News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

A thought on Luck

Started by Forum, July 21, 2010, 10:33:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forum

On some MMOs when you create your account at a certain time your born "Lucky". And you automatically and are destined to get certain items. Is Stick online like that? Because it seemed that the accounts i've been on have gotten drops from different boss monsters that the other hasn't at an extremely low level to high level :o.
Officially quitted

Meiun

Nope, no accounts are any more "lucky" than any other.

JoEL

Quote from: Forum on July 21, 2010, 10:33:12 PM
      On some MMOs when you create your account at a certain time your born "Lucky". And you automatically and are destined to get certain items. Is Stick online like that? Because it seemed that the accounts i've been on have gotten drops from different boss monsters that the other hasn't at an extremely low level to high level :o.

This topic should be renamed "Some bullshit I just made up on luck". No game has this stupid ass "luck" thing you made up.

Forum

Quote from: JoEL on July 22, 2010, 02:19:45 AM

This topic should be renamed "Some bullshit I just made up on luck". No game has this stupid ass "luck" thing you made up.
Shut up sir almost every post you make is negative.
Officially quitted

Mystery

It's all random chance, like Meiun said. The only real influence you have over it is how often you kill the monsters to get the drops. The more you kill that certain monster, the better the chance you have to get what you want.

Quote from: Forum on July 22, 2010, 02:28:15 PM
Quote from: JoEL on July 22, 2010, 02:19:45 AM

Shut up sir almost every post you make is negative.
Don't feed the fire. JoEL (as well as several other people here, I'm sorry to say) dislikes you, and as such tend to be harsh in a lot of their replies to you. But you usually egg them on.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Torch

Quote from: Mystery on July 22, 2010, 03:22:45 PM
It's all random chance, like Meiun said. The only real influence you have over it is how often you kill the monsters to get the drops. The more you kill that certain monster, the better the chance you have to get what you want.
Nope, the chance for a monster to drop a specific item never changes.

Mystery

Quote from: Torch on July 22, 2010, 03:41:41 PM
That's not what I meant. I realize the number doesn't change, I'm just saying, you'll have a better chance to get a Spire Dagger from a BA if you kill it 1,000 times versus 100 times.

Torch

Quote from: Mystery on July 22, 2010, 03:45:13 PM
That's not what I meant. I realize the number doesn't change, I'm just saying, you'll have a better chance to get a Spire Dagger from a BA if you kill it 1,000 times versus 100 times.
I have killed a BA 1000 times and I still have the same chance to get a Spire Dagger as someone who has never fought a BA.

Mystery

Quote from: Torch on July 22, 2010, 03:57:47 PM
I have killed a BA 1000 times and I still have the same chance to get a Spire Dagger as someone who has never fought a BA.
That's true, but do you think someone is going to get a Spire Dagger on their first try? That's very unlikely. Everyone who has gotten a Spire Dagger thus far has fought them lots of times. You're missing my point.

I'm saying that YES, the actual chance of a SD dropping stays the same consistently. But if you kill a BA repeatedly, you'll be much more likely to get an SD later than on your first one.

EDIT: Perhaps I should have said 'more likely' instead of 'better chance' earlier.

Looperpuck

Quote from: Mystery on July 22, 2010, 04:03:16 PM
That's true, but do you think someone is going to get a Spire Dagger on their first try? That's very unlikely. Everyone who has gotten a Spire Dagger thus far has fought them lots of times. You're missing my point.
It has Happened before, and yeah the person that dose have more BA kills is "More Likely" to get a good drop, but it has happened before when one "Lucky" player comes along and gets 2 or 3 hits on their first BA and gets a spire dagger. When you have that outcome, I don't think you can fully come to the conclusion that there is no "Luck"

~Looperpuck
Resurrected

Mr Pwnage

I love it when people fondle words for the sake of fondling words...haha.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Torch

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on July 22, 2010, 04:31:25 PM
I love it when people fondle words for the sake of fondling words...haha.
I just love fondling in general.

Chaos

Seriously?  You know he's talking about theoretical probability on multiple rolls, and you're just trying to be difficult.

The chances of rolling a 6 on a 6-sider on your first roll and on your 1000th roll are exactly the same, YES.  But, the theoretical probability of NOT rolling a 6 in ANY of the previous 999 rolls is ASTRONOMICALLY low, while the chances of not rolling a 6 on the FIRST roll is 5/6.

EDIT:  Also, Forum, your claim is crap; I have never heard of a single MMO that has EVER used a system like that.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Delicious

Quote from: Chaos on July 22, 2010, 06:08:10 PM
Seriously?  You know he's talking about theoretical probability on multiple rolls, and you're just trying to be difficult.

The chances of rolling a 6 on a 6-sider on your first roll and on your 1000th roll are exactly the same, YES.  But, the theoretical probability of NOT rolling a 6 in ANY of the previous 999 rolls is ASTRONOMICALLY low, while the chances of not rolling a 6 on the FIRST roll is 5/6.

Well explained, my friend.  ;)
<3

Lingus

I want to know what MMOs Forum is referring to that uses that Luck system... so that I can never play them... ever.