News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Minecraft

Started by tehrozzy, September 10, 2010, 08:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Titan

Quote from: Chaos on March 06, 2011, 11:31:43 PM
Quote from: Titan on March 06, 2011, 10:54:57 PM
Well I'm done, since it seems I'm not allowed to make something on land I claimed, without trees being planted everywhere.

Boo hoo.  Next time don't try to "claim" land that never belonged to you.  Don't even begin to think that you can just build a castle right next to our village, chop down half my forest, and then call the area your own without a fight.

Your right I forgot you own the deed to that land.
How can you say it more yours that it is mine?

I'll let the whole thing go, but only if you take the trees out on the actual castle and the entance.
Livin' in a lonely world.

T-Rok

Quote from: Titan on March 07, 2011, 11:50:38 AM
Well I'm done, since it seems I'm not allowed to make something on land I claimed, without trees being planted everywhere.

Boo hoo.  Next time don't try to "claim" land that never belonged to you.  Don't even begin to think that you can just build a castle right next to our village, chop down half my forest, and then call the area your own without a fight.

I'll let the whole thing go, but only if you take the trees out on the actual castle and the entance.

Your not exactly in a position to be bargaining. It is your fault you didn't check in to make sure it was no one elses.

Chaos

Boo hoo.  Next time don't try to "claim" land that never belonged to you.  Don't even begin to think that you can just build a castle right next to our village, chop down half my forest, and then call the area your own without a fight.

If you want to argue that you can't "own" the land, then what the hell are you bitching about?  You have effectively just argued that you can't claim the land, so you have no right to complain about me planting (REPLANTING) my trees there.

But to answer your question, because I started the village practically at the beginning of the server.  I choose that area around the bay to build that village.  I planted the trees to surround the area I choose to build the village.  We started building our houses in the area around said bay.  Then, one guy joins the server, decides they don't like our village, decides to build a castle immediately adjacent to our village, chop down half the trees I planted around said village, walls the empty area off, then claims it all as their own.  Oh yeah, and then states hostility towards anyone who trespasses.

Yeah, I'm sorry, CLEARLY you have far more claim to it. (/sarcasm)  But hey, maybe we can ask Scott about it!  We can see if he defines chopping down a forest someone almost entirely hand-planted as griefing.  

But you know what?  I'LL let this incident go, and because I'm feeling generous, I WILL remove the trees in the castle and entrance areas.  Because I know that at least *I* have respect for someone's hard work.  (which is also why I merely planted trees, instead of just taking TNT to it and calling it a day.)
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

T-Rok

Quote from: Chaos on March 07, 2011, 03:11:27 PM

Boo hoo.  Next time don't try to "claim" land that never belonged to you.  Don't even begin to think that you can just build a castle right next to our village, chop down half my forest, and then call the area your own without a fight.

If you want to argue that you can't "own" the land, then what the hell are you bitching about?  You have effectively just argued that you can't claim the land, so you have no right to complain about me planting (REPLANTING) my trees there.

But to answer your question, because I started the village practically at the beginning of the server.  I choose that area around the bay to build that village.  I planted the trees to surround the area I choose to build the village.  We started building our houses in the area around said bay.  Then, one guy joins the server, decides they don't like our village, decides to build a castle immediately adjacent to our village, chop down half the trees I planted around said village, walls the empty area off, then claims it all as their own.  Oh yeah, and then states hostility towards anyone who trespasses.

Yeah, I'm sorry, CLEARLY you have far more claim to it. (/sarcasm)  But hey, maybe we can ask Scott about it!  We can see if he defines chopping down a forest someone almost entirely hand-planted as griefing.  

But you know what?  I'LL let this incident go, and because I'm feeling generous, I WILL remove the trees in the castle and entrance areas.  Because I know that at least *I* have respect for someone's hard work.  (which is also why I merely planted trees, instead of just taking TNT to it and calling it a day.)

Would have loved to watch that lol..

Trogdor

Oops, I didn't know the bay was the focal point of the village, and I went ahead and built an ugly house in the middle of it. :s

I'll go ahead and dismantle it.

Edit: If I can even manage getting on Scott's server at all.
If you give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
If you light a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Chaos

Quote from: Trogdor on March 07, 2011, 05:50:08 PM
Oops, I didn't know the bay was the focal point of the village, and I went ahead and built an ugly house in the middle of it. :s

I'll go ahead and dismantle it.

Edit: If I can even manage getting on Scott's server at all.

What house?

Yeah, I was on the server earlier, then I 'timed out', and now I can't get on anymore, either.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Snakeman

Of all the things people whine about in terms of griefing, this takes the cake. Of ALL the things people can POSSIBLY do, trees are the EASIEST things to clear out.

I should just !@#$ing bury your castle in a 10-obsidian-thick shell so you know what REAL griefing is. Seriously, cry harder.

Titan

Yeah, I'm sorry, CLEARLY you have far more claim to it. (/sarcasm)  But hey, maybe we can ask Scott about it!  We can see if he defines chopping down a
forest someone almost entirely hand-planted as griefing.  

Because I was so serious about the trespassing thing  ::)

But anyways, I'm sorry for all the trouble I caused, and would like to issue an apolgy to you Chaos, your completly right. I had no right whatsoever to cut down your forest and steal part of your village.
Livin' in a lonely world.

Chaos

Quote from: Titan on March 07, 2011, 10:43:21 PM

Yeah, I'm sorry, CLEARLY you have far more claim to it. (/sarcasm)  But hey, maybe we can ask Scott about it!  We can see if he defines chopping down a
forest someone almost entirely hand-planted as griefing.  

Because I was so serious about the trespassing thing  ::)

But anyways, I'm sorry for all the trouble I caused, and would like to issue an apolgy to you Chaos, your completly right. I had no right whatsoever to cut down your forest and steal part of your village.

And I apologize for making myself sound more angry than I actually am.  While I DO want the land to continue expanding the village (we've gotten two people trying to build houses INTO the bay already, plus want for space to build a clock tower) and keep the surrounding forest, I was never really that angry about it.  I would have removed the trees from the castle and entrance anyway, I only did it to compensate for the second chopping down of the trees, plus turning the castle into castle ruins that had "been abandoned, and taken back by nature", as it were.   :P
Jake says:

sayers6

Sorry about building into the bay, there wasn't much land nearby, I'll remove my house when I get the chance.

Chaos

Quote from: sayers6 on March 08, 2011, 01:56:34 PM
Sorry about building into the bay, there wasn't much land nearby, I'll remove my house when I get the chance.

If you want, you can build one in the southeast corner where the trees are atm.  That's part of the reason we wanted the land.  Alternatively, you can cut down some of the trees on the SW island and build one on there.  Or, you could build one across the river in 'west arc' and make that less of a shithole. 
Jake says:

Mr Pwnage

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Seifer

So it looks like we've got an economy system on Scotty's server. This is great. This makes it a lot easier to trade, since we don't need to try and barter, hoping that I have what you need, and you have what I need.

Now the fun part is we can ONLY get gold from mods. This means that you will be starting off with 100 or 200 dollars, depending on how much Chaos likes you. After that, you must trade with others to either make, or lose money. This sounds great, since we all know that an economy with absolutely no money flowing in is ideal, which is exactly the kind of economy we are going to have here. This means that after the initial week of this, the roughly 10 active players within the game will have maybe, maybe 2000 gold between them. Thus is our total wealth, 2000$. No matter what happens, we will always have 2000$.

Now, Chaos, being infinitely wise, and a mathematician, has used his magical math powers to create some baseline prices for resources, which are to be used by all, to stimulate the economy and create a fair and agreeable price upon which people shall trade. Now, you may question whether these prices are fair or not, but you must remember, Chaos came upon them by math, so they are undeniably accurate.

What are these prices you might say? Well, let me give you a taste! Two hundred and twenty five dollars (225$) for one Diamond. That's right, all you have to do is go mine for say, 10 minutes or less, and you may have just doubled or tripled your wealth! It's that easy folks. Go sell it to someone, which can't take long, since we have a baseline price and Diamond is so precious. I can't believe how rich you are. Just imagine, you could collect 10 Diamonds and have ALL the wealth of the game. That easy. Now you are god, and if someone wants something, anything, you can set the price, since it is all yours. You can give them 1$ for a Diamond, because aside from what you have, that's a lot of money to everyone else, since it's infinitely more than they have. It's almost as if you just broke the economy. Don't worry about them getting money by any other means either, for remember, no money what so ever will be flowing into the game, since that is the supreme economical choice, and Chaos's personal opinion, which are one and the same.

Of course, you may be sitting here thinking wait! I disagree with Chaos, this doesn't make sense. In which case, I would keep you mouth shut, or you may get Banned from Scotty's server!

Chaos

Jake says:

Snakeman

Quote from: Seifer on March 09, 2011, 12:51:55 AM
walloftextetc.

Yo dawg I'm happy for your concern and Imma let you finish, but:

The old economy was balls buggy so honestly this is better even if at a limit.

And if "10 minutes can get you enough diamonds to buy out the game" then that's just a crazy contradiction right there. Who the !@#$ would even THINK of buying ANYTHING if they can find it as willy-nilly as you say.

Not trying to spark up arguments here, but, think about it for a sec. If resources were so balls-easy to come by, then nobody would even bother with an economy thus rendering your rant pretty uh not-as-solid there, Seif.

However, I will say that a good alternative to all of the capped-monies-limit shenanigans would be a cash payout every time a monster is slapped. Not only does it remove the economy cap, but it'll give people a reason to hunt mobs, because frankly there is none (sulphur = TNT which you will probably NEVER use anyways, bonemeal = buggy in SMP what a !@#$in' surprise, string = make a bow and keep a little bit spare for extras then never touch again, feathers = just kill chickens lol)