News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

20th Century Boys

Started by HamsterPants, March 30, 2010, 02:59:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HamsterPants

I have just finished reading a story called 20th Century Boys, it took me 2 months, with how busy I've been lately, and I have to say, it's the most life-changing story I've ever seen.

I came out of reading this series of books a new man. I think that's worth something, and so I'm actually going to try sharing it with you guys without fear of criticism, though I know I didn't write it, it still means something to me.

That being said, I have never met, or heard of a single human being that did not absolutely love this story after reading it. So I urge absolutely everyone here to read it.

Here are convenient means by which it can be read:
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/20th_century_boys/

Thanks to this story, I will never look at a guitar as just a piece of wood, it's more than that, it's something that can change the world in the right hands. And because of that, I've been inspired to pick up my dusty guitar and finally start practicing.

You know, I feel so happy right now... lol

Trogdor

I'm really happy for you, HamsterPants. It's always exciting to experience a powerful, life-altering situation, following with the inevitable shift in perception in which one views the world. It's almost like everything is thrown into a whole new light. Personally, my life has been forever changed by a few stories, notably The Way of the Peaceful Warrior by Dan Millman; or the science documentary/narrative film What the #$*! Do We Know!?, which attempts to establish a connection between spirituality and science through the field of quantum mechanics (both of which I also highly recommend to those that have some spare time on their hands).

I've never considered reading a manga before (which I'm assuming this is), but I just might have to start with this one. I doubt my library has a manga section, but I'll check nonetheless. Once I get my hands on a copy I'll start it as soon as I'm in Spring Break, and I'll let you know how I like it. ;)
If you give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
If you light a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

HamsterPants

Quote from: Trogdor on March 30, 2010, 07:58:10 AM
I've never considered reading a manga before (which I'm assuming this is), but I just might have to start with this one. I doubt my library has a manga section, but I'll check nonetheless. Once I get my hands on a copy I'll start it as soon as I'm in Spring Break, and I'll let you know how I like it. ;)
Yes, it is a manga, but it's not like ones that you would normally see. It's very realistic.

If you want to purchase the translated books as they are released, then you aren't going to finish the story until about 2 years from now.
Just fyi.

but I am definitely buying all the books now. Actually, I'm buying everything this guy ever wrote. lol

And yes, it's an amazing feeling, actually, the reason I started reading this story was because there were a lot of people who were saying that it was life-changing.
And I agree, because it is. Maybe it won't do that for everybody, but it certainly is a powerful story.

And heck, I don't know why I didn't do this to begin with, but watch this video, it's the closest thing to a trailer I can find. lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3RVxtgyhHM

The story is actually named after an old song called 20th Century Boy, by T-REX.