News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Starting in SO3

Started by Matty_Richo, October 30, 2009, 03:54:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red October

Quote from: Cactuscat222 on October 30, 2009, 06:11:44 PM
While you are correct, you are really taking it too literally, and you obviously know what Matty_Richo is referring to, but for some reason feel the need to make some correction that doesn't matter at all, nor helps the topic.

It was a major mistake in his post, I had to correct it.

You must realise since the "beginning" of the game nothing has majorly changed. The first release had 5 basic weapons, the odds of getting three of these were quite low. Nowadays we have two out of those three weapons are now buyable at the town store. However the price of these are so high that odds are that a player would get one of these as a drop, before they could even buy one at the store. Other than the tree branch, nothing has changed!

Therefore I see no point in this suggestion.

Matty_Richo

Quote from: Red October on October 30, 2009, 09:04:40 PM
Quote from: Cactuscat222 on October 30, 2009, 06:11:44 PM
While you are correct, you are really taking it too literally, and you obviously know what Matty_Richo is referring to, but for some reason feel the need to make some correction that doesn't matter at all, nor helps the topic.

It was a major mistake in his post, I had to correct it.

You must realise since the "beginning" of the game nothing has majorly changed. The first release had 5 basic weapons, the odds of getting three of these were quite low. Nowadays we have two out of those three weapons are now buyable at the town store. However the price of these are so high that odds are that a player would get one of these as a drop, before they could even buy one at the store. Other than the tree branch, nothing has changed!

Therefore I see no point in this suggestion.

there is also the hatchet, And 1000 gold is easy to get for dagger. and i am not saying i want it to be like it was when it started, just not as easy as it is now.

Forum

Officially quitted

Torch

Matty_Richo

Quote from: Forum on October 30, 2009, 09:31:33 PM
What about hats?  ???

The hats at release were:

Ninja Mask, Fireman hat, Shady Hat, Feather hat, Jester Hat, Knight Helm, Viking Helm, Bandit Mask
And santa hat

God-I-Suck

Quote from: D.edirl on November 14, 2009, 12:28:08 AM
I will, Im starting it as of July to see how well it works out for me. Im interested in hearing a little more about the call capture services. who should I contact to get some information and pricing?

..What the heck, are you talking about?

Anyways, The start of S.O. 3 should be real fun, just like the start of S.O. 2.

Snakeman

I remember fisting everything until level 16. Those were the days.

Plus S.O. 2 was really fun. Level 50 was yesterday's level 99, because all you had were short swords, and hammers, with bandits and rockies. None of this Slasher and IS and DS and SG bullshit.

That's how it needs to be started. Simple, ghetto, but cool and smooth as ice, and then work from there. Because back then everything was so !@#$ing chillbro that every person you saw was like such an awesome encounter and nowadays it's all "Oh god not this fag again."

tl;dr version: Do it like we had it in SO2, it wasn't all THAT bad.

yottabyte

Quote from: God-I-Suck on November 14, 2009, 12:37:01 AM
Quote from: D.edirl on November 14, 2009, 12:28:08 AM
I will, Im starting it as of July to see how well it works out for me. Im interested in hearing a little more about the call capture services. who should I contact to get some information and pricing?

..What the heck, are you talking about?

Anyways, The start of S.O. 3 should be real fun, just like the start of S.O. 2.
Where did you find that post? Just links me to the top of page  ???

Even tho I joined after the desert update, I agree 100% with Snakeman.

I partly quit SO. I only come online for updates and events. Have a good day. :)

NotoriousM4^

Quote from: Snakeman on November 14, 2009, 02:58:34 AM
I remember fisting everything until level 16. Those were the days.
Off topic: ...That's what she said. (couldn't resist)

On topic: Why complain about something that works pretty fine already. I don't mind how S.O. 2 starts out, however I don't necessarily think it should influence the intro to S.O.v3. I hope that one is something totally fresh and unique.

Chaos

Quote from: krele on October 30, 2009, 07:56:53 PM
Quote from: Chaos on October 30, 2009, 01:38:39 PM
Quote from: krele on October 30, 2009, 12:25:44 PM
Wasn't the whip weaker than the dagger?

Derp derp.  He said first released.  The only weapons in the game on release (not including punching/kicking/candy cane) were the dagger, short sword, and hammer.  No other weapons were in the game at that time.

And, from what I remember, the whip was never nerfed.  If it was,  I can say with certainty that the length was never ever nerfed.
I am 90% sure the whip was nerfed in size. I just remember that I just when I started, the changelog said that whip's size was reduced... Just ask Meiun, Even though it's likely he wouldn't know.

And I'm 99% sure you're wrong.  Why?  Because I'm the god damn spriter.  If the whip's length was changed, I'd have to have CHANGED it.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Riserva

Quote from: Snakeman on November 14, 2009, 02:58:34 AM
That's how it needs to be started. Simple, ghetto, but cool and smooth as ice, and then work from there. Because back then everything was so !@#$ing chillbro that every person you saw was like such an awesome encounter and nowadays it's all "Oh god not this fag again."

True that. :o

Hikarikuen

This kind of old, but it's not like these forums move too fast and I'm not on often. For some reason I'm thinking the whip used to be able to hit blobs, I might be crazy though.

Doogie

Quote from: Chaos on November 14, 2009, 03:55:55 PM
Quote from: krele on October 30, 2009, 07:56:53 PM
Quote from: Chaos on October 30, 2009, 01:38:39 PM
Quote from: krele on October 30, 2009, 12:25:44 PM
Wasn't the whip weaker than the dagger?

Derp derp.  He said first released.  The only weapons in the game on release (not including punching/kicking/candy cane) were the dagger, short sword, and hammer.  No other weapons were in the game at that time.

And, from what I remember, the whip was never nerfed.  If it was,  I can say with certainty that the length was never ever nerfed.
I am 90% sure the whip was nerfed in size. I just remember that I just when I started, the changelog said that whip's size was reduced... Just ask Meiun, Even though it's likely he wouldn't know.

And I'm 99% sure you're wrong.  Why?  Because I'm the god damn spriter.  If the whip's length was changed, I'd have to have CHANGED it.

Honestly Chaos, it wouldn't be THAT hard for Meiun to lower the length by editing the animation, nonetheless I still disagree with those who believe the whip was shortened, its stayed the same. Also the whip could never hit blobs UNLESS the blob was elevated.

Chaos

Quote from: Doogie on December 05, 2009, 08:25:59 AM
Honestly Chaos, it wouldn't be THAT hard for Meiun to lower the length by editing the animation, nonetheless I still disagree with those who believe the whip was shortened, its stayed the same. Also the whip could never hit blobs UNLESS the blob was elevated.

And yet, he still would have had me do it.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Matty_Richo

Yup, I can positively say that the Whip was never shortened nor could it ever hit blobs.