News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Minecraft

Started by tehrozzy, September 10, 2010, 08:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ceroblitz

Its because Scotty hasn't updated.

Trogdor

Are you sure? I had assumed you all had no trouble logging onto his server...
If you give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
If you light a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Prosper

I had my old client logged on all day so for a long time I was alone on the server hehe. THen I closed the client updated and now I can't connect either. Lets just wait for scotty to update.

EpicPhailure

Yeah, it's the server that hasn't updated yet, not our client.

Prosper

if anyone knows a way to revert to the servers version let me know.

EpicPhailure

Quote from: Prosper on October 30, 2010, 09:56:29 PM

Don't think that's possible.

Mystery

Quote from: EpicPhailure on October 30, 2010, 10:06:24 PM
Quote from: Prosper on October 30, 2010, 09:56:29 PM

Don't think that's possible.
It's not.

Yes. YES! Feel my pain of not being able to get on the server! MUHAHAHAHAHAHA(at least until Scotty updates his which will probably happen in a day or so)HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

EpicPhailure

Looks like someone's addicted.

;)

Mystery

Quote from: EpicPhailure on October 30, 2010, 10:13:26 PM
Looks like someone's addicted.

;)
...No?

...It's such a hard game to not get addicted to. T_T I haven't had as much fun with a game like this in a long time.

Also, it's a community server, so I'd have more fun with it. You try going a week without getting on it whilst playing Minecraft, see how you like it.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

EpicPhailure

On another note, if you die in The Nether, you lose your inventory.

Which is supposed to be a bug, but bugs in Minecraft are called features, so yeah.

Mr Pwnage

I went to the nether on single player, normal difficulty...GOD DAMN! Those Ghasts are !@#$ing huge, and they spit meteors at you. That shit is intense....the nether is so dangerous you need a bow and arrow and a million golden apples to get anywhere....so crazy. Also, water doesn't work in the nether...so don't think you can put the fire out of yourself when you get hit by a fireball which does 5 heart damage and in addition starts burning you. This is like the hardest game !@#$ing ever. So scary too, I think it is safe to say this game now exceeds all categories of most other games before it is even in beta mode....and damn, it's a one-man project.....just wow, !@#$.

and @ Trogdor:
Yes, that is the error I'm getting when trying to connect to Scott's (outdated) server...
Also, I am yet to find a pumpkin and have been wandering for some time. What kind of area did you find it in?
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

EpicPhailure

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on October 30, 2010, 11:05:51 PM
I went to the nether on single player, normal difficulty...GOD DAMN! Those Ghasts are !@#$ing huge, and they spit meteors at you. That shit is intense....the nether is so dangerous you need a bow and arrow and a million golden apples to get anywhere....so crazy. Also, water doesn't work in the nether...so don't think you can put the fire out of yourself when you get hit by a fireball which does 5 heart damage and in addition starts burning you. This is like the hardest game !@#$ing ever. So scary too, I think it is safe to say this game now exceeds all categories of most other games before it is even in beta mode....and damn, it's a one-man project.....just wow, !@#$.

Not anymore now that he's created an official company.

And I heard you can reflect the fireballs by attacking them or something. I dunno.

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: EpicPhailure on October 30, 2010, 11:07:15 PM
Quote from: Mr Pwnage on October 30, 2010, 11:05:51 PM

Not anymore now that he's created an official company.

And I heard you can reflect the fireballs by attacking them or something. I dunno.

He has still been the sole developer on the game itself. He has a few other people helping him with the business aspect of things...I just read a whole biography on him and his progresses.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Trogdor

Well, I just started a single player file (I bought the game then jumped immediately into SMP after playing Classic for a few hours) and it's pretty different from SMP. Needless to say I'm still a newbie, so I haven't been able to collect enough obsidian to make myself a portal. But from hearing everyone's description of The Nether, I certainly won't be rushing to get to it, although I am curious to see it for myself.

Also, I found my pumpkin nestled on the side of a mountain, and I haven't seen another since. However, something tells me that they're randomly generated all over the map, seeing how (seemingly) rare they are...
If you give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
If you light a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Chaos

Anyone else liking the new grass and leaves colour?  :3
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster