News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Minecraft

Started by tehrozzy, September 10, 2010, 08:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ceroblitz

Me and pwnage are currently working on hell city. The entrance to hell city is right by Meiun's spiral staircase to the earths core, which also leads into hell city.
The views are breathtaking with lava down there.

Seifer

Quote from: Trogdor on October 24, 2010, 02:16:20 AM
Just bought the game a couple hours ago, still trying to figure out how not to die every night. I hopped on Scotty's server just to check things out, but I kept getting D/C'd. Or maybe it's just that I'm using a very obscure username (iraqiman), I could just be getting kicked...

To not die at night, get inside. Build yourself a cave, or a hut. Make torches. As long as your not out in the open, or anywhere underground where they spawn, and you've got torches, your set.

Also, Scotty, is there no way you can make this accessible to us poor people? I really can not afford MineCraft right now.

tehrozzy

I can understand not wanting Runecraft
but i seriously suggest adding in Llamacraft (or atleast another anti-grief server addin)
It allows you to disable tnt, lava buckets etc so randos cant just put lava on your stuff and blow up shit.

HamsterPants

Quote from: YayForLife on October 24, 2010, 06:06:47 AM
I can understand not wanting Runecraft
but i seriously suggest adding in Llamacraft (or atleast another anti-grief server addin)
It allows you to disable tnt, lava buckets etc so randos cant just put lava on your stuff and blow up shit.
Regular players are already unable to place lava and water.
This is not the case for TNT, however.

I'm all for anti-griefing, and we seem to have at least 1 griefer. Matty's boat was burned down by somebody, and some peoples' chests are being emptied.

Chaos

Btw, Trog, that part about the highway and Sky City wasn't directed specifically at you, but at everyone, just as a heads up.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Titan

Quote from: Chaos on October 24, 2010, 04:37:48 PM
Btw, Trog, that part about the highway and Sky City wasn't directed specifically at you, but at everyone, just as a heads up.

Sorry, but I totally didn't see this unitl I built a house up there. Feel free to rip it down, as long as you put my stuff somewhere safe.( I cannot access minecraft online right now for some reason) 
Livin' in a lonely world.

Mr Pwnage

Anybody have a clue who keeps griefing other people's shit? Matt Ricos boat got set on fire, my bridge got set on fire, and somebody stole TNT from me and Cero's Hell City and laced it all over Cameron D's house....I mean, this shit is getting old...it is a community server after all.

Also, for new people coming to the server, here are some areas of interest:
Scotty's Castle
Cero's Observatory
Cameron's Sky Garden (Now kinda ruined sadly)
Sky City by Chaos
Hell City by me and Ceroblitz
Epicphail and I's Hillside Resort
Port Town
Matt Rico's boat

Those are all the things off the top of my head. If I can get the game file from Scott I can use a program to create a topigraphical map of it and label it.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

tehrozzy

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on October 24, 2010, 09:12:28 PM
Anybody have a clue who keeps griefing other people's shit? Matt Ricos boat got set on fire, my bridge got set on fire, and somebody stole TNT from me and Cero's Hell City and laced it all over Cameron D's house....I mean, this shit is getting old...it is a community server after all.

Also, for new people coming to the server, here are some areas of interest:
Scotty's Castle
Cero's Observatory
Cameron's Sky Garden (Now kinda ruined sadly)
Sky City by Chaos
Hell City by me and Ceroblitz
Epicphail and I's Hillside Resort
Port Town
Matt Rico's boat
Stairway to the Core of the Earth (plus entrance to The Void) by Meiun

Those are all the things off the top of my head. If I can get the game file from Scott I can use a program to create a topigraphical map of it and label it.
Fixed

HamsterPants

Quote from: YayForLife on October 25, 2010, 12:37:08 AM
Stairway to the Core of the Earth (plus entrance to The Void) by Meiun
I was the one who found the hole... lol

Scotty

My most recent addition, still a work in progress:

HamsterPants

That looks ominous.
I like it.

Scotty

If anyone has any hints as to our server's griever, let me know.

In the mean time, I like TnT, as Luci, Chaos, Matty_Richo's friend, Cameron_D, or Haon will tell you...  In fact, I like it a bit too much, but not enough to destroy someone else's buildings...  Now caves on the other hand...

tehrozzy

Quote from: Scotty on October 25, 2010, 02:18:27 AM
If anyone has any hints as to our server's griever, let me know.

In the mean time, I like TnT, as Luci, Chaos, Matty_Richo's friend, Cameron_D, or Haon will tell you...  In fact, I like it a bit too much, but not enough to destroy someone else's buildings...  Now caves on the other hand...
well with anti grief systems like Llama craft you can disable it for everyone but admins, and make it so using a flint and steel will make it dissapear (for those who can use it) for those that cant hitting it will detonate it (for them only) and make it dissapear for everyone else. No land damage will occur if someone who CANT use TNT attempts to detonate it.

Chaos

Quote from: Titan on October 24, 2010, 06:13:04 PM
Quote from: Chaos on October 24, 2010, 04:37:48 PM

Sorry, but I totally didn't see this unitl I built a house up there. Feel free to rip it down, as long as you put my stuff somewhere safe.( I cannot access minecraft online right now for some reason) 

Oooooh, okay.  Been asking around to see who did it, I assumed that was LeGuy's.  He told me today he didn't.  I did take it down, but I took the chest and placed it by the tree in the town center and placed everything I could salvage inside it.  It's not that I don't want people building houses there, I just want them to follow the general building guidelines I've kind of laid out.  City block platforms, with 2 wide paths connecting to them, with substantial length between each city block.  Two wide paths ON the city block going around your house so that more paths may be constructed off the city block.  There's some actual buildings and city blocks up, now, so anyone interested should be able to get a general idea of what I'm going for just by looking.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

HamsterPants

Quote from: Scotty on October 25, 2010, 02:18:27 AM
In the mean time, I like TnT, as Luci, Chaos, Matty_Richo's friend, Cameron_D, or Haon will tell you...  In fact, I like it a bit too much, but not enough to destroy someone else's buildings...  Now caves on the other hand...
I hate TnT with an undying passion, considering the fact that I love caves so much, seeing mountains completely destroyed gets me pretty upset. But the most irritating part for me is that it looks really friggin ugly.

Though needless to say, I've never been much of a demolition man, I just like to appreciate the artistic value in everything these days...