News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Team tournament? Who'd be interested?

Started by jonsploder, July 19, 2009, 11:31:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoEL

That's just stupid, scaled teams?

Can't we just choose our own team partners? If not that's stupid...
How ever I don't care who I'm with really...but I would like to play with someone I like and enjoy playing with.

mikkelet

Quote from: Epicphail on July 21, 2009, 12:04:55 PM
Android is banned?

Yes, and neither Meiun and Dan want to tell him why. They firmly believe, that he knows what he has done. (but he really don't)

foG

Made by EpicPhail.

http://mr.foglet.mybrute.com/
Fight my brute Mr.foGlet. =D

Petro

Quote from: jonsploder on July 21, 2009, 08:28:35 PM
And the whole idea is two massive teams EVENLY scaled against each other, but one on one fighting to the death. This way it will reduce lag and it's still very fun. The competing two really shouldn't be able to sit unless allowed to by their opponent, so tanking will barely work. And fog, everyone can go to a preferable team. But if it's too unfair, I'll alter the teams.

I am confused at this...why don't you just make 2 team captains that choose their players out of all the players that show up. All the better pvpers would be choosing first and the worse pvpers last. The teams would be even that way, unless the one captain makes bad choices.

Also, since I haven't said this yet... I will join too :D.

Lucifer

All of this fair and even crap is nonsense. When you're going to host a team tournament, you let them create their own teams, not limit them to some crappy ally. Wheres the fun in this? :/

I r disapprove of this topic.

igufed

You should be able to choose your partner..  

If your partner doesn't show up, I'm sure there will be people not signed up watcing and you could see if one of them want to join your team..
Gettra - In development  ExcessPoker - Released v1.0

foG

Quote from: Lucifer on July 22, 2009, 11:30:21 AM
All of this fair and even crap is nonsense. When you're going to host a team tournament, you let them create their own teams, not limit them to some crappy ally. Wheres the fun in this? :/

This, my friends.

Made by EpicPhail.

http://mr.foglet.mybrute.com/
Fight my brute Mr.foGlet. =D

Aqua

I might join... But I'm pretty busy around now.
~Aqua

jonsploder

Quote from: foG on July 22, 2009, 04:17:07 PM
Quote from: Lucifer on July 22, 2009, 11:30:21 AM

This, my friends.

Right. Then what do you do when it's Fog, luda, joel, luci, jonspldoer, igufed vs bosox?
You will be able to choose your friends to fight with. But if it becomes like above, then I will have to split people up. Understand?

Lucifer

The point of a Team Tournament is that you're fighting with a team of people You formed and You fight well with. You shouldn't be discriminating against the good pvpers/players with the best stats. Also if you're going to host a Team Tournament, you should decide beforehand what size the teams have to be. Once chosen, teams cannot be larger than the specified number, although it could be smaller (if they so desired o.O). Having it be made up on the spot is rather ridiculous, same with picking "Team Captains".

Titan

I think we should have two people elected captins and have them pick players.
That way its even and people can have some choice over who they play with.
Livin' in a lonely world.

EpicPhailure

It's not even because the captains could just pick the best players available, and only two people actually get a choice.

Aqua

And there are idiots who just like to mess things up... If a team captain decides to have a bit of fun, he  could ruin it for a lot of people. (Thinking of a time at school with team captains and a guy picked ALL of the bad players)
~Aqua

JoEL

Have it so it's either 2v2 or 3v3 or even 4v4's

not just two teams...

Bo-sox

Quote from: JoEL on July 23, 2009, 01:26:33 AM
Have it so it's either 2v2 or 3v3 or even 4v4's

not just two teams...

i agree it would be too confusing and if somebody didn't show up for 1 of the 2 teams it wouldn't work... plus there will be alot more small "teams" to compete.