News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Lucifer's Idea List

Started by Lucifer, July 03, 2009, 05:29:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EpicPhailure

Yeah, but it would kind of be...uh, awkward. It would be like no one was at the tourney except for the competitors. One thing that makes up a successful tournament is an audience.

Lingus

Quote from: ARTgames on July 12, 2009, 07:44:20 PM
Quote from: Lucifer on July 12, 2009, 07:09:12 PM
Quote from: ARTgames on July 12, 2009, 04:25:34 PM
Or some one can stream it out over the Internet.
The point of the screens isn't so that more people can see them, I thought I had made that quite clear. The point is so people fighting at the arena have their lag reduced because of the lack of people, and can actually have fair fights.

If people were watching a stream of it they don't haft to in the arena or even logged.

AKA making the game less laggy and less people using meiuns server. They could have a official stream that moderated and you could tell people when its there turn to fight. They log in the other people can log out ect. They would only halft to have like 4 people there. 2 fighting 1 streaming and a GM to watch over.(Or the gm can both stream and moderate) And its a lot easier for some ones pc to Handel 4 people than 40.

and if people want to go into another zone and train and keep a eye on whats happening they could just have stick online open and the stream in another window next to it.

And the best part of all this is that the system already made and meiun does not half to program a thing and its all free.
That would be entirely different and much more complex from what Lucifer has suggested. That would entail somehow sending out the graphical information from the server to some web based portal of some kind. Massive amounts of work. Whereas the idea Lucifer suggested would not require anything more than what is already in the game. The system is already in place to press Ctrl and center the view on the arena, it would just have to be tweeked a bit to allow the same thing from a different section of the game world.

ARTgames

Quote from: Lingus on July 13, 2009, 08:35:48 PM
Quote from: ARTgames on July 12, 2009, 07:44:20 PM
Quote from: Lucifer on July 12, 2009, 07:09:12 PM
Quote from: ARTgames on July 12, 2009, 04:25:34 PM
Or some one can stream it out over the Internet.
The point of the screens isn't so that more people can see them, I thought I had made that quite clear. The point is so people fighting at the arena have their lag reduced because of the lack of people, and can actually have fair fights.

If people were watching a stream of it they don't haft to in the arena or even logged.

AKA making the game less laggy and less people using meiuns server. They could have a official stream that moderated and you could tell people when its there turn to fight. They log in the other people can log out ect. They would only halft to have like 4 people there. 2 fighting 1 streaming and a GM to watch over.(Or the gm can both stream and moderate) And its a lot easier for some ones pc to Handel 4 people than 40.

and if people want to go into another zone and train and keep a eye on whats happening they could just have stick online open and the stream in another window next to it.

And the best part of all this is that the system already made and meiun does not half to program a thing and its all free.
That would be entirely different and much more complex from what Lucifer has suggested. That would entail somehow sending out the graphical information from the server to some web based portal of some kind. Massive amounts of work. Whereas the idea Lucifer suggested would not require anything more than what is already in the game. The system is already in place to press Ctrl and center the view on the arena, it would just have to be tweeked a bit to allow the same thing from a different section of the game world.

please read all the post befor you make yours.

Lingus

Oh, you mentioned using UStream... well... that just doesn't make sense. This is a forum to suggest ideas that would be added to the programming of the game. You're suggesting that people use a 3rd party software so someone's idea doesn't need to be added. Again, pointless as Lucifer's original idea shouldn't be too complicated to add to the game. And in my opinion it would be much better than using a Ustream type of software. That would require someone there to actually be streaming, and if no one wanted to then you'd lose that functionality. Plus you're suggesting that people log out of the game while they aren't involved in the tournament and to me that's just crazy. You don't want to force people to log out of an online game. They should just be able to go somewhere else in the game world and be able to still view the arena...

ARTgames

Quote from: Lingus on July 14, 2009, 03:15:12 PM
Oh, you mentioned using UStream... well... that just doesn't make sense. This is a forum to suggest ideas that would be added to the programming of the game. You're suggesting that people use a 3rd party software so someone's idea doesn't need to be added. Again, pointless as Lucifer's original idea shouldn't be too complicated to add to the game. And in my opinion it would be much better than using a Ustream type of software. That would require someone there to actually be streaming, and if no one wanted to then you'd lose that functionality. Plus you're suggesting that people log out of the game while they aren't involved in the tournament and to me that's just crazy. You don't want to force people to log out of an online game. They should just be able to go somewhere else in the game world and be able to still view the arena...

just trying to help man.

Lucifer

Both of the ideas could work, however I was just suggesting a simple idea that wouldn't require anyone having to Record the entire thing... Not only would the delay between what we were seeing and what was actually happening be annoying in the stream but we would have to wait for whoever was up next to log in. Anyways, Lingus wasn't attacking your idea, he was just pointing out that it's rather unnecessary.

ARTgames

There are lots of flaws in it but im not going on. You just seem to want to prove me wrong more than trying to come up with a good idea.

Lucifer

Ugh.. Art.. will you stop with the doucheyness. Nobody is TRYING to prove you wrong, they're just arguing that your idea is completely unnecesary. Please don't leave snide comments then say you're not going to go on, thats just rude.

niwXOR

Quote from: Lucifer on July 14, 2009, 03:50:13 PM
Ugh.. Art.. will you stop with the doucheyness. Nobody is TRYING to prove you wrong, they're just arguing that your idea is completely unnecesary. Please don't leave snide comments then say you're not going to go on, thats just rude.

Than stop talking about it and go on. Im not arguing with my sealf in these topics. Im sorry if im trying to defend my ideas but also so are you. It just seems to me that you people dont read my who post or get my who post.

Ill even help stop it. your Draggable Windows is good idea. Do you have anything else to ad on this list?

Lucifer

I'm asking you politely to stop jumping to conclusions whenever you argue with people, that's all. Lingus was only trying to help too, yet you act as if hes out to get you. Theres nothing to stop or start here, you just need to actually learn to take advice and not argue with it. No, I don't have any new ideas to contribute at the moment, sorry D:.

ARTgames

ok than! ill do that. also what the bbb idea was for both so2 and 2?

Lucifer

I meant the BBB idea for So2 and So3, mainly for So2 though :3.

ARTgames

Do you also buy the box you put you stuff in or is it just given to you when you start the game? It would be nice it this was a use for gold. i would play it.