic at times, however I do care about her, so I'm calling off the fast. It's a huge disappointment to me that I didn't get anywhere near as far as I'd hope, but I'm glad I did it even though it was only for three days. For now I'll regroup my efforts and try again at a later time (hopefully sometime soon), educating her about fasting all along the way. It's a shame this topic didn't go anywhere near as far as I'd initially hoped, and now I feel like a fool for spending so much time and effort on it only to have it come to an abrupt halt within the same week of its creation. I apologize for wasting everyone's time.

I will say i did not see that ending like that.

Women have this weird strange power over men like that.  True, i didn't see that coming either.  What I think he meant to say was "Sex is off until you feed yourself."  In that case, GOOD CALL TROGDOR!!!

Trogdor

Quote from: Scotty on March 05, 2010, 12:06:18 AM
Women have this weird strange power over men like that.  True, i didn't see that coming either.  What I think he meant to say was "Sex is off until you feed yourself."  In that case, GOOD CALL TROGDOR!!!
Yeah, and that strange power is called blackmail. <_<

Quote from: JoEL on March 04, 2010, 11:59:27 PM
Little off topic here, but are you a tall and skinny guy? Just curious because you almost weigh as much as i do...
I don't consider myself tall, I'm only 1.7 m. (5' 7.5"), though my BMI is relatively low. I just realized that it's been almost a year since I last measured myself, and I haven't grown at all. Hmm...

I'd like everyone to know that I will be attempting this again. I just came across an unexpected snag. I'll simply plan another one sometime during the summer so I can make up a viable excuse for a 2 week absence. Be prepared for a necro! *Pulls out robe and wizard hat*
If you give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
If you light a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Jackabomb

Awww...I was reading through this and I was so looking forward to it. Darn women!

Specialboy

For the part that you completed, this was a good journal!  Very interesting read.

DarkTrinity

I found this topic thuroughly interesting and I'm glad you did your research before trying anything.
Also, if I found out my boyfriend was fasting and consuming nothing but water and did not mention it to me before doing so, I would be thuroughly upset. Comes with being in a relationship...

Lingus

Quote from: DarkTrinity on March 09, 2010, 02:25:48 PMAlso, if I found out my boyfriend was fasting and consuming nothing but water and did not mention it to me before doing so, I would be thuroughly upset. Comes with being in a relationship...
See! I told you. The difference is, you know you have a good one when you tell her of your crazy schemes before hand and she not only allows you to do it but gets involved.

DarkTrinity

Quote from: Lingus on March 09, 2010, 05:25:28 PM
Quote from: DarkTrinity on March 09, 2010, 02:25:48 PMAlso, if I found out my boyfriend was fasting and consuming nothing but water and did not mention it to me before doing so, I would be thuroughly upset. Comes with being in a relationship...
See! I told you. The difference is, you know you have a good one when you tell her of your crazy schemes before hand and she not only allows you to do it but gets involved.

Haha, Yep. Though, I'm pretty sure my boyfriend would never do that, nor I, because we both love food and are both coffee addicts :)

Lingus

I just meant crazy schemes in general, not fasting in specific. But yea.

Trogdor

Hey, just letting you guys know I'll be starting this up again in three days (August 24). Unfortunately, this summer was a bit more hectic than previous ones, which is the reason why I had to keep pushing this back. If there's renewed interest, I'd be happy to continue posting in this thread. I just thought I'd give you all the benefit of the doubt first.

Scotty

Absolutely, I'd be curious to hear how it works out...

That is if the GF doesn't put a stop to it again... Damn sex, always complicates things when women think they have the power... Which they do...  >:(

As always, just make sure you are well-freakin' educated and you know absolutely everything you are getting yourself into and I support ya!

Trogdor

Heh, I won't know absolutely everything I'm getting myself into until I'm already neck deep in it. Experience has and always will be the best teacher, hence my personal experimentation! But I understand where you're coming from, and I feel comfortable with my knowledge on the subject.

About my girlfriend, we're no longer seeing each other, so I'll make a point of doing this first before making any other commitments. I'm not going to allow anything to get in the way this time. Anyways, thanks for the support!

Torch

Given your already extremely low body weight (to be fair, I don't know how tall you are), I would suggest that intentionally starving yourself for the sole purpose of finding out how your body will react is a poor choice. Or maybe I'm missing the point.