News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

gmail no longer in beta

Started by ARTgames, July 07, 2009, 04:45:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EpicPhailure

I hardly noticed.

But dang, 5 years of beta.

Meiun

Longest beta EVER. I think it was even longer than 5 years... I vaguely remember seeing it when I was in elementary school, and I'm about to be a Junior in College (aka University for you British people).

Lingus

It's cuz google's so freakin awesome. Why does it mean that? I'm not sure... but they are.

I think it just means 1. that they allow people to use their really experimental stuff so they release public betas early, and 2. that they have a high standard so they don't have a full release until it's completely ready.

Also, it looks like they were trying to sell it to higher, enterprise level companies, so calling it beta was hard to do that. Not that it doesn't meet their level of standards or anything. I really like google apps. There's something to be desired with some of the docs products. Not really up to par with MS office suite. But it's really cool if you want to use it for online collaboration, so that's good. Plus it lets me keep a set of important documents available and editable on the web from anywhere I want. That's mainly what I use it for.

ARTgames

i was reading the comments and as a joke some one posted that google hired there old graphic artist back so they could take out the beta in the logo.

T-Rok

Apparently, they added a "Back to Beta" function that re-adds the beta label for anyone that feels naked without it. Lol