News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Fasting

Started by Trogdor, March 02, 2010, 12:12:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EpicPhailure

Could you still maintain your level of tricking when you when back to your old weight?

krele

Quote from: EpicPhailure on August 29, 2010, 12:31:05 PM
Could you still maintain your level of tricking when you when back to your old weight?
Well actually no... I felt really week days after... Maybe even weeks, but that's from such fast muscle loss... But after a month, I really got good results, and I could train even better. Felt better, tricked better... It was like some sort of "rejuvenation"... But now, I don't feel like it anymore, or I got used to it =/

Trogdor

Quote from: krele on August 29, 2010, 12:08:03 PM
I've fasted before for 8 days, but my goal wasn't nearly as foul (sorry, couldn't find another word) as yours. You're doing it to educate yourself, gamble your health, and to prove science?
Wow! That's a very descriptive word. Quite obviously you haven't read the entirety of my posts, though I can understand why. However, it really does save me a lot of time from having to point out the obvious to people who immediately jump to conclusions after skimming through a few sentences. Yes, I am doing it to educate myself to better help and understand my body. I am "gambling" my health to become more healthy. I am experimenting with it on the off chance that my body will benefit, thus adapting a practice that will help serve it. As you can (hopefully) see, all of these reasons serve the same end.

I'm not entirely sure what you meant by proving science. Usually it's science that proves something...

With no professional help?
Believe me, I would never dream of doing a fast without professional help. My primary care physician is very knowledgeable, kind, and understanding. I've actually had the same one since my birth, if you can believe that or not. Anyways, I didn't tell him I was going on a fast until I was a few days through, and he became a little upset with me. But he eventually succumbed to the idea and simply urged me to drink plenty of water. Now and then he would insist that I eat, but he stopped nagging after around three days. He also has this uncanny ability to know exactly when I should rest so I don't over-exert myself. He was even the one who found out that I wasn't getting enough blood in my leg, so we both agreed to postpone it. Even though he possesses this vast pool of knowledge on every medical subject imaginable, he's never been to medical school. Can you believe that?

I'm impressed that you got so far, I truly am. There's just one thing I don't understand.

At night, I had my first meal in a while. Rice =)
Are you saying you broke an eight day fast with rice? This right here is telling me that you (or your doctor) hadn't really thought out your fast, hence why you probably had such a hellish experience. What foods did you eat leading up to the fast? Did your doctor simply monitor your vitals, or did he also recommend what foods to eat before/after the fast?
If you give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
If you light a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

krele

At night, I had my first meal in a while. Rice =)
Are you saying you broke an eight day fast with rice? This right here is telling me that you (or your doctor) hadn't really thought out your fast, hence why you probably had such a hellish experience. What foods did you eat leading up to the fast? Did your doctor simply monitor your vitals, or did he also recommend what foods to eat before/after the fast?
[/quote]

I was surprised too, that's why I wrote it. He recommended rice because of my hellish diarrhea, so it won't come back (it was a possibility though). Of course I didn't stuff myself with it, I just ate a bit so it starts my usual food digesting body state. Doctor monitored my vitals, he was involved 2 days before I started fasting, so he couldn't really help me out there. But that's not the problem, since I've are pretty much same ingredients you noted here. The reason of my "hellish" experience is my fast metabolism, that just couldn't take it any longer =)

Also, about that "you want to prove science"... I meant to say you want to "prove science being right", "make an example of it", etc...

You should chill out... People here are trying to help. Taking their posts for granted (no matter what they said) won't help you, or will take away all that support you get here. I've read your posts fully, and understand every word of it, but please take me to the part where you told us you had a physician with you. It's really important, and would change few minds here, probably including scotty's, torch's, and mine as well...

Trogdor

Quote from: krele on August 30, 2010, 09:22:46 AM
I was surprised too, that's why I wrote it. He recommended rice because of my hellish diarrhea, so it won't come back (it was a possibility though).
Ah, I see. Very typical of a doctor to get rid of the symptom instead of the cause, which they're supposed to get paid for correcting... I bet what was running through his mind was as soon as your feces had solidified, his job was done. :-\

Also, about that "you want to prove science"... I meant to say you want to "prove science being right", "make an example of it", etc...
Okay, I see what you mean. Regarding science's study of fasting (among a great many other subjects), it has reached an impasse where both sides have documented proof that it does and does not benefit the human body. Based on that, I don't have any intellectual backing for what I'm doing. For example, if I said I was only going to drink bleach for three days, any one of you could pull up unquestionable and verifiable scientific evidence that it will probably kill me. All members of the scientific community would agree with this. With fasting, both pro fasting and con fasting sides have this unquestionable and verifiable scientific evidence that contradicts one another. So that topic is pretty much up in the air.

You should chill out... People here are trying to help. Taking their posts for granted (no matter what they said) won't help you, or will take away all that support you get here.
Hm? What gave you that idea? I really did appreciate your own personal experience of fasting, and how your body reacted with it. I appreciate any and all posts; I would never take one for granted.

... but please take me to the part where you told us you had a physician with you. It's really important, and would change few minds here, probably including scotty's, torch's, and mine as well...
Eh, never mind. I was just taking a stab at being humorous, but that's one of the other things I fail at. Also, I'm not here to change minds, just sharing something interesting in my life that I thought you guys would be interested in. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, which is why I'll poke fun at myself from time to time for their sake.

Lingus

Quote from: Trogdor on August 30, 2010, 08:46:10 AMBelieve me, I would never dream of doing a fast without professional help. My primary care physician is very knowledgeable, kind, and understanding. I've actually had the same one since my birth, if you can believe that or not...

...Even though he possesses this vast pool of knowledge on every medical subject imaginable, he's never been to medical school. Can you believe that?
Wait... What? Your primary care physician is not a medical doctor? Forgive my ignorance, but how is that possible? Or, is it possible that he became a medical doctor without going to medical school? I didn't think that was possible either.

Given I fully understand that someone can be knowledgable on a subject without being "certified," and I also understand that a lot of medical doctors often give bad advice, so maybe your "primary care physician" is more qualified than some doctors anyways.

I was curious, it sounds like this person is someone very close to you. Are they a family member?

Trogdor

Sorry, I was making a piss-poor attempt at alluding to my body.

... I'll be going now...

Lingus

Oh... Oh man. I totally did not get that. Lol. Sorry.

Jake

Quote from: Lingus on September 01, 2010, 04:02:21 PM
Oh... Oh man. I totally did not get that. Lol. Sorry.
I didn't get it at first either, but afterwards I was like "ohhh, bahahahaha". I like your humor trogdor, just hard to follow sometimes. Don't be deterred though!