News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Team tournament? Who'd be interested?

Started by jonsploder, July 19, 2009, 11:31:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonsploder

I'm thinking of planning a proper structured team tournament, and wondering who'd be interested. A few of you have seen me in game at the arena with a bunch of people, playing "tag team pvp" without tagging. Basically, it works with 1 person from each team jumping down onto the middle platform, and fighting each other to the death, and the losers teammates fill in 1 by 1, until the team has been knocked out.

The reason I'm asking if people would want me to organise such a thing is that at least half of us would win. This means no prizes would be awarded, and just for fun.

Titan

Livin' in a lonely world.

Celson

How would the signing up to a team work?

If you make it so people have to sign up for a team a few days before the actual event then it probably wouldn't work to well. Since from stick online history we have learnt that only about 60-90% of people actually show up. And if one person doesn't show up that's in a team then the team has to get someone else to fill in. But don't get me wrong, I love tag team pvp more than anything else in Stick Online. But it may not work out to well.

But if someone were to host a team pvp tournament then I would be very likely to join.

JoEL

Just make a team and sign each other up? It'd be cool to have team names as well.

CherryPie

I guess i'm in there. Still prefering team pvp's where all 4 players attack each others at a time - otherwise you can't use the upper platforms and it's less fun.

Just my thoughts, but I'm in nonetheless.

igufed

Gettra - In development  ExcessPoker - Released v1.0

ArtGames

Cool idea. are all the teams like 2v2 or 3v3 ect? also i like the endurance tag pvp thingy. I hope more small team fight system will be in so 3 other than the clans.

Forum

Officially quitted

jonsploder

Well, taking comments above into consideration, especially Celson's; instead of have fixed teams, a time and date could simply be p[osted and all would turn up then that could. Then teams would be chosen fairly, and evenly judging of skill and stats, a team name would be made and team pvp could begin. It could tweak after the first match, with a few people switching. But as Celson said, we couldn't have a signup thing because when people don't turn up, it screws everything up.

GaZ

I love the idea of a team pvp tourney, would be fun, but it was bad enough when people sat still for Dan's Tourney, I kept lagging out, with a lot of people actually jumping around fighting, I don't think I would be able to stay on long enough to take part.

But that won't stop me from trying!! :)
Count me in please.

mikkelet

I would join, too. But then I heard Andy was banned D:

DaBooda

Since there is no level limit, I'd be happy to join. I'm level one now and I'll be level 10 by then :P. I know I
'm gonna lose but it'll be amusing for a little bit. I'm going to donate tomorrow hopefully so i can start training soon.
Don't make fun of me. I'm dead serious, or there will be a red dot on your forehead too! *Snipe*

EpicPhailure

Android is banned?

I'd love to join. As long as it's level scaled. I don't want myself going against FoG or something.

foG

Do I get this right? We may not choose a partner ourself?

Made by EpicPhail.

http://mr.foglet.mybrute.com/
Fight my brute Mr.foGlet. =D

jonsploder

Level ones are dangerous! (lol). Believe it or not, as level one you can help your team by dodging hits and stamming the opponent out for your team mates.

And the whole idea is two massive teams EVENLY scaled against each other, but one on one fighting to the death. This way it will reduce lag and it's still very fun. The competing two really shouldn't be able to sit unless allowed to by their opponent, so tanking will barely work. And fog, everyone can go to a preferable team. But if it's too unfair, I'll alter the teams.

I'm thinking about hosting this on an Australian Sunday, which is Saturday for everyone else I think. Any preferable times? Stupid Australian timezones...