News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Minecraft

Started by tehrozzy, September 10, 2010, 08:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cactuscat222

Last time we did an explosion that big, we ruined our server and world. The TNT went flying, causing craters everywhere, half the world got flooded, and the server died. When we tried reopening the server, it could no longer load the map, and we lost all of our work. :( I hate TNT in the wrong hands now.

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: YayForLife on October 25, 2010, 04:41:40 PM
If it hasnt been griefed, theres a large mossy cobblestone wall just near the spawn point (in the small village) that has the minecraft name and the SO name

Yeah I made that for that very reason when me and Cero revamped port town. People can just put AKA like many have so both aliases are known.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Scotty

We're not the Mythbusters, we're the Minebusters.

Har Har Har...

Cameron:D

Hah, now check the server logs, 90% of it will be
"WARNING cannot keep up..." :P
Yo..

ARTgames

Scotty! My house! :P

Trogdor

Hah, I screeny'd one side of the mountain with TNT, though there was more on top and a spattering of holes filled with the like.

Also, as of now the server has completely crapped out. Not sure what's going on wherever it's being hosted.
If you give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
If you light a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

tehrozzy

Griefer: !@#$ this i quit, these guys are destroying it themselves, whats the point?

Chaos

I did a blasting resistance test on different types of blocks.  I tested in this site:

With a 3x3x3 block of said material in the center, with the center block of the cube being TNT.  I light the TNT, place the final block, let 'er blow, and view the damage done to the cube, placed torches, and dirt blocks nearby.  Here are the results:

TNT Blasting resistance tests:
Dirt: 0/16 dirt blocks remaining, 0/8 torches standing, 0/26 material left standing.
-Resistance: None.
Glass: 0/16 dirt blocks remaining, 0/8 torches standing, 0/26 material left standing.
-Resistance: None.
Gravel: 4/16 dirt blocks remaining, 2/8 torches standing, 0/26 material left standing.
-Resistance: Mild.
Logs: 12/16 dirt blocks remaining, 6/8 torches standing, 0/26 material left standing.
-Resistance: Fair.
Wood: 16/16 dirt blocks remaining, 7/8 torches standing, 0/26 material left standing.
-Resistance: Decent.
Steel Block: 16/16 dirt blocks remaining, 8/8 torches standing, 0/26 material left standing.
Cobblestone: 16/16 dirt blocks remaining, 8/8 torches standing, 0/26 material left standing.
Diamond Block: 16/16 dirt blocks remaining, 8/8 torches standing, 0/26 material left standing.
Obsidian: 16/16 dirt blocks remaining, 8/8 torches standing, 26/26 material left standing.
-Resistance: Excellent.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Scotty

Before I unban our resident terrorist/griefer, I need to get some griefer detection in place.  All I care about is logging who is placing TnT, Lava, etc...  If I can find out who is placing it, I can run backups as frequent as necessary, so that isn't an issue.  All I need is who and when.  Anyone have any ideas?  I checked out llamacraft and they don't have any sort of detection, just straight exclusion of certain features, which isn't necessarily what I want.

HamsterPants

Quote from: Scotty on October 26, 2010, 01:02:30 AM
Before I unban our resident terrorist/griefer, I need to get some griefer detection in place.  All I care about is logging who is placing TnT, Lava, etc...  If I can find out who is placing it, I can run backups as frequent as necessary, so that isn't an issue.  All I need is who and when.  Anyone have any ideas?  I checked out llamacraft and they don't have any sort of detection, just straight exclusion of certain features, which isn't necessarily what I want.
So then you're saying that this game needs security cameras?
lol

Quote from: Scotty on October 26, 2010, 01:02:30 AM

Just note, the game doesn't save frequently so you're going to need to make the server force a save before you do a backup or it wont back stuff up (There is probably a plug in to do it, the way I do it on my server is too hacky :3)

EDIT: Oh, and check out the cuboid plugin, that way you can protect areas and set who can/cant change them)
Yo..

tehrozzy

server down? i got on for a second than it shut down again.

EDIT: Still cant get on but when i DID, it seems theres new plugins. It said Type /help for a list of commands
and that wasnt there before, nor did /help work so....

He's setting up hey0's mod with the anti-grief plugin so we can find out who keeps placing tnt through my house and sky city.
Yo..

tehrozzy

What extra commands do us normal players get? Hopefully a /playerlist or something of the sort   

Yep, and...
/warp <LOCATION> (I think only mods can set the warp locations)
/sethome (Sets your home location :D)
/home (Takes you home.... duh)
/spawn (Takes you to spawn)
/playerlist (Obvious)
/msg (PM someone)

There are some more, can't remember them off the top of head.
Yo..