News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Minecraft

Started by tehrozzy, September 10, 2010, 08:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RayRay

Quote from: Josh on December 19, 2010, 01:34:55 AM
Eh When i try to play Indev or with client the Loading screen will freeze at 'Done Loading' Any of you guys know what to do?
This happened to me too. It's probably because you don't have enough memory? I don't know. That happened to me.

11clock

Quote from: EpicPhailure on December 19, 2010, 12:19:19 AM
Quote from: 11clock on December 18, 2010, 11:52:33 PM
Bought the game with the survivor mode, but I don't know how to enter it. So far I can walk around and hit things in the main mode, but I don't know how to build things. Help?

Right click builds, left click destroys (you have to hold it down). To enter Survival Mode, go to the site and either play it through the browser (labeled Alpha), or download the client.

I have the client downloaded. There is Singleplayer, Multiplayer, Mods and Texture Packs, and Options. Is there supposed to be a Survivor button somewhere, or is Singleplayer Survivor mode?

RayRay

Quote from: 11clock on December 19, 2010, 08:21:39 AM
Quote from: EpicPhailure on December 19, 2010, 12:19:19 AM
Quote from: 11clock on December 18, 2010, 11:52:33 PM
Bought the game with the survivor mode, but I don't know how to enter it. So far I can walk around and hit things in the main mode, but I don't know how to build things. Help?

Right click builds, left click destroys (you have to hold it down). To enter Survival Mode, go to the site and either play it through the browser (labeled Alpha), or download the client.

I have the client downloaded. There is Singleplayer, Multiplayer, Mods and Texture Packs, and Options. Is there supposed to be a Survivor button somewhere, or is Singleplayer Survivor mode?
Singleplayer is Survivor.

EpicPhailure

The entire alpha is survival. Singleplayer has all the latest stuff Notch puts out, but is...well, singleplayer. Multiplayer is less complete, but is still quite playable.

11clock

Alright, thanks for the info! I'll keep exploring the game and occasionally ask for tips.

What is the best way to obtain building blocks? Getting tired up beating up sheep (though it's quite hilarious).

Chaos

Punch trees to get wood.  Use wood to make tools.  Use tools to mine stone and dig dirt (or dig dirt with your hands).
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

11clock

I can connect to Scotty's server. YAYZ! :D
A bit laggy though.

I watched all of the beginner tutorials. Getting better playing Minecraft. :)

Snakeman

Quote from: Ceroblitz on December 19, 2010, 02:07:14 AM
Quote from: sly 3 4 me on December 19, 2010, 01:07:43 AM
Just wanted to mention that the player 'Shadsterwolf' is someone I know. He was at my house while I was using the computer and noticed the minecraft topic and saw the IP for the server here. I told him him he could try it and play on it but didn't know he would destroy the stuff people worked on. He also mentioned it wasn't the first time he had done it, so any other small changes or alterations could have been him also. This post isn't asking to give him another chance or anything, I just wanted to mention it wasn't someone from the community here.

and thats that, I guess. the best solution is to have the ip address gave out by pm now, and/or white list people.

I highly agree with this, since the forums are public and are in full view to guests (At least, all the non-admin sections, if any admin boards exist.)

Anybody can easily stumble across the forums, spot the topic, and then waltz in and begin the onslaught on Port Town.

EpicPhailure

I propose Scotty add LeafDropper until Notch fixes leaves.

In short, it constantly removes leaves that aren't connected to wood.

Josh

Quote from: RayRay on December 19, 2010, 07:34:15 AM
Eh When i try to play Indev or with client the Loading screen will freeze at 'Done Loading' Any of you guys know what to do?
This happened to me too. It's probably because you don't have enough memory? I don't know. That happened to me.
No I uninstalled Reinstalled, Cleaned up my computer still isnt working :S

RayRay

Quote from: Josh on December 19, 2010, 08:58:37 PM
I mean virtual/physical memory. You know, like RAM? Page File? A computer can only run so much at once.

11clock

I created a new world and spawned next to a HUGE wall of sand and stone. I Made a workbench and made myself a wooden pickaxe, I continued on and scaled up the huge sandy wall and built a cave inside it. I used surrounding rocks to build a better pickaxe and a sword. Sadly I did not have time to find a source of light, so here I am in a tiny dark cave with a spider right outside.

Praying that I'll survive the first night.

EDIT: Crud, zombies and creepers are behind me and the wall. Can they dig?

Josh

Quote from: RayRay on December 19, 2010, 09:00:18 PM
Quote from: Josh on December 19, 2010, 08:58:37 PM
I mean virtual/physical memory. You know, like RAM? Page File? A computer can only run so much at once.

Yea but I WAS playing it but now it just stopped working? Idk

RayRay

And so, through a lot of groaning and squeaking, 11 lived through the night and headed out for coal.
He's telling me what he's doing. lol

11clock

Survived the night! Here is a good view of the world. Good spot for a cave, right?