News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Dropping items idea.

Started by Celson, July 07, 2009, 07:10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yottabyte

Quote from: Cactuscat222 on August 25, 2009, 05:14:52 AM
Quote from: ASD! on August 24, 2009, 02:04:42 AM
Meiun could throw a quick drop ability together for SO2, because really? Who would hack on a server where you have donate to play, it would be a major waste.

People try to hack on games they have already invested hundreds of dollars in (World of Warcraft, Maplestory, etc etc.), even if it results in a permanent ban so all that money goes to waste, but it doesn't stop them. :/

Sorry for going off-topic but when I read that I was like "Bam, thats my friend in a nutshell". He uses illegal stuff like hacks in maplestory and buy stuff for real money. He gets banned, makes a new account, buy stuff, gets banned. He has wasted like $300+ since I introduced him to maplestory.

I partly quit SO. I only come online for updates and events. Have a good day. :)

ASD!

I mean, who in the SO community right now, besides Chainsaw, would hack on SO?

Lucifer

Ya'll are thinking WAY too much. This is just a small donator server for a stick figure game no longer in development. Nobody is going to "abuse" or "exploit" the system. The only people who play this game are just fans, it's not open for the public to take advantage of. Also nobody is going to buy/sell items in this game for real money, it's just a !@#$ing stick figure game, who would? And what economy are you speaking of, Lingus? This game HAS no economy because it HAS no trading system. The lot of you are thinking about this game from a long-term point of view, but it doesn't HAVE a long term, the server will most likely go down when So3 comes.

Anyways, I'd greatly appreciate any kind of trading system for so2, even one as simple as dropping. I don't see why it has to be completely "secure", I'd think everyone who plays this game has enough respect for it to use it properly. But maybe I put too much faith in humans.

But I go both ways, I'm also fine with no trading whatsoever. Once trading is implimented, all the rare items are going to be much easier to acquire, and imo it would be a little boring if everyone got every item.

ASD!

But the pros out weight the cons. The forums could have a new, thriving section: Trades. Gold could actually be used for something. High level people with no luck, like Cero, could get the item they've been wanting, and it would make the game that much better. And really, WHY would someone hack SO2 on a donor server, it is nothing like Maplestroy

Cactuscat222

Okay once again, we are all arguing for no point, since we aren't all on the same page.

@Luci, when I was talking about scamming and exploiting, I was talking about a trade system in SO v3, not a simple one in SOv2. Any game out there, specifically MMO's, is subject to some form of people wanting to get better than everyone else through less-than-legal means. I was saying in SOv3, as a free game and a thriving community, you are going to have to be ready for scamming and what not.

I'm all for a SOv2 drop system.

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

Lingus

Quote from: Lucifer on August 26, 2009, 04:27:21 PM
And what economy are you speaking of, Lingus? This game HAS no economy because it HAS no trading system.
I guess I'm using the term loosely. If you think of how people view the value of an item now, even though they can't trade it, that's what I'm referring to. People will see the GS as more valuable than the SS because it is more rare and has better stats. But, if some hack or exploit were found with a drop system that allowed people to dupe items, they could dupe GS's, or any item for that matter, and the rarity of an item would no longer factor into its value at all, because anyone could get one from someone else who already has one just by duping it.

I get what you're saying, but I still think this kind of thing is going to happen no matter what. There's going to be someone, or some small group of people who will try to exploit this, regardless of the size of the community. And the fact that this is a small server just for donors means that something like that happening would be even more of a big deal. It would be a slap in the face to Meiun because this server is a thank you from him. And it would be a slap in the face to all of the donors who want to play this game legitimately. Once some exploit like duping comes out, you can't go back.

@Cactuscat: I think everyone is on the same page except you. We're talking about a potential SO2 drop system AND a fully functioning trade system for SO3.

ASD!

I'm quite sure Meiun would ban the exploiter, and issue and advisory to all people who have duped item to delete, at risk of being banned, because there would be something on the log about people picking up those items

Lingus

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Meiun wouldn't do everything in his power to make sure people don't exploit any systems he implements. But... that's exactly why he's NOT going to slap together a drop system for SO2. It's hard enough to make sure a system isn't exploitable, but if he were to rush something or not spend very much effort on it, there's a good chance some flaw will turn up. It's even possible that this flaw will make it so people can get away with doing it. At that point the only way Meiun will know if someone is duping is if they tell him...

I honestly don't think he's ever going to be convinced to spend the time to implement a drop system for SO2. It's not really worth the effort. The game is great as is. Adding a drop system allows too many potential possibilities for that balance to be ruined. Even if everything works as intended, it's possible that the ability to drop trade will kill some of the simplicity of the game.

I say we should all wait for SO3 to be able to trade. Keep in mind, this is coming from arguably one of the unluckiest people to play this game. If I could get someone to drop trade me an IS that would be awesome! But I'd rather not screw up the game.

Lucifer

ARTgames

Quote from: Lingus on August 26, 2009, 06:22:18 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Meiun wouldn't do everything in his power to make sure people don't exploit any systems he implements. But... that's exactly why he's NOT going to slap together a drop system for SO2. It's hard enough to make sure a system isn't exploitable, but if he were to rush something or not spend very much effort on it, there's a good chance some flaw will turn up. It's even possible that this flaw will make it so people can get away with doing it. At that point the only way Meiun will know if someone is duping is if they tell him...

I honestly don't think he's ever going to be convinced to spend the time to implement a drop system for SO2. It's not really worth the effort. The game is great as is. Adding a drop system allows too many potential possibilities for that balance to be ruined. Even if everything works as intended, it's possible that the ability to drop trade will kill some of the simplicity of the game.

I say we should all wait for SO3 to be able to trade. Keep in mind, this is coming from arguably one of the unluckiest people to play this game. If I could get someone to drop trade me an IS that would be awesome! But I'd rather not screw up the game.

this + meiuns post = nuff said.

Cactuscat222

Oh I was on the same page then.

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here