News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Minecraft

Started by tehrozzy, September 10, 2010, 08:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeGuy

I died last night and lost all my stuff, so I ragequitted civilization. I ran off into a random direction, found an island, and make an epic, amazing treefort. I was beginning work on an underground travel hub and had a giant heap of supplies and tools. The entire process took at least 5 hours.

I logged on to check on it today and we had gone back to a previous server save file.

Whee!

Snakeman

Quote from: Scotty on December 18, 2010, 11:07:20 AM
Whoever Shadsterwolf is, he's banned for using over 100 flint and steels across port town.  I've also rolled back to a backup that was done before he logged in, so if you notice there not being stuff that you did last night, that's why.

I'll be investigating a few anti-griefer ideas today.

I !@#$ing KNEW that guy was a damn griefer. I honestly wanted to go stalk him and spawnkill him right then and there because he was so damn suspicious, but that wouldn't have been the best course of action for a paranoia spark.

Scotty

Quote from: LeGuy on December 18, 2010, 03:46:51 PM
I died last night and lost all my stuff, so I ragequitted civilization. I ran off into a random direction, found an island, and make an epic, amazing treefort. I was beginning work on an underground travel hub and had a giant heap of supplies and tools. The entire process took at least 5 hours.

I logged on to check on it today and we had gone back to a previous server save file.

As a general rule, if there is a reported (substantial) grief attack, cease all construction until I have a look.  If it is substantial enough, I will revert back to an old backup, and everything will be lost.  So for the sake of a timely reload from a backup and minimal down time, ensure that if you spot a griefer's work, to let me or Chris know, and if you see people log on, inform them that a grief attack occurred, and be cautious about doing anything super productive.

Josh

Has anyone made a StickOnline server for this game?

Snakeman

Quote from: Josh on December 18, 2010, 04:31:19 PM
Has anyone made a StickOnline server for this game?

What do you think we have been discussing this whole entire thread?

LeGuy

@Scotty: Yeah, I'll bear that in mind in the future.

I'm crossing building towers off of my list of ways to survive the night.

I jumped off, risking the fall damage. I was at least 10 blocks away from the base of the tower. They all exploded simultaneously. I died.
Whee!

Snakeman

Quote from: LeGuy on December 18, 2010, 06:56:36 PM

I jumped off, risking the fall damage. I was at least 10 blocks away from the base of the tower. They all exploded simultaneously. I died.

I HAVE TO TRY THAT. 8D

T-Rok

Quote from: LeGuy on December 18, 2010, 06:56:36 PM

LOL you should have built a bridge to the water. :P

EpicPhailure

Should've jumped off the other way. If the fall damage didn't kill you, you can outrun the creepers and the spider would be non-hostile.

11clock

Bought the game with the survivor mode, but I don't know how to enter it. So far I can walk around and hit things in the main mode, but I don't know how to build things. Help?

EpicPhailure

Quote from: 11clock on December 18, 2010, 11:52:33 PM
Bought the game with the survivor mode, but I don't know how to enter it. So far I can walk around and hit things in the main mode, but I don't know how to build things. Help?

Right click builds, left click destroys (you have to hold it down). To enter Survival Mode, go to the site and either play it through the browser (labeled Alpha), or download the client.

tehrozzy

Itll be beta sometime tomorrow :D

sly 3 4 me

Just wanted to mention that the player 'Shadsterwolf' is someone I know. He was at my house while I was using the computer and noticed the minecraft topic and saw the IP for the server here. I told him him he could try it and play on it but didn't know he would destroy the stuff people worked on. He also mentioned it wasn't the first time he had done it, so any other small changes or alterations could have been him also. This post isn't asking to give him another chance or anything, I just wanted to mention it wasn't someone from the community here.

Josh

Eh When i try to play Indev or with client the Loading screen will freeze at 'Done Loading' Any of you guys know what to do?

Ceroblitz

Quote from: sly 3 4 me on December 19, 2010, 01:07:43 AM
Just wanted to mention that the player 'Shadsterwolf' is someone I know. He was at my house while I was using the computer and noticed the minecraft topic and saw the IP for the server here. I told him him he could try it and play on it but didn't know he would destroy the stuff people worked on. He also mentioned it wasn't the first time he had done it, so any other small changes or alterations could have been him also. This post isn't asking to give him another chance or anything, I just wanted to mention it wasn't someone from the community here.

and thats that, I guess. the best solution is to have the ip address gave out by pm now, and/or white list people.