News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Minecraft

Started by tehrozzy, September 10, 2010, 08:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magebolt

So um do we need to give our Ip's to join now cause i can't get in the server hahaa
http://teno.boards.net/

Just started a 2D Platformer MMORPG with Killer Loader called " The Endless Night Online"

tehrozzy

Quote from: Magebolt on January 29, 2011, 03:02:12 AM
So um do we need to give our Ip's to join now cause i can't get in the server hahaa
Yeah you gotta PM it to scotty.

Magebolt

Well that sucks cause that means i have to do it every time i wanna connect cause of dynamic ahahah and it might change by the time he gets to it....
http://teno.boards.net/

Just started a 2D Platformer MMORPG with Killer Loader called " The Endless Night Online"

ARTgames

Yeah there needs to be a way to password protect a server or something of the sort.

T-Rok

Quote from: Magebolt on January 29, 2011, 07:26:20 AM
Well that sucks cause that means i have to do it every time i wanna connect cause of dynamic ahahah and it might change by the time he gets to it....

Just don't turn off your computer. xD

RayRay

I hate those IP changers. They only make things worse. Is there even a way to turn it off?

ARTgames

Quote from: T-Rok on January 29, 2011, 01:21:32 PM
Quote from: Magebolt on January 29, 2011, 07:26:20 AM

Just don't turn off your computer. xD
Most of the time people have computers behind a router that is connect to a modem (sometimes all in one). So your safe to turn off your PC. Most of the time when you get a new ip is when you restart your modem. Sometimes it may for no reason.

My point is you should be ok as long as your modem stays on. But I agree this white listing is not the best solution.

Quote from: RayRay on January 29, 2011, 01:25:02 PM
I hate those IP changers. They only make things worse. Is there even a way to turn it off?
yes you can get static ip's. google it.

Mystery

I've been having quite a bit of trouble even connecting to Scotty's server lately, is anyone else having these problems?

EDIT: To be more specific, I time out 98% of the time while attempting to connect.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Josh

Mmmm, "Failed to connect to server  Connection: Timed out"??
Ive found i can still connect to other servers, Is this because my IP is dynamic because I really dont know.

EpicPhailure

If you get a time out, it means that you're not on the whitelist. Go see if your IP changed.

Mystery

Quote from: EpicPhailure on January 29, 2011, 03:54:39 PM
If you get a time out, it means that you're not on the whitelist. Go see if your IP changed.
That's the thing. I already checked, it's still the same. Which is why I'm puzzled as to why it's not working.

EpicPhailure

Yeah I can't connect either. Scotty probably effed up :D

Or maybe it's Minecraft?

Mystery

Quote from: EpicPhailure on January 29, 2011, 03:57:35 PM
Yeah I can't connect either. Scotty probably effed up :D

Or maybe it's Minecraft?
I doubt that too, as I can connect to a few other servers. (which due to anonymity reasons, I will not release the IPs of.)

tehrozzy

I suggest a possible answer to whitelisting (AND an ability to have all that hMod stuff back) is to downgrade to the latest hMod compatible server, then uhh, well. Hang on, ill copy/paste from another server that did this.
"~Mac Users~

Go to Mac HD > Users > Your Name > Library > Application Support > minecraft > bin

then delete EVERYTHING. Run minecraft. It should download the upgraded version of minecraft. Go back to your bin folder and follow this: *SEE BELOW

~PC Users~

Go to My Computer and go to the address bar. Select all and delete. Type in or paste this in: %APPDATA%\.minecraft\bin. This is your bin folder. Delete EVERYTHING. Now run minecraft. It should download the newest version of minecraft. Go back to ?%APPDATA%\.minecraft\bin? and follow this: *SEE BELOW

Mac-Steps

1.) Open up Macintosh HD (or whatever drive)

2.)  Then, click Users and find your name/username.  The find the Library folder and you should see a bunch of folders. Find ?Application Support? which should be near the top. In that folder is a bunch of other folders which one of them should be minecraft. Click it and open it.

3.) In the minecraft folder find the ?bin? folder and open that. Finally, delete everything within that folder except the ?natives? folder and the ?version? file. So basically, delete all the .jars.

4.) Next, go to this link and download the file: To download, click here (Opens in new window). I would recommend public download. Now, for MAC users your going to need a unzip file application. For this, I recommend installing Suffit Expander

5.) Once extracted, you should get a folder in your downloads folder (/user/downloads)  called bin. Open that folder and you should get a bunch of .jars and a natives folder. All you need to do is drag the .jars into YOUR bin folder and NOT the natives folder. Once you have done that your good to go! Just run minecraft as usual and poof!

Pc-Steps

1.) First, open My Computer and go up where it says ?My computer?.  Select it all and backspace it. This is called the address bat. And what you want to do is paste this into it:  %APPDATA%\.minecraft\bin

2.) You should get a folder with .jars, a version file, and a natives folder. Delete everything EXCEPT the version file. Now, this is different from the MAC steps because in the MAC one you don?t delete the natives folder but in this one you do.

3.) Now what you want to do is go to this link and download the public download: To download, click here (Opens in new window). This is a .rar file and in order for you to extract the files from it you need an extracting program. There is a very popular program called WinRAR (click to download).

4.) When you extract it you should about 4 or 5 .jars and a natives folder. Select all and drag it all into YOUR bin folder. Once you have done so you can close out of everything and run minecraft like normal.

This basically DOWNGRADES minecraft to a hMod compatible version, while minecraft still thinks its up to date. this way we can use a nice stable server wrapper!
Oh and if this becomes the idea, i'll post the rar file with the older mc.

RayRay