News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

An Even Stranger Question.

Started by NotoriousM4^, April 09, 2010, 04:54:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkTrinity

Quote from: RedJohnThis perception is very common and a person can be rather surprised by how their voice sounds when recorded. Most people find their recorded voice higher in pitch and somewhat thin, when compared to their spoken voice.

The vibrations produced by our larynx are transmitted to our ears through both the air and our head. We 'hear' our voices through the air and through our body. A recording of a person's voice captures only the information transmitted through the air. When played back, we hear only the portion of the sound that was transmitted through the air, without any of the colourations produced when it travels through our body. If you plug your ears very soundly and speak, you will 'hear' everything you say, but your voice will sound very different than with your ears open.

Interesting, makes sense now that you say it xD
Although in my head, my voice sounds higher and more girly, whereas my recorded voice sounds lower and more manly IMO