News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

When will Stickonline be released to Public?

Started by Maxwell10206, July 12, 2009, 09:46:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxwell10206

I was wondering when the game will be released to the public? So you don't have to donate to play the game.

Josh

well the release date of SOv3 is not yet known but SOv2 remains that you have to donate. But when SOv3 is ready it will be free to play.

Maxwell10206

Josh

well noone knows but im gueesing around Feb 2010

Maxwell10206

In your own opinion do you think the game is worth $10?

Josh

Id say so theres a good community theres cool weapons and hats to collect and i love the cartoon theme :D

Maxwell10206

Sorry with all these questions, but I like to know stuff before I buy it. Is the game hard to level up in like Runescape? Ive played the game before when it was public for like a year, but I don't remember how hard it was. I was like level 16 or something.

Mr Pwnage

Read the following for understanding, the answer to your question is in the second paragraph:
Currently, there is a donors-only server online for, you guessed it, donors! You can access it by opening/reacctivating an account for a fee of 10 dollars. More information about everything can be found thread dedicated to explaining the matter, near the top of the homepage of this site.

Answer to your question:
Meiun (The owner and creator of Stick Online), has said that he does not plan on open the currently running donor server to the public (meaning non-donors). Currently though, Meiun and his team are in the process of devolping a "Stick Online 3". He has said that Stick Online 3 will definately be open to everyone, donor or not. If you still wish to play the version of stick online that was running when the game went down, please refer back up to the first paragraph. New content has been added to the game since you have last seen it, a lot of content, in case you were interested.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Josh

Well it is pretty easy to lvl but thats my opinion!

Maxwell10206

Well, thanks for all the information. Ill just go watch some stickonline videos of the game to job my memory and see if ill purchase it or not. That's if I have any money on hand.

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Maxwell10206 on July 12, 2009, 10:04:36 PM
Well, thanks for all the information. Ill just go watch some stickonline videos of the game to job my memory and see if ill purchase it or not. That's if I have any money on hand.
donation
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

ARTgames

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on July 12, 2009, 10:08:22 PM
donation

I'm sorry but when your who product is not accessible until you pay something i don't hold that up as a donation no matter what you call it or what stat the project is in. Now i understand giving something to some one who donated to promote the his actions and more donations. That's ok. But when that thing is the only game your company has out that's taking it too far. But what ever. gets around taxes. That's as far as im going with that here.

That's besides the point.

The game is hit or miss with people. Depending how froogle you are i suggest you try to play some one else account. also you haft to like the people here. they are a big part of the game and your going to see them a lot in game. If not w8 for so3.

Pirate92

Quote from: ARTgames on July 12, 2009, 10:44:33 PM
Quote from: Mr Pwnage on July 12, 2009, 10:08:22 PM
donation

I'm sorry but when your product is not accessible until you pay something i don't hold that up as a donation

I have seen many people try to correct others about it being a donation, but for now I agree, it's more like buying the game... So saying "Donation" Is kind of an understatement, at least until Meiun has enough money to host a full server, and hopefully hack resistant in the SOv3 release so there will be no need for "donation"/"payments"/"purchases" for the game. Donations mean nothing in return so it's considered buying the game right now.

Maxwell10206~ Hope you are happy with what ever choice you make! However I do recomend the game. I'm just waiting because I'm having issues with Paypal...

EpicPhailure

Quote from: Josh on July 12, 2009, 09:59:48 PM
Well it is pretty easy to lvl but thats my opinion!

It all depends on how devoted you are. Some people can get to 99 in 3-5 weeks, some can get to 99 in 3-5 months. It all just comes down to how much time you spend grinding.

But otherwise, there are a lot of fun events that just recently started to take place, with the tourney and what not. You can expect more to come.

I'd say it's worth it, and us donors may get something in return when S.O. v3 is released.

Maxwell10206

I got another question for you all. After you are level 99 or whatever is the highest level, and you have all the accessories that make you more powerful. Is the game still fun to play and hang out in? Cause I don't enjoy games much. Where after you beat it, it is just useless and you never really play it again.