News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Minecraft

Started by tehrozzy, September 10, 2010, 08:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RayRay

I don't like how small the spawn shelter is. I spawn outside the shelter, then a creeper instantly blows up and I die where I just spawned a second ago. Can you control the spawn area or something? Cause it's really getting on my nerves...

ARTgames

Why can creepers build in spawn and we cant? only kidding :P

Magebolt

Is it just me or did  the whole world change like for the 3rd time cause i've lost my lake house everything.
http://teno.boards.net/

Just started a 2D Platformer MMORPG with Killer Loader called " The Endless Night Online"

Scotty

I just realized this last night, I was under the assumption that spawns occur in one single spot, not over a span of blocks randomly, I will be changing the size of the spawn location.

EDIT: I just created a new spawn safe-house and relocated the spawn point to it.  Should be all set now.

ARTgames

http://notch.tumblr.com/post/2582321901/2011-here-we-go

QuoteSo it’s the first working day of the year, and we’ve got two more people in the office now. Carl Manneh and Tobias Möllstam. And we’ve got the entire office as well now.

AND.. just a few minutes ago, I found out that Minecraft got three nominations for the Independent Games Festival (Grand Prize, Technical Excellence, and Excellence In Design). So this means I definitely will be going to the GDC this year! :D

On Wednesday, we’ll have a strategy meeting of sorts and try to work out some vague plans and try to decide how to drive Minecraft beta development and try to define what the finished game will actually be. We won’t start work on modding or anything like that before then.

But! We (especially Jens) have added a bunch of new content to Minecraft that we want to get out asap, so there will be a content patch update next week with a whole pile of fun new toys, including a water mob and quite possibly paint if we can figure out how exactly it should work.

(Oh, and Minecraft will hit 1 million sales soon, and I have NO idea how to celebrate that! There’s no time to plan anything!)

Red October

Hmmmm someone stole 25 diamonds from me... =\

It's happened within the last 24 hours. Whoever did it replace cobblestone with dirt. Corts ~236x, 65y, -5z. Can you look into it Scotty?

Edit- They were returned.

Draxx

I recently made a cobblestone path to certain areas if anyone would like to add their project/residence to connect up with the path please feel free but make sure any additions you add are well lit to help prevent mob spawning on the path.

RayRay

I have finished my arena. A bit small, the fighting area is like 9x9. I was thinking 81 squares is good. It is anti-monster because torches are all inside and it is tall & fenced. Has 4 rows of seats and has a little tunnel around the base. It is completely made of cobblestone, which used up about 9 stacks. Also there is a little path on top of it that doesn't have any ladders. Don't mess with it, I'll put the ladders.
If you look to the right of the path surrounded by cactus from the original spawn house, you'll find a cobblestone path one square wide up a hill under a giant tree. If you follow it, you'll find the arena.

...That was some long sentences, and they're not even run-on. :P
By the way, I may edit this post and show a screenshot.

Scotty

The server is down right now due to some hardware upgrades.  Pending finding the solution, it should be up tomorrow no later than 7PM EST, but likely no earlier than 5PM.  Sorry folks.

Trogdor

Quote from: Scotty on January 06, 2011, 01:44:28 AM
Pending finding the solution, it should be up tomorrow no later than 7PM EST, but likely no earlier than 5PM.
Lies!

Anyways, I've finished the departure section of the minecart station, so once the server's back online I encourage anyone and everyone to test it out for me. In other words, I defy you to mess up the system without destroying anything. That way I can account for any possible human errors I may have overlooked, as well as more test data to adjust booster track lengths, the delay in redstone circuits, etc. I'll probably have to move the button that calls the cart a bit forward, so you can't press it while waiting for the booster cart to send you out; that kind of thing. I've already made it impossible for someone to call for multiple carts, but feel free to try it anyways. Of course, I can't prevent you from destroying the cart, purposely getting out of the cart and calling for another, or anything else of a malicious nature. Just be a little rough with it as this will be for public transportation.

For those who don't know where it is, it's just west of the spawn. If you follow Draxx's cobblestone path from there, it'll dump you out at the Town. From there find the halfstep pathway leading out to the house in the middle of the bay; that's the entrance. Oh, and I'm not sure if there's a cactus on the track still, so be careful of that... Yurchel has been booby-trapping my station lately.
If you give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
If you light a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Scotty

Funny, just got the server up as you posted that.

EDIT: For clarification, I got a new router, and the port forwarding for it is ridiculously bugged in such an annoying way that it seriously took two days to figure it out.  For those who have tried to port forward before, I'll explain in the event you have a Belkin router and are experiencing similar issues.  The router gives you twenty slots to use for port forwarding.  When I attempted to enter the minecraft info in the first of twenty entries, I would get an error saying "No2.The IP address you entered is invalid" (improper spacing and everything), and for the love of God, I couldn't figure out what the hell was wrong, as the only thing I entered was the minecraft port info in the first entry.  Sure enough, in every single one of the twenty inputs, there's a description box, and the router by default puts in two spaces in each entry's description box, so when you attempt to submit the form, it thinks that you have twenty invalid/incomplete entries because of those two spaces.  You have to go through all twenty description inputs and manually delete the two spaces so that it doesn't think you attempted to submit twenty entries because they are too !@#$ing incompetent to fix such an annoying and show stopping bug.

tehrozzy

@Scotty: You should get the hMod plugin MinecartMania
it gives you HEAPS more stuff to do with them
Gold Blocks = %100 speed for a great amount of time (similar to a booster cart)
Obsidian blocks stop minecarts, theres a block that kicks you out of the cart and the cart will keep going, you can set up systems where carts are in a chest, you just hit a button and itll spawn the cart on the launch pad, get in, hit another button to send the cart flying away, etc. Check it out!

RayRay

Quote from: YayForLife on January 07, 2011, 07:16:07 PM
@Scotty: You should get the hMod plugin MinecartMania
it gives you HEAPS more stuff to do with them
Gold Blocks = %100 speed for a great amount of time (similar to a booster cart)
Obsidian blocks stop minecarts, theres a block that kicks you out of the cart and the cart will keep going, you can set up systems where carts are in a chest, you just hit a button and itll spawn the cart on the launch pad, get in, hit another button to send the cart flying away, etc. Check it out!
Found a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbqpzJVj0Mk Finally, a use for gold.

...Was really easy to find. idk I just felt like saving everyone 20 seconds of their life.

Scotty

I will not be adding any further functionality to Minecraft through hMod.  My suspicions were correct:

http://forum.hey0.net/announcements.php?aid=4

Chaos

Scott restored the server from a back-up to resolve some re-chunking issues.  Alas, anything done since the 5th has been undone.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster