News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Minecraft

Started by tehrozzy, September 10, 2010, 08:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draxx

Quote from: Scotty on December 29, 2010, 10:25:48 PM
Quote from: RayRay on December 29, 2010, 10:08:53 PM
Quote from: EpicPhailure on December 29, 2010, 10:06:25 PM
Quote from: RayRay on December 29, 2010, 10:03:52 PM
Quote from: Scotty on December 29, 2010, 08:36:13 PM
Quote from: ARTgames on December 29, 2010, 08:35:21 PM
Can you turn the creepers off?

At this point, from what I'm hearing they are getting bad enough, and people are getting careless enough I may have to.
lol You probably do, since everyone is doing their own thing and doesn't wanna do anything together.
True satisfaction comes from doing whatever completely by yourself.
...It rather destroys the point of Multiplayer. I mean what? Are we just having our stuff on someone else's world so everyone can look at it/enter it freely?

Then the members have no one to blame but themselves, if you want to collaboratively build something, organize it and do it, I highly encourage it.

I convinced Macro to let me get a modest plot of land up in his floating island area.  He's like his own HOA and requires a certain building style and city codes that must be followed but it's all in keeping with the spirit of his collaborative idea.

Now that's not to say I don't have my own project (Glass Skyscraper) but that's my long term goal.

EpicPhailure

I don't think my mob trap works :l I have no idea why. It might be because there's a pocket of air below the barrier blocks, to keep them from going down the drain into my cave.

So basically, what I did is this.

I took a 7x7x3 square embedded into the ground, put two blocks on each corner going the same direction, dug one layer off of the sides, put spring blocks on the ledges, and made a 3x3x1 square above a drain going down into my cave, one block off the ground to block the monsters off.

Draxx

Quote from: Scotty on December 29, 2010, 08:31:23 PM
I feel compelled to re-iterate what I define a griefer as, and how I will be dealing with them.

Being a griefer can be defined as either intentionally or accidentally damaging the work of others.  Good examples of intentional griefing would be TnT'ing someone's house, or burning down their log cabin.  Accidental griefing is a bit more vague if not understand fully.  Dragging a creeper along behind you in a well established area that is being worked on, or has been worked on, having it blow up, and then not fixing the holes caused by the creeper would be a good example.

Accidental creeper blowups in remote desolate areas where it is unlikely one will travel, or has not yet been developed does not constitute being a griefer.

If you cause a creeper to explode in a popular or developed area that someone has worked on, you fix it.  If you blow up someone's work, you fix it, if you light it on fire, you fix it.  If you fail to fix what you have griefed either intentionally or accidentally, I will ban you.  There are no second chances hence forth.  If Chaos or I catch you getting blown up and not taking the time to fix it, you will be banned.

No excuses.  If you lack the materials, find them and fix it.

Just something I noticed though, some newb blows up half the spawn shelter (not sure who they ran away and being my skyscraper is right there I was close enough to notice) so I tried to start filling in the hole but since it's too close to the spawn the blocks kept disappearing so I couldn't even fix their mistake  :-\.

EpicPhailure

There's a some kind of Spawn Protect-esqe mod that allows you to prevent any unauthorized removal or placement of blocks in an area, including explosions (both TNT and Creeper).

sly 3 4 me

Was wondering if someone could help me find out why my computer is so laggy on the game opposed to my friend's computer. He has the same video card, but a lower version, less ram, and a lower processor speed and plays the game with twice the fps as me. :|

RayRay

A background process is running?

sly 3 4 me

Nope, I've tried it with turning every unneeded process off.

ARTgames

Just because it looks like you have the same video card does not mean you do. Some time video cards come out in series and the drive's only see them by that. Also make sure your video drivers are up to date.

Also just because your cpu is clocked higer means nothing. A I7 at 2ghz is like 16x faster than a P4 at 3ghz. Minecraft is a cpu heavy game so make sure you have a good one.

Ram is strait forward. The more the better. If you can provide you PC specs. Also lowering your view distance and turning graphics to fast in Minecraft can help alot.

If you play online and you are getting a lot of lag and offline you dont it could be your internet or the server internet or the server specs are not good. Most likely its your internet. Slow/bad network speed can effect your fps and ping on Minecraft (really only when loading new land as the game w8ts for it to be sent).

sly 3 4 me

Well, I can't really get the specs of the laptop my friend has because he's out of state at a wedding right now. Here are mine I suppose. It's a pretty bad laptop, so..  :P

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 12/30/2010, 15:26:33
       Machine name:
   Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.100427-1636)
           Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Acer     
       System Model: Aspire 5720     
               BIOS: Default System BIOS
          Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     T5450  @ 1.66GHz (2 CPUs)
             Memory: 3062MB RAM
          Page File: 597MB used, 4350MB available
        Windows Dir:
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters:
     DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
        Card name: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family
     Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
        Chip type: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family
         DAC type: Internal
       Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2A02&SUBSYS_011E1025&REV_03
   Display Memory: 384.0 MB
     Current Mode: 1280 x 800 (32 bit) (60Hz)
          Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
  Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200
      Driver Name: igxprd32.dll
   Driver Version: 6.14.0010.5218 (English)
      DDI Version: 9 (or higher)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 1/13/2010 12:18:36, 57344 bytes
         Mini VDD: igxpmp32.sys
    Mini VDD Date: 1/13/2010 12:18:34, 1730272 bytes
Device Identifier: {D7B78E66-6942-11CF-F767-1421A2C2CB35}
      Video Accel:
Deinterlace Caps: n/a
         Registry: OK
     DDraw Status: Enabled
       D3D Status: Enabled
       AGP Status: Not Available
DDraw Test Result: Not run
D3D7 Test Result: Not run
D3D8 Test Result: Not run
D3D9 Test Result: Not run

ARTgames

Your cpu should run your game at a some what good playable speed. But your video downright sucks. Sorry. You do have a good amount of ram for the game.

I painted a tree a little below the sky box and this is how it came out. :P

Here is a video I made of the creeper face across the lake from town. I find it entertaining.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMZkR3lmRJU

11clock

The server went down! :(

Prosper

Quote from: 11clock on December 30, 2010, 09:14:54 PM
The server went down! :(
I still love Scotty :)

Edit : back up :)

Scotty

Been having some random stability issues today, working on it right now.

Trogdor

If you give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
If you light a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Magebolt

Offline to me..

edit: something wrong with my internet:S
http://teno.boards.net/

Just started a 2D Platformer MMORPG with Killer Loader called " The Endless Night Online"