News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Minecraft

Started by tehrozzy, September 10, 2010, 08:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celson

Quote from: Scotty on December 21, 2010, 02:57:49 PM
Quote from: Snakeman on December 21, 2010, 02:07:58 PM
Quote from: Scotty on December 21, 2010, 08:53:42 AM
Quote from: YayForLife on December 21, 2010, 04:29:58 AM
Quote from: T-Rok on December 21, 2010, 04:23:06 AM
That map looks ridiculously huge... But I want to point out some odd sphere thing at 8724, -4642. Its not the epic dome, it looks like its made out of grass.
Haha i saw that :P it looks awesome

Everyone apparently is obsessed with making large domes or spheres, I think I'm going to assign Jake to the mission of making an extravagantly large penis that floats above the ground, Snakeman, feel free too give him a handjob

...Why.
... Why not.

I can think of a few reasons.

Should do something else.. Like a giant chick with big tits, know what I mean?

Lucifer

I dunno. This server is plagued by areas completely farmed of trees, abused by TNT, or entirely in flames. Sky City & Port Town still have tons of blocks obtained before duplicating was banned, and much of it is frankly ugly to walk through. But there are also a lot of truly awesome things that people have surely poured a lot of effort into, and we can always move off in different unexplored directions.

If we keep this current server, I'd really appreciate it if warp points were made in all of the major cities. They'd just act as spawn points, so we don't have to walk from port town to wherever our house is located. No other warps, just locations that have been colonized by the majority of players, like Sky City, Port Town, and Arcadia.

*edit*
There is of course the subway, but having to get yourself a cart in order to just get back to your house is ridiculous. Maybe just a return of the /home command and no warps?

Scotty

Quote from: Lucifer on December 24, 2010, 08:28:42 AM
If we keep this current server, I'd really appreciate it if warp points were made in all of the major cities. They'd just act as spawn points, so we don't have to walk from port town to wherever our house is located. No other warps, just locations that have been colonized by the majority of players, like Sky City, Port Town, and Arcadia.

If we kept the current server, this is likely what would happen.  A) I would move days upon days out in the middle of nowhere to replace the initial spawn location far far away.  Keep in mind, this delays the server being started up for the community.  B) I would most definitely not place any warps at the old locations, as that is where all the duped items are at.  C) I would delete everyone's data files to include their inventories, D) I would have to delete everyone's money.

We have three options.  (1) Start over with new map, (2) keep same map but move way out to BFE, with little or no hope of finding your way back or (3) don't do anything at all.

EpicPhailure

I wouldn't mind a restart. That's the best part of Minecraft.

LeGuy

I wouldn't mind starting all over. The point of Minecraft, really, is colonization, and I think we've already done a pretty good job of that with our current server. And it would be a whole new challenge this time around now that monsters and such are working.
Whee!

ARTgames

@Scotty
Make the old map available for download like you said you were and restart the server with a new map. Good to go.

Mr Pwnage

I wouldn't mind a full-throttle restart. May I request though that you save the old map and make the save file download-able in case any of use want to play it on single player ever again?
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

ARTgames

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on December 24, 2010, 01:59:25 PM
I wouldn't mind a full-throttle restart. May I request though that you save the old map and make the save file download-able in case any of use want to play it on single player ever again?
I agree. Or some one else can host it if they want.

Trogdor

I was all for starting over on a new map a long time ago, so it's obvious what my answer's going to be. This time, I'll build a bridge that actually goes somewhere!
If you give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
If you light a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

RayRay

I'd say restart. Start fresh and new for everybody. Besides, my current state is a mess.

Snakeman

Quote from: Lucifer on December 24, 2010, 08:28:42 AM
I dunno. This server is plagued by areas completely farmed of trees, abused by TNT, or entirely in flames. Sky City & Port Town still have tons of blocks obtained before duplicating was banned, and much of it is frankly ugly to walk through. But there are also a lot of truly awesome things that people have surely poured a lot of effort into, and we can always move off in different unexplored directions.

This paragraph shares my views pretty much perfectly. The server has a lot of fascinating and intricate buildings and areas, and I don't necessarily want to toss them away so hastily. However, much like Luci said, there are many areas that are, quite obviously, torn apart haphazardly and without any good repair. And being one that obsesses over the uniformity and neatness of areas, even outdoor ones, this very well bothers me.

However, again, it would bother me, to an extent, to restart the entire server map as it is, because, again as I've said, I've got a few projects up in the works that I've been devising, and two out of the three were made for multiplayer interaction.

All in all, I personally don't want to start fresh out of the deep blue quite so hastily, but if the majority calls for an entire new revamp, then I won't try to fight 'till the end for it. I just want to get it out there that I'd like to enjoy the current server a tad longer first, and maybe tie up some loose ends.

Trogdor

While the current server's map is in purgatory, I decided to see what all the fuss was about regarding The Nether. So I gathered up some diamonds, mined myself obsidian, and built a portal!

For the first time seeing The Nether, I was pretty impressed with what Notch has done. And no, I don't know how to use Youtube or Google image. :P
/]

I also met some Ghasts...
/]

And on a completely different note, I decided to be proactive and began designing a minecart station in case we start over on a new map. It's very rudimentary, but fully functional. I also hooked up the cart return mechanism to the cart delivery system just for fun.
/]

ARTgames

Quote from: Trogdor on December 26, 2010, 12:36:16 AM
And no, I don't know how to use Youtube or Google image. :P
And what do you mean by that? Also nice screen shots.

Celson

Just got Minecraft for Christmas. How would one go about obtaining the server IP for Scotty's Minecraft server?

Trogdor

Quote from: ARTgames on December 26, 2010, 12:45:16 AM
And what do you mean by that? Also nice screen shots.
I'm just sayin' that I'm too stupid to go the easy route and Google or Youtube "The Nether" and find out what it looks like. :-XPlease don't post that 'saiyan' picture...

Also Celson, the server's IP is boobs.servebeer.com, but it's been taken down in order to wait for the newest release of hey0's mod. That, and we're all debating on whether to even keep the current map.

Edit: Or you could take a look at ART's signature for the server IP. ;)