News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Minecraft

Started by tehrozzy, September 10, 2010, 08:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cactuscat222

This is why you just make a boat and float away... and then suddenly minecraft troubles you no more, except when the creepers start swimming. :(

Also: Cactuscat222 looking to be whitelisted! (That is the name as well)

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

Chaos

Quote from: Cactuscat222 on March 09, 2011, 02:24:00 AM
This is why you just make a boat and float away... and then suddenly minecraft troubles you no more, except when the creepers start swimming. :(

Also: Cactuscat222 looking to be whitelisted! (That is the name as well)

Added

Also, my rebuttal, in 8 words.

QuoteSo it looks like we've got an economy system on Scotty's server. This is great. This makes it a lot easier to trade, since we don't need to try and barter, hoping that I have what you need, and you have what I need.

Now the fun part is we can ONLY get gold from mods. This means that you will be starting off with 100 or 200 dollars, depending on how much Chaos likes you. After that, you must trade with others to either make, or lose money. This sounds great, since we all know that an economy with absolutely no money flowing in is ideal, which is exactly the kind of economy we are going to have here. This means that after the initial week of this, the roughly 10 active players within the game will have maybe, maybe 2000 gold between them. Thus is our total wealth, 2000$. No matter what happens, we will always have 2000$.

lol, inflation

Now, Chaos, being infinitely wise, and a mathematician, has used his magical math powers to create some baseline prices for resources, which are to be used by all, to stimulate the economy and create a fair and agreeable price upon which people shall trade. Now, you may question whether these prices are fair or not, but you must remember, Chaos came upon them by math, so they are undeniably accurate.

lol, probablities

QuoteWhat are these prices you might say? Well, let me give you a taste! Two hundred and twenty five dollars (225$) for one Diamond. That's right, all you have to do is go mine for say, 10 minutes or less, and you may have just doubled or tripled your wealth! It's that easy folks. Go sell it to someone, which can't take long, since we have a baseline price and Diamond is so precious. I can't believe how rich you are. Just imagine, you could collect 10 Diamonds and have ALL the wealth of the game. That easy. Now you are god, and if someone wants something, anything, you can set the price, since it is all yours. You can give them 1$ for a Diamond, because aside from what you have, that's a lot of money to everyone else, since it's infinitely more than they have. It's almost as if you just broke the economy. Don't worry about them getting money by any other means either, for remember, no money what so ever will be flowing into the game, since that is the supreme economical choice, and Chaos's personal opinion, which are one and the same.

Of course, you may be sitting here thinking wait! I disagree with Chaos, this doesn't make sense. In which case, I would keep you mouth shut, or you may get Banned from Scotty's server!

lol, supply and demand

Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Seifer

Quote from: Snakeman on March 09, 2011, 01:28:25 AM
Quote from: Seifer on March 09, 2011, 12:51:55 AM
walloftextetc.

Yo dawg I'm happy for your concern and Imma let you finish, but:

The old economy was balls buggy so honestly this is better even if at a limit.

And if "10 minutes can get you enough diamonds to buy out the game" then that's just a crazy contradiction right there. Who the !@#$ would even THINK of buying ANYTHING if they can find it as willy-nilly as you say.

Not trying to spark up arguments here, but, think about it for a sec. If resources were so balls-easy to come by, then nobody would even bother with an economy thus rendering your rant pretty uh not-as-solid there, Seif.

However, I will say that a good alternative to all of the capped-monies-limit shenanigans would be a cash payout every time a monster is slapped. Not only does it remove the economy cap, but it'll give people a reason to hunt mobs, because frankly there is none (sulphur = TNT which you will probably NEVER use anyways, bonemeal = buggy in SMP what a !@#$in' surprise, string = make a bow and keep a little bit spare for extras then never touch again, feathers = just kill chickens lol)

Which is my point Snakeman. That the "baseline" pricing is wrong, because no one would ever spend at that price, which in the end does not stimulate the economy, because idiots(IE:Most People) will follow baseline prices like sheep.

And as you say, there does need to be a way to have money coming in.

Mr Pwnage

No mods of any kind is the way to go :)
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Scotty

I merely implemented it last night, there's much more that can be done with it.  So in light of the fact that we will improve upon it, making it more reasonable, I leave you with this little nugget of joy:

Breaking news!!!! The pity train has just derailed at the intersection of Suck It Up and Move On, crashing in to We All Have Problems, before coming to a complete stop at Get Over It. Reporting live from Quit yer complainin!!!

sayers6

Quote from: Chaos on March 08, 2011, 07:21:17 PM
in the 'west arc' and make that less of a shithole. 
I guess I'll take the shithole, seeing that I was able to find the west arc easily. Plus it has a ton of space.

Scotty

Quote from: sayers6 on March 09, 2011, 10:50:33 AM
...  Plus it has a ton of space.

Minecraft's new slogan.

Snakeman

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on March 09, 2011, 09:31:25 AM

Formally requesting we re-implement SDKmod and give everybody perms to spawn with a deagle (except Pwnage!)

ARTgames

@Seifer
I'm not sure if its possible but I guess you could do what the bit coin model is and let us go farther than 2 decimal places.

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Snakeman on March 09, 2011, 03:06:46 PM

Formally requesting we re-implement SDKmod and give everybody perms to spawn with a deagle (except Pwnage!)

You won't ever find me on Scott's server anyways :)
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Scotty

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on March 09, 2011, 04:16:40 PM

Damn skippy.

EDIT:  I'm needing to brainstorm how we are going to do the economy before we blow it up and it gets out of control before we even start.  I want to come up with a system, which I think might be native to the Eco mod I have installed that allows users to purchase items I specify for a price.  I also believe that there is a mod that allows mobs to drop cash when you kill them, which would be nice, but essentially we need a way for money to disappear if we start thinking about ways for money to appear.  I'll be socializing this with Chaos and some of the members online tonight to figure out the best way to approach this.

T-Rok

Quote from: Scotty on March 09, 2011, 05:11:28 PM
Quote from: Mr Pwnage on March 09, 2011, 04:16:40 PM

Damn skippy.

EDIT:  I'm needing to brainstorm how we are going to do the economy before we blow it up and it gets out of control before we even start.  I want to come up with a system, which I think might be native to the Eco mod I have installed that allows users to purchase items I specify for a price.  I also believe that there is a mod that allows mobs to drop cash when you kill them, which would be nice, but essentially we need a way for money to disappear if we start thinking about ways for money to appear.  I'll be socializing this with Chaos and some of the members online tonight to figure out the best way to approach this.
NPC store, money goes in, it doesn't come out. :P

ARTgames

it would be neat if some how gold was tied to are currency to give it more of a use.

Scotty

Chaos and I are searching for a user-shop plugin.  If you know of one (NPC shops is not an option), feel free to let us know.  It has to be bukkit based, and preferably use iConomy as a dependency.  Keep in mind, user-based, not a global shop, but a user based shop.

Morgasm92

Hey i know i haven't been apart of stick-online for long....but i love minecraft, and if you wouldn't mind sending me the ip to your server that'd be kool :P

Cheers