News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Some quitting Facebook as privacy concerns escalate

Started by Scotty, May 13, 2010, 05:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotty

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on May 18, 2010, 03:45:27 PM
Quote from: Scotty on May 18, 2010, 02:52:14 PM
Quote from: Syco on May 18, 2010, 11:22:30 AM
Imma creeper...Not gunna lie... I will invade your privacy one photo album at a time... Have a nice day everyone :)

And I here I thought I was the only one who would randomly search for chick's profiles, download their pictures, then obsess over them by photoshop'ing them into hot women with large breasts and perfect hourglass bodies, then printing them out, cutting out the image, and covering my walls with them.  It's kinda funny when I actually walk by said women on the street and greet them with a "Hi!  I stare at your photos on my walls all the time!  Might I suggest some surgical changes to perfect your otherwise mediocre figure?"

Christ. Just go to a whore house already.

Been lookin' 'round, can't find any.  Which one were you conceived in?

LeGuy

QuoteWhich one were you conceived in?

Now that was just harsh, right there.
Whee!

Kbob32

Quote from: LeGuy on May 18, 2010, 07:07:26 PM
QuoteWhich one were you conceived in?

Now that was just harsh, right there.

Harsh, but I loled a little, Sorry pwn =3

on topic, I never bothered with facebook, I just recently started using Myspace.  mainly because my family is on facebook and if I got on there and added friends then they might conflict and my parents could learn things that I dont want them to know ;)
VIVA LA RESISTANCE!!!!!!!!!

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Scotty on May 18, 2010, 04:10:22 PM
Imma creeper...Not gunna lie... I will invade your privacy one photo album at a time... Have a nice day everyone :)

And I here I thought I was the only one who would randomly search for chick's profiles, download their pictures, then obsess over them by photoshop'ing them into hot women with large breasts and perfect hourglass bodies, then printing them out, cutting out the image, and covering my walls with them.  It's kinda funny when I actually walk by said women on the street and greet them with a "Hi!  I stare at your photos on my walls all the time!  Might I suggest some surgical changes to perfect your otherwise mediocre figure?"

I'm not exactly sure where I was conceived. All I know is that I was born in a submarine 4000ft below sea level when the pressure gauge failed and caused my birth mom to get the bends. Basically, she exploded and the force of the explosion rocketed me to the top of the ocean where I landed in a local fisherman's boat. I was the only survivor. True story.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

ARTgames

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on May 19, 2010, 06:05:29 PM

I'm not exactly sure where I was conceived. All I know is that I was born in a submarine 4000ft below sea level when the pressure gauge failed and caused my birth mom to get the bends. Basically, she exploded and the force of the explosion rocketed me to the top of the ocean where I landed in a local fisherman's boat. I was the only survivor. True story.

>_<.... you missed something....

After the sub exploded you did get rocketed up. But you also did get swallowed by a whale. The whale got illegally poached. When they opened the whale they saw you. But they did not want to alert the authority so they attached you to there spear gun and shot you over to an American cruise ship.

That's how you even got to the US. Evey one knows only Russian subs can explode. The only reason i know that is because my cousin worked on that poaching ship for 30 years.

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: ARTgames on May 19, 2010, 07:02:36 PM
Quote from: Mr Pwnage on May 19, 2010, 06:05:29 PM

And I here I thought I was the only one who would randomly search for chick's profiles, download their pictures, then obsess over them by photoshop'ing them into hot women with large breasts and perfect hourglass bodies, then printing them out, cutting out the image, and covering my walls with them.  It's kinda funny when I actually walk by said women on the street and greet them with a "Hi!  I stare at your photos on my walls all the time!  Might I suggest some surgical changes to perfect your otherwise mediocre figure?"

Been lookin' 'round, can't find any.  Which one were you conceived in?

>_<.... you missed something....

After the sub exploded you did get rocketed up. But you also did get swallowed by a whale. The whale got illegally poached. When they opened the whale they saw you. But they did not want to alert the authority so they attached you to there spear gun and shot you over to an American cruise ship.

That's how you even got to the US. Evey one knows only Russian subs can explode. The only reason i know that is because my cousin worked on that poaching ship for 30 years.

Small world eh?
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

DarkTrinity

Quote from: Pizzaz99 on May 14, 2010, 03:27:34 PM
Facebook is just one big handjob to everyone that uses it. Everyone goes on updates their status !@#$ing 40 times a day and takes a billion quizzes that make them feel like people give a shit. LIES!
I have never used facebook but why would I need a website to talk to people that live right near me. Seriously the most useless shit ever made.

That sounds more like Twitter and not Facebook... I actually find Facebook quite convenient and helpful for keeping in touch with people. By your comment, you must be in middle/highschool.... because once your in college, half your friends move to different states. And that's what Facebook was originally made for: people in college. Then they expanded it so everyone under the sun could use it.
Also, I've had a close friend from elementary school find me on facebook a few years ago. She had moved to Missouri after 5th grade and lost touch with her. Now we talk to eachother often and she's planning to come back to MN after college and visit. You can't do that with email/phone numbers.
Another thing it helps me with is events/birthdays. Being my memory span is about as bad as a goldfish's, it's nice to have facebook remind me about graduation parties and birthdays.

Scotty

Quote from: DarkTrinity on May 24, 2010, 07:19:33 PM
Being my memory span is about as bad as a goldfish's

... *blink*... *blink*...

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...

What's next, you have an Adam's Apple?

ARTgames

Quote from: DarkTrinity on May 24, 2010, 07:19:33 PM
Quote from: Pizzaz99 on May 14, 2010, 03:27:34 PM
Facebook is just one big handjob to everyone that uses it. Everyone goes on updates their status !@#$ing 40 times a day and takes a billion quizzes that make them feel like people give a shit. LIES!
I have never used facebook but why would I need a website to talk to people that live right near me. Seriously the most useless shit ever made.

That sounds more like Twitter and not Facebook...

Twitter is what you make it. If you follow people on Twitter that do that than stop following them. My Twitter stream looks nothing like that.

Lingus

Quote from: DarkTrinity on May 24, 2010, 07:19:33 PMAlso, I've had a close friend from elementary school find me on facebook a few years ago.
That... is exactly why I am not on Facebook. I think I would have nightmares if people from back in elementary school found me and started contacting me. I've lost contact with people for a reason. In general it's because one person or the other has lost interest. If I really wanted to keep in contact with someone, even if they moved out of state or whatever, I would have kept in contact with them somehow. You send eachother emails or phone calls occasionally and make sure your contact info stays up to date...

All this tracking people down through a website just gives me the creeps. I actually had a friend who lost contact with me look me up within a few hours of me joining Facebook. What the hell was he doing? Sitting around on Facebook looking up my name every so often until I joined? And if he were that interested in looking me up, he has my freaking phone number! He could have called me several times in the past years and kept in touch if he really wanted to. As it is I'm not going to be his friend again because he searched for me on a website... Forget that.

DarkTrinity

Quote from: Lingus on May 24, 2010, 07:59:07 PM
Quote from: DarkTrinity on May 24, 2010, 07:19:33 PMAlso, I've had a close friend from elementary school find me on facebook a few years ago.
That... is exactly why I am not on Facebook. I think I would have nightmares if people from back in elementary school found me and started contacting me. I've lost contact with people for a reason. In general it's because one person or the other has lost interest. If I really wanted to keep in contact with someone, even if they moved out of state or whatever, I would have kept in contact with them somehow. You send eachother emails or phone calls occasionally and make sure your contact info stays up to date...

All this tracking people down through a website just gives me the creeps. I actually had a friend who lost contact with me look me up within a few hours of me joining Facebook. What the hell was he doing? Sitting around on Facebook looking up my name every so often until I joined? And if he were that interested in looking me up, he has my freaking phone number! He could have called me several times in the past years and kept in touch if he really wanted to. As it is I'm not going to be his friend again because he searched for me on a website... Forget that.

Only thing is we were in fifth grade... No one had an email. I guess it doesn't really bother me if old friends look for me, because I've sat around and thought about old friends wondering "how are they", "are they still alive", "what have they been up to". and the funny part is, when I first joined facebook I actually tried finding her on there except she didnt have one at the time... And a year later, she found me. lol. Also, my Facebook is private, so people can't actually see my personal info or photos unless I add them/poke them.

Lingus

On that note I understand it is still possible to see your comments/posts if someone else who has a public account comments on your status... or something to that effect. If someone were to go to that person's profile they would see your status that they commented on. So in reality, you have no way of making everything on your profile private. At least from what I have been told. And a lot of the other things about the privacy settings are very obscure and difficult to figure out. Again, from what I've been told.

In any case, even if people can't see the stuff in your profile, they can still see that you have an account. That's one of the things I don't particularly care for. I really only want people I specifically add to know anything about my account, even that it exists.