News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Worthwhile programs that you should download

Started by Chaos, April 11, 2010, 04:32:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucifer

EndItAll2
Quote from: WebsiteEndItAll 2 lists all the programs running on your system, and lets you decide which ones to close down. The processes necessary for basic system operation are protected from termination. From the remaining processes, you can choose which to close, which to kill (close down forcibly), and which to protect. Once you know which files you want to shut down, you can configure EndItAll for automatic action via script or batch file. This is useful for backups and defrags during off-hours. Options let you block power management and the screen saver during operation.
I recommend you know what you're doing when dicking around with processes, it's the same as opening up task manager, just more user friendly. I've used this program occasionally for the past few years, whenever I'm running way too much shit and need a little speed up.

Mr Pwnage

@Lucifer:

Do you find it more efficient than task manager in terms of how it goes about shutting down things (how fast it is able to terminate) or is the only benefit of the program a more user-friendly GUI?
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Lucifer

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on June 15, 2010, 10:30:47 PM
@Lucifer:

Do you find it more efficient than task manager in terms of how it goes about shutting down things (how fast it is able to terminate) or is the only benefit of the program a more user-friendly GUI?
It's incredibly fast, and extremely easy to use. One click of a button can close or kill any process you want. Doesn't matter how many things you want it to terminate, it generally takes less than 5 seconds, and it'll usually warn you before you do something completely stupid. Also when using task manager you're given a wall of processes that you have to look up one by one if you're curious about them, EndItAll provides short descriptions of their functions, and also the location of where the .exe starts. I.E: svchost.exe - Generic Host Process for Win32 Services - c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe. Or, hamachi-2.exe - Hamachi2 Client Tunneling Engine - c:\program files\logmein hamachi\hamachi-2.exe.

I think it's kinda nifty, although I'm sure theres other more legit looking programs that do the same thing, I just don't know of im.

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Lucifer on June 16, 2010, 02:10:16 PM
Quote from: Mr Pwnage on June 15, 2010, 10:30:47 PM
@Lucifer:

It's incredibly fast, and extremely easy to use. One click of a button can close or kill any process you want. Doesn't matter how many things you want it to terminate, it generally takes less than 5 seconds, and it'll usually warn you before you do something completely stupid. Also when using task manager you're given a wall of processes that you have to look up one by one if you're curious about them, EndItAll provides short descriptions of their functions, and also the location of where the .exe starts. I.E: svchost.exe - Generic Host Process for Win32 Services - c:\windows\system32\svchost.exe. Or, hamachi-2.exe - Hamachi2 Client Tunneling Engine - c:\program files\logmein hamachi\hamachi-2.exe.

I think it's kinda nifty, although I'm sure theres other more legit looking programs that do the same thing, I just don't know of im.

Well that sounds pretty useful, I'll DL it and give it a try later.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php