News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Happy Easter!

Started by 11clock, April 04, 2010, 07:22:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Syco on April 05, 2010, 01:47:06 PM
Quote from: Mr Pwnage on April 04, 2010, 02:55:52 PM
No....!@#$ Easter. I refuse to celebrate till somebody explains why this holiday is celebrated with eggs and rabbits, as I see no correlation with Jesus.

Lol, grow up Faggle, it's celebrated with eggs and rabbits to provide fun and a bond between a family, exactly what Jesus Christ would have wanted. It's the day Jesus ressurected, we are celebrating that, by giving Jesus what he wants, Peace and love through families. (Am I right?)...Asking why Easter is celebrated with eggs and rabbits is basically like asking why birthdays are celebrated with balloons and cake...So stop being an iconoclast and next year enjoy easter with your family...Happy late Easter >_<

First off, your using "grow up" and "faggle" right next to each other...though I guess remembering you from the old hangout forum as a creep and plagiarizing Venuse's work I really can't expect much from you can I? I wasn't being entirely serious either so I don't know why you flame people other than the fact that your an idiot. All that aside though, questioning why we celebrate a holiday is not iconoclastic, it's intuitive, as I'm sure somewhere down the road there's a reason for doing the things the way we do. And I actually did go on an egg hunt on Easter with my little brother to maintain holiday spirit, so don't tell me I'm anti-family.

Quote from: Lingus on April 05, 2010, 04:24:09 PM
No....!@#$ Easter. I refuse to celebrate till somebody explains why this holiday is celebrated with eggs and rabbits, as I see no correlation with Jesus.
This explains it quite well: http://basicinstructions.net/basic-instructions/2010/4/3/the-true-meaning-of-easter.html

Quote from: HamsterPants on April 04, 2010, 09:40:00 PM
Quote from: Hikarikuen on April 04, 2010, 08:46:23 PM
And I suppose you refuse to accept Christmas presents too.
There's nothing wrong with Christmas, but it's just not right to support the overall concept of being charitable annually rather than constantly. Which is basically exactly what that holiday has become.
True, but isn't it better to do this at least the one day? If it weren't for the holidays people would probably just forget about it all together.

Haha I like that! It all makes perfect sense now!
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

HamsterPants

Quote from: Lingus on April 05, 2010, 04:24:09 PM
This explains it quite well: http://basicinstructions.net/basic-instructions/2010/4/3/the-true-meaning-of-easter.html

Quote from: HamsterPants on April 04, 2010, 09:40:00 PM
Quote from: Hikarikuen on April 04, 2010, 08:46:23 PM
And I suppose you refuse to accept Christmas presents too.
There's nothing wrong with Christmas, but it's just not right to support the overall concept of being charitable annually rather than constantly. Which is basically exactly what that holiday has become.
True, but isn't it better to do this at least the one day? If it weren't for the holidays people would probably just forget about it all together.
You won't forget if you're a mormon.

rofl I kid,
though celebrating easter daily and spending quality family time frequently is part of their standards.
Good stuff. lol

Lol, grow up Faggle, it's celebrated with eggs and rabbits to provide fun and a bond between a family, exactly what Jesus Christ would have wanted. It's the day Jesus ressurected, we are celebrating that, by giving Jesus what he wants, Peace and love through families. (Am I right?)...Asking why Easter is celebrated with eggs and rabbits is basically like asking why birthdays are celebrated with balloons and cake...So stop being an iconoclast and next year enjoy easter with your family...Happy late Easter >_<
He would want us to do that all the time, not just once a year, like I've been saying over and over already. lol

Syco

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on April 05, 2010, 05:57:23 PM

First off, your using "grow up" and "faggle" right next to each other...though I guess remembering you from the old hangout forum as a creep and plagiarizing Venuse's work I really can't expect much from you can I? I wasn't being entirely serious either so I don't know why you flame people other than the fact that your an idiot. All that aside though, questioning why we celebrate a holiday is not iconoclastic, it's intuitive, as I'm sure somewhere down the road there's a reason for doing the things the way we do. And I actually did go on an egg hunt on Easter with my little brother to maintain holiday spirit, so don't tell me I'm anti-family.

In your post you said not one thing that made me consider not taking your statements seriously, I would have to say you caught me at, "No....!@#$ Easter.". You also just told me, "questioning why we celebrate a holiday is not iconoclastic". And I can not stress enough the fact that you stated said "No....!@#$ Easter", And in your post never questioned why we celebrate it, or really asked for anybody's opinion at all. The only reason we are having this conversation is because you were too thickheaded to do a little research on the holiday before you went and verbally bashed it. And btw...Iconoclast: One who attacks widely accepted ideas, beliefs, etc., "No....!@#$ Easter", I'll be damned if that's not being iconoclastic. Next time take a break from your simplemindedness and take consideration to the thoughts of the other forum members. Some may take offense to the statement, "No....!@#$ Easter.". And next time don't bother lashing out at me...

I'm done here. Take care everyone.