News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

The name of the new Bandit boss

Started by Lingus, July 09, 2009, 07:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What should the generally accepted name of the new boss be?

Bandit Assassin (BA)
28 (60.9%)
Dark Bandit (DB)
9 (19.6%)
Bandit Boss (BB)
7 (15.2%)
Bandit Leader (BL)
2 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 43

JoEL

Quote from: Lucifer on July 10, 2009, 03:28:32 AM
Quote from: JoEL on July 10, 2009, 01:17:24 AM
Who ever picked BA (Bandit Assassin) should come out of the closet, that's the gayest name I've ever come across...

Let's just call it Bandit Boss, as Meiun said it's name IN THE GAME was.
Who cares if two names clash (Black Bunny and Bandit Boss) Why not change the Bunnies name? To Black Bunny Rabbit? BBR?
or BBun, w/e...
Who cares? I care, and I'm a stupid moron, blah blah blah blah blah...

About a free and relaxing game? It's ridiculous....If you yell BB everyone comes running whether it's a Black Bunny or Bandit Boss / Bandit Assassin / Bandit Bouncer WHAT EVER YOU CALL IT.

ARTgames

Or you do what i do and yell out BB BA BM!

Petro

Whenever I see one, I just say boss.

CherryPie

Didn't Chaos stated, that Bandit Assassin was the official name for it, or did I got anythin' wrong?

Lingus

Quote from: Seifer on July 09, 2009, 11:46:19 PM
How about... BN

because it's easier to type.
Yea, but what would that stand for?

Quote from: JoEL on July 10, 2009, 06:31:47 AM
Quote from: Lucifer on July 10, 2009, 03:28:32 AM
Quote from: JoEL on July 10, 2009, 01:17:24 AM
Who ever picked BA (Bandit Assassin) should come out of the closet, that's the gayest name I've ever come across...

Let's just call it Bandit Boss, as Meiun said it's name IN THE GAME was.
Who cares if two names clash (Black Bunny and Bandit Boss) Why not change the Bunnies name? To Black Bunny Rabbit? BBR?
or BBun, w/e...
Who cares? I care, and I'm a stupid moron, blah blah blah blah blah...

About a free and relaxing game? It's ridiculous....If you yell BB everyone comes running whether it's a Black Bunny or Bandit Boss / Bandit Assassin / Bandit Bouncer WHAT EVER YOU CALL IT.
Dude, Joel, you're ridiculous. It looks like a vast majority of people prefer Bandit Assassin. There's nothing wrong with that name anyways. How is it gay in any way?

Honestly the point of this post was to find out what most people were going to be calling this boss so that I and everyone else could use the same term. Monsters have never really had "official" names. There's nothing in the game that tells you their name and so people have just used the generally accepted term for them. I don't know if Meiun has actual names for the monsters coded in the program, but even so it doesn't show to the player so we can call them whatever we want. Since majority generally rules in trends like this, I decided to put it to a vote to find out what the majority really thinks. And I got the answer. People can continue to call this monster whatever they want, but in general it looks like most people will call it the Bandit Assassin and when it spawns they're going to type "BA". If you call it something different, you'll likely confuse most people because they're calling it a Bandit Assassin.

So I hope that ends that line of debate...

Torch

Lingus

I think it's pretty well established that almost everyone calls it a Bandit Assassin or BA now. But, like I said before, anyone is welcome to use another name, they just have to understand that a majority of people will be confused by it.

crozier

Bandit leader sounds stupid.
BB...I thought that was black bunny?
DB, da bandit?

Overall I like BA.

Meiun

Personally I agree with the vote, and like Bandit Assassin best. Unless you all have any big objections to it, I guess it can be officially stated that "Bandit Assassin" is now it's official name.

ArtGames

Chaos

Speaking as the 'spriter' of it, the 'official' name of it was Bandit Boss.  However, that was just a generic name I gave to refer to it.  I think Bandit Assassin is probably the best name of what's listed.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Lingus

Yea, I remember that being said a few times. My point for this post was to find out what everyone was going to be calling it since the "official" names for monsters aren't always known (unless Meiun or someone tells us). Plus, after finding out the official name was Bandit Boss, and seeing everyone call out "BB" when they spawned, and all the confusion that ensued because I'm sure some people read that as Blue Blob or Black Bunny... I thought a different name should be used...

Anyways, sounds good. I'm glad almost everyone could agree on a name.