News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Stick Online HotKeyz - v1.03, Full Screen Support!

Started by Cactuscat222, February 24, 2010, 03:02:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARTgames

Quote from: krele on March 05, 2010, 12:24:04 PM

Gm has a bad scaling and fullscreen support (just to add to the list... sadly...)
It used nearest neighbor. Its cheap to compute but as you see is quite ugly.

Your window size in gm becomes same as your resolution... I proved this by:

Well that's not in dispute at all. I did over look it while Lingus was trying to make me see it for like 5 posts. :P

Also art, stick_online_new_screen_draw_width is a bad script naming habit >_>...
Well i don't name things like that in real scripting silly. Its just super specific so the reader know what I'm talking about.

I will try and put all this info into one simple post with all of Lingus good fixes.

Lingus

Quote from: ARTgames on March 05, 2010, 05:26:19 PM
Also art, stick_online_new_screen_draw_width is a bad script naming habit >_>...
Well i don't name things like that in real scripting silly. Its just super specific so the reader know what I'm talking about.

I will try and put all this info into one simple post with all of Lingus good fixes.

Actually, I have received pretty good advice not to abbreviate your variable names. The more descriptive you can be the better. If you start doing things like "SOScnDrwWdth" or whatever then there's no way you're going to remember exactly how you spelled it the next time you need to use that variable. In addition, you might forget what the abbreviation even means.

ARTgames

Quote from: Lingus on March 05, 2010, 07:11:43 PM
Quote from: ARTgames on March 05, 2010, 05:26:19 PM

Actually, I have received pretty good advice not to abbreviate your variable names. The more descriptive you can be the better. If you start doing things like "SOScnDrwWdth" or whatever then there's no way you're going to remember exactly how you spelled it the next time you need to use that variable. In addition, you might forget what the abbreviation even means.
yeah but "stick_online_new_screen_draw_width" is a bit too long. It takes a really long width and takes a while to type. there's a middle ground.

Lucifer

I'm not sure if this is possible, but if you were to implement a way for the mouse wheel to swap through your hotkeys, that would be amazing. Meaning, if you scroll up with the mouse wheel it goes from hotkey 1 to hotkey 2, or scroll down from hotkey 1 to hotkey 8, etc. I don't know if theres any way for it to remember the last hotkey it used, /shrug.

Lingus

Quote from: ARTgames on March 05, 2010, 07:42:14 PM
yeah but "stick_online_new_screen_draw_width" is a bit too long. It takes a really long width and takes a while to type. there's a middle ground.
I would point out that none of the variable names I came up with were that long, yet they were still descriptive and did not use abbreviations. Just saying.

Quote from: Lucifer on March 10, 2010, 08:54:38 PM
I'm not sure if this is possible, but if you were to implement a way for the mouse wheel to swap through your hotkeys, that would be amazing. Meaning, if you scroll up with the mouse wheel it goes from hotkey 1 to hotkey 2, or scroll down from hotkey 1 to hotkey 8, etc. I don't know if theres any way for it to remember the last hotkey it used, /shrug.
The major issue I would see with that is that the mouse wheel scroll is too fast. Because of how this kind of macro functions, it needs time in between hotkey presses. It could go one of two ways. It would either ignore your input while it is attempting to switch items and so any wheel scrolls during that time would not do anything until the macro is finished (you could probably also make sure in the code that this happens) or it would attempt to do multiple macros at a time therefore screwing up everything. I know the macro tools I was using in the past were kind of unreliable in that sense. If someone pressed keys too quickly it had the potential of messing something up.

I'm curious what is being used on this program? Something like AutoIt?

ARTgames

Quote from: Lingus on March 10, 2010, 09:10:39 PM
Quote from: ARTgames on March 05, 2010, 07:42:14 PM
I would point out that none of the variable names I came up with were that long, yet they were still descriptive and did not use abbreviations. Just saying.
I know i know. I was just wanted to say something back to you.

Cactuscat222

Aye Lingus, I programmed this with AutoIt.

Sorry I haven't gotten around to trying out your guys ideas on Full screen, I'll do that soon, I promise.

@Luci: Yeah, I could definitely try something like that in the near future. Shouldn't be too hard. My program responds pretty well to quick pressing of the keys, in the sense that it doesn't queue the actions, and it doesn't interrupt itself... though I haven't tried in awhile.

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

ARTgames

So I took the time to do it right and I checked my work.

This will help you get full screen working.

screen_width = <screen horizontal resolution here>
screen_hight = <screen vertical resolution here>

window_width = <window horizontal resolution here>
window_hight = <window vertical resolution here>

mouse_pos_click_x = <the x position you click in window>
mouse_pos_click_y = <the y position you click in window>

screen_aspect = screen_width / screen_hight
window_aspect = window_width / window_hight

mousex_aspect = mouse_pos_click_x / window_width
mousey_aspect = mouse_pos_click_y / window_hight

if ( screen_aspect > window_aspect)  // If your screen is more wide than the window.
{

new_window_width = screen_hight * window_aspect
 new_window_hight = screen_hight

mouse_click_new_x = new_window_width * mousex_aspect + ( screen_width - new_window_width ) / 2
 mouse_click_new_y = new_window_hight * mousey_aspect
}
else
{

window_aspect = window_hight / window_width

new_window_width = screen_width
 new_window_hight = screen_width * window_aspect

mouse_click_new_x = new_window_width * mousex_aspect
 mouse_click_new_y = new_window_hight * mousey_aspect + ( screen_hight - new_window_hight ) / 2
}

"mouse_click_new_x" and "mouse_click_new_y" are your new coordinates to click when in full screen. Make full screen happen now!

Turkey

Yes please, I need this so i don't have to change my resolutions when i sit back with an Xbox controller. (And more slots wouldn't hurt. :x)

Seifer

Yes! What turkey just said x 1,000,000. I used to play this all the time with a Gamepad, while watching tv shows or whatever on my second monitor, since this is mostly mindless. Since I was also watching TV, I'd lay in bed and play full screen, except I couldn't use the damn hotkeys to change around gear from afar!

Cactuscat222

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

CherryPie

Why Hello, here's an idea for SO V3.
The Game could check if the player has the process of the hkey-tool running and show it visually ingame.

e.g. if any player starts the tool (or disable the pause function if already started) a few pixels of his right arm (can be anything else, this is just an example) will be coloured red.

This will save GMs in tournaments the job to find out if anyone has hkeys enabled or not.

I didn't post this in suggestions, since I thought this topic would fit better.

igufed

Quote from: CherryPie on November 03, 2010, 04:52:50 PM
The Game could check if the player has the process of the hkey-tool running and show it visually ingame.

e.g. if any player starts the tool (or disable the pause function if already started) a few pixels of his right arm (can be anything else, this is just an example) will be coloured red.

This will save GMs in tournaments the job to find out if anyone has hkeys enabled or not.

He could probably still do it in this version..
Gettra - In development  ExcessPoker - Released v1.0

T-Rok

Quote from: igufed on November 03, 2010, 04:58:12 PM
Quote from: CherryPie on November 03, 2010, 04:52:50 PM

He could probably still do it in this version..

He can. SO already checks to see if Cheat Engine/other hack tools have processes running. Although I don't know how much editing would be required to detect the hotkeys as I've never used program detection.