News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Wtf... No, seriously, Wtf

Started by Jake, June 11, 2010, 04:11:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkTrinity

Wow, what is wrong with children & their parents these days...?
Why is a 3 year old going to a store on her own in the first place...?
Whatever, the parents act like their ignorant to this going on and claim the children complain when they take their cigs away. Well too !@#$ing bad, take them away, give 'em a nicotine patch & tell em to shut the hell up. Those kids are gonna be dead by the time they hit 20.

Scotty

The way society is going, we can only hope they don't live past 20 ;)

I love the Indonesian boy's mother's excuse "But he gets angry and cries and beats his head into the wall!"  If that was me, or even God forbid MY father (Meiun's father could also agree), our Grandpa would've thwapped the shit out of them!

EDIT: Besides, in 3 more years, this girl will be working at Foxconn jumping off the roof of the building in no time!  Life is too short to sit idle when you could be getting plastered and thieving before you hit your average life expectancy (which is about as far as I can throw you, you industrious little squirts)!

DivineLegend

everything is happening at a younger age nowadays, kids getting pregnant at 12, kids smoking at younger, man, when i was 12, all i worried about was losing teeth. ok not that old. you get my point though.

CherryPie

Yeah same here. And if it continious like that, loosing your virginity at 13 and start smoking at 11 will be the new averages.
But I don't get the children, why do they want it? Only because they can? They aren't supposed to do that.
I think the problem in that case are the parents, because not they, but the TV and now also the internet are children education nowadays.

EpicPhailure

I think that each continuing generation is getting increasingly spoiled by technology and the modern world. Because of what machines can already do that we used to have to work hard for, children take them for granted and act differently from what they would be like if that object didn't exist and they'd have to do it "manually" (depends on what it is).

Lingus

Quote from: EpicPhailure on June 13, 2010, 06:53:54 PM
I think that each continuing generation is getting increasingly spoiled by technology and the modern world. Because of what machines can already do that we used to have to work hard for, children take them for granted and act differently from what they would be like if that object didn't exist and they'd have to do it "manually" (depends on what it is).
That's definitely true, and I find it interesting that someone of a younger generation can see that in themselves. For instance, a few years younger than myself would not have had to go through driving without cell phones and/or internet based maps. When I was first starting to drive, I had neither of those things. If I needed to find out where I was going, we had the Thomas Bros. If I got lost, we had pay phones. Now kids starting to drive don't have to think about that. They have nav systems built into their phones or cars. If those things went down, and they had no cell phone, I'm not sure that they would even know what to do. And as technology's progress increases its pace, each generation will have more and more luxuries. But really, this is how it has always been, it's just happening faster now that it was before, and it will happen faster in the future than it is now.

Chaos

Quote from: Lingus on June 14, 2010, 02:08:02 PM
Quote from: EpicPhailure on June 13, 2010, 06:53:54 PM
That's definitely true, and I find it interesting that someone of a younger generation can see that in themselves. For instance, a few years younger than myself would not have had to go through driving without cell phones and/or internet based maps. When I was first starting to drive, I had neither of those things. If I needed to find out where I was going, we had the Thomas Bros. If I got lost, we had pay phones. Now kids starting to drive don't have to think about that. They have nav systems built into their phones or cars. If those things went down, and they had no cell phone, I'm not sure that they would even know what to do. And as technology's progress increases its pace, each generation will have more and more luxuries. But really, this is how it has always been, it's just happening faster now that it was before, and it will happen faster in the future than it is now.

And the people driving long before you didn't even have that.  Boy, what luxury YOU had...

As you said, that's how it's always been.  My point being that it's really a pointless argument.  "Kids have it easy these days!"  Yeah, well, the person saying that has it easier than someone living in the 1800's.  That's kinda the definition of 'progress'.  Of course children these days are going to act differently than previous generations to what we have.  This isn't new.  It's NORMAL.  I'd be more worried if a kid were acting like it's 1950, frankly.

I'm sorry, but those posts are so nonsensical.  Yes, kids have it easier these days.  I guess what I'm getting at is, so what?
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Lingus

Well, to be honest I was simply carrying on the conversation with an observation. As you said, I pointed out exactly what you're saying in my post.

To bring this back to the original topic, I think technological progress is not necessarily related to children getting involved in more "adult" activities such as sex and/or substance abuse. I think the reason that happens is related to their environment. In this case, the family lives in a shelter and collect trash. They're clearly not great conditions for a child. No, it's not an excuse for this kind of activities in a 3 year old, but it's certainly a good place to start looking for a reason.

More mild examples would include small towns where teen pregnancies and drug rates are high. They have nothing better to do with themselves. Obviously, if the community is centered around religion or other community based activities this is lessened. But the fact is, they are doing this because of their environment. It really doesn't have anything to do with younger generations getting into these things sooner.

ARTgames

I can see this at least to one kid with 6bill of people in this world. Not saying its ok to do. I dislike cancer sticks and Jesus blood. But its additive, make money move, and kills slowly. So i don't see it leaving.

Lingus

Quote from: ARTgames on June 14, 2010, 05:43:46 PMJesus blood
Lol! I'm guessing you're referring to wine, or alcohol in general? I've never heard it referred to that (I get the referrence though obviously.)

ARTgames

Yeah its wine but i do mean alcohol in general. :P

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: ARTgames on June 14, 2010, 05:53:27 PM

So would the slang term for an Alcoholic Mudslide be "Jesus Diarrhea"?
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Lingus

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on June 15, 2010, 10:27:51 PM
Quote from: ARTgames on June 14, 2010, 05:53:27 PM

So would the slang term for an Alcoholic Mudslide be "Jesus Diarrhea"?
No... No it would not.